“Wonderful stay during a stressful time”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #8 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My home flooded April 1, 2012 and I had to find accomodations quickly to accomodate me during the renovations. The Wingate gave me a very competetive rate which was great since my stay ended up being nearly 6 weeks instead of the planned 2. I can't say enough about the customer service, the friendliness of the staff, and the quality of the hotel and its amenities. I even was able to secure a "quiet" room since this was to be my home for a while: a 5th floor room on the back side of the hotel, away from the elevators. The morning breakfast was wonderful since I couldn't cook for myself and the manager's happy hour was a great way to unwind and have a snack after work. Parking is free and the hotel is very conveniently located. By the time I left, I felt like I was part of the family and I appreciate so much how the staff embraced me and took care of me during such a stressful time. Thank you Burgess, Frannie, Chris, Monique, and everyone else for your warmth and hospitality and for running such a great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank lovesthebeach70
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Like I kept saying they will tell you " two weeks " it will be ready in two weeks.... ha ha.
It was our sincere please to have you as our extended family. Don't be a stranger, come in and see us sometime.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,339)

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was surprised by the genuine warmth and kindness by all, especially the manager who really looked after me. The rooms were clean and lovely. The breakfast and limo service makes your stay a bargain. I am leaving after a business trip with such a good state of mind thanks to the hotel's hospitality.

3  Thank Sheila U

You are most welcome. I hope you got home safe and see you next time you are back. Thank you for your gift than was very kind of you.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

If you are looking for a neighborhood business hotel in Buckhead, at an affordable price look no further. I've stayed at the Wingate a few times this year and it is my firts choice. The staff is great, the location is convenient, rooms are clean and well well done and the bed is great They have a stretch limo that will drive you around to and from the office or to dinner and back. The free b'fast is acceptable and the small bar has a good selection.

I can save money here and get treated well.

3  Thank James H
Reviewed May 15, 2012

a very friendly place to stay with great service. the limo service was a nice touch too. also liked the hot breakfasts cooked to order by a charming southern gentleman. rooms were clean and comfortable. all in all a very good choice

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dot H
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Always a great trip to Atlanta when I stay at the Wingate Buckhead! Fantastic service and accommodations.

Room Tip: All rooms have been equally pleasing.