“Awesome Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Montgomery, AL
“Awesome Hotel”
Reviewed August 7, 2008

This is the best hotel my family has booked in Atlanta. Loved the standard double bed hotel rooms! The wood floors are a great addition and the beds are so comfortable. The front desk is the best. The first night we had Alan. He was very helpful and suggested a great eating place right around the corner that was open 24 hours ( The Diner). The next night Marquis was at the front desk. You couldn't ask for a better host! Our cable went out because of a storm and so we sat in the comfortable lobby atmosphere for a while. Marquis offered us some playing cards (which I my family and I haven't done in years)! We had a good time. The hotel bar is also nice if you want a drink. The Bartender is also great! This hotel also provides a limo service free within 3 miles. I can't forget to mention the out of this world breakfast at this hotel. There is a great older gentleman that hosts the breakfast. When in Atlanta my family will stay here! I can't say enough about the hotel and staff!

• Liked — Front desk staff and wood floors in room
  • Disliked — Would prefer to have 2 queen beds instead of 2 double beds in rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank CamChris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
Dallas
Reviewed August 2, 2008

As with every hotel there are pros and cons, but I must truly state that this hotel is extremely overrated. I recently stayed from July 27 to Aug 2 based on the reviews I saw on tripadvisor and needless to say my stay was less than spectacular. Pros: morning breakfast with made to order omelets and great shopping in the nearby buckhead area. Cons: shower curtain had holes in it, toilet constantly ran after flushing, unable to get internet connection on my laptop while in the room and construction on adjacent lot woke me up every morning. All in all, not a completely horrible stay, but I don't plan on returning. Having stayed at hiltons homewood suites, the homewood suites up the street would have probably been more appealing with larger rooms and more up to date amenities, like flat screen TVs in the rooms (which this hotel didn't have).

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
White Plains, NY
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Once again, tripadvisor does not steer us wrong. This is a great hotel just outside Atlanta in the plush Buckhead area. The service the first thing you notice as the hosts are kind, friendly and help with everything. The free shuttle limousine service is amazing and the fact that they pick you up late night from neighboring areas is incredible for a city hotel. The rooms are spacious with granite countertops, a nice bathroom and a comfy bed. Cannot say enough about the breakfast as well with an omelette maker and a pleasant smile with a newspaper ready for you. Would not stay anywhere else....free parking as well.

Stayed July 2008
Illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We had an excellent stay at this hotel on July 5th. When we arrived after a long day of driving, it was a relief to pull up to this GORGEOUS property surrounded by lush gardens and a cool fountain. Our room was not ready when we arrived(? not sure why as it was past 5PM) but the very friendly and courteous desk clerk, Marquise, I think, sent us to relax by the pool and have some cappuccino.This gave us time to notice how nice this hotel really was. Modern , SPOTLESS lobby and nice little pool/spa area outside. A few minutes later we were checked in and as we entered the elevator were greeted by the housekeepers and their supervisor who made us feel welcome. Our room was beautiful, immaculate, and hip. There was a microwave and minifridge and tons of pillows on the plush beds..For around $100, this was the best hotel deal I have ever gotten in any large city or anywhere for that matter. Later we decided to go out to eat and asked the desk for advice on where to go. They handed us a list of restaurants and their prices and cuisine and then told us they will drive us to any one within 3 miles of the hotel-almost all on the list- in the hotel's limo!!!!! How awesome!! For Free!!! [Make sure you tip these guys -they are great!!] We had a lovely dinner at a Spanish restaurant-called the desk who sent Anthony -also courteous and professional-to get us when we finished. The next morning, there was complimentary breakfast so we rose early and were expecting rolls and coffee, but instead were treated to chefs preparing plates of eggs, bacon, potatoes, danish, fruit ,even an omelet bar!!! It was delicious and we were treated as if we were the only guests by the friendly staff. I know I am gushing, but seriously, I have never had this good of an experience anywhere in the country!!! Flawless express checkout and free parking. What else could you want??? Stay here if you go to Atlanta- I hope all Wingates are this nice!!

• Liked — spotless hotel, friendly staff, great ammenities, easy highway access,fast checkout
  • Disliked — waiting to check-in
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
nc
Reviewed July 9, 2008

This is a great place to stay!! We were treated as royalty all weekend!! Rode around in a stretch Lincoln Navigator!!
Breaskfast is awesome and the people are extremely friendly
Thanks for a great great weekend!! Jackie J NC

• Liked — Free Breakfast Buffet and shuttle service
  • Disliked — Room was a bit small
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
orlando
Reviewed July 8, 2008

At The Wingate in Buckhead we were cordially greeted by Mr. Anthony Hines-Tecoy. He set the positive tone for our stay. Our suite was tastefully decorated, spacious, and had many of the amenities of home. When traveling to Atlanta, I would encourage you to make the Wingate/Buckhead your destination.
Class, Cleanliness, and Concern for their guests.
What more could you want?

• Liked — quality
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Columbia, SC
Reviewed June 11, 2008

I stayed here with some friends for a concert and picked the hotel based on the location and the "Limo" service which I translated to mean shuttle service. As it turns out Limo meant Limo - all shapes and sizes. The drivers were all precious and very nice. The front desk group from Monique to Marquis made every effort to get to know us by name so they could greet us by name. The bartender is very nice and stays on top on a very busy bar. Anthony the hotel manager is on it as well - during our stay when we were in the hot tub, a group of girls there for a slumber party invaded the pool area and he was right there to speak with the chaperone to make sure we were not run off.

I have stayed at the hotel several times since the original stay in May and I come thru Atlanta once maybe twice a month...I won't stay anywhere else.

• Liked — Spacious rooms, free wifi
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business