“Nice Hotel”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #9 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Great breakfast. Room was pretty small. Did not have an extra sink outside of the bathroom, which is helpful when you stay with other people in the room. Room was clean. A/C worked great. Pool looked very clean. Weight room is small, but adequate. Staff was very friendly as advertised. We asked to have comforter removed ahead of our stay, and they did so as asked. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rambo5555
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Thank you for your awesome review. We are so happy to have lived up to your expectation. See you on your next visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

The Hotel looks like nothing special. Inside it looks like a thousand others. But there is something about this that makes it an excellent place to stay. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable. But it is the people, like Marquis, that make every day "A Powerful Day at the Wyndham". Fabulous service. The complimentary limo, yes all 50 feet of it, is extremely useful for getting about and much cheaper than taking a cab. They took us to two restaurants and to the nearby Lennox Mall. It is conveniently located for a shopping splurge, which was our main purpose. Breakfast has too much choice! Too many good things to eat. Marquis gave us an excellent recommendation for a restaurant, so trust him to find you what you would like. Although it looks like nothing special I can see why it is rated so highly.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PhilSE
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Thank you ... we are glade that we could make your vacation “Special" Yes you are right, many hotels have the same amenities ( Except the Limo) but it is the "people " that make us " Special"

Reviewed April 6, 2011

My family and I were very undecided on a hotel. After reviewing the comments on trip advisor, we decided to give this one a go. I was so happy with this decision. I was so surprised by the service we received from the limo driver to the chef, everyone was great. And of course I met the hotel celebrity, Marquis, and he was just as pleasant and helpful as the comments indicated on trip advisor. I would definetly recommend this hotel and plan to stay again. The only negative is the hotel bar is a little too pricey and the pool is located outside of the hotel.

1  Thank Covington3

Thank you for your kind words about our Staff. Unfortunately the weather was not cooperating with you visit .... too chilly for April. But it is beautiful 75 F. Please come back and enjoy the outside.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

My family and I stayed there as a stop-over on our way to Florida. From the start we were pleased with the customer service over the phone as we requested early check-in. Our room was clean and had hardwood flooring which was different. We tried to use the pool but it was a little too chilly and went into the hot-tub instead. The outdoor pool and hot tub area doesn't look as well maintained as the hotel. They provide complimentary limo service which was a treat for the kids and a surprise for my hubby. As other reviewers have mentioned, the breakfast was very nice and had plenty of hot and cold choices.
Overall you can't beat this hotel with what's included for the price. Definitely would stay there again.

1  Thank Lukin4bargins

Thank you for your great review. The weather is now beautiful and the outside is useable again after all that bad weather. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

From the moment I arrived and was greeted familiarly by Marquis, to the moment we checked out after a fabulous full breakfast hosted by Miss T, we felt like we were at home - only better! At home no one makes me to-order omelettes (free) or brews me fresh espresso by the cup (free). No one at home stocks a full bar (ok, not free but convenient!) for my after hours enjoyment, nor do they bring me fresh towels or have fresh cookies waiting for me in the afternoon (free). And no one ever chauffeurs me in a stretch Escalade to a fabulous dinner when I'm at home (yes, you guessed it - free)! The decor, including the bamboo floors in each room and oriental carpets in the hall, was similar to what I have seen in much more upgrade hotels costing $300+ per night. Wireless internet was included (request a low floor for good signal) as well as plenty of FREE PARKING (try finding that anywhere else in downtown Atlanta!). And the staff - they were impeccable! To a person, I felt like they cared about me and my family, and that they genuinely enjoyed working here. There is great shopping nearby (Nordstom Rack and H&M anyone?!), tons of fabulous restaurants and dozens of tony neighborhoods to explore. So, with a business hotel in the financial heart of Atlanta that has family-friendly weekend rates (~$119) and perks like these, why would I ever stay anywhere else again!

Room Tip: If using internet, request a room on a low floor .
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2011

You are Fabulous ...... for your generous compliments. The Wingate by Wyndham concept was founded on the “all-Inclusive " pricing. One price includes all or your amenities which other hotels charge for. Thank you again for your kind words ... see you soon

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Mice and located place with a gorgeous price if you book in advance

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank grehelo

We have great pricing all the time ...... even last minute specials !! Thank you

Reviewed March 22, 2011

As I found myself returning home to Canada from Afghanistan, I decided a 1 day lay-over for some R&R along the way would be great. A round of golf in the home state of The Masters seemed like a good spot for myself and my longtime co-worker and friend. After contacting the Wingate-Buckhead for some information about their hotel and golf packages I received a return e-mail asking how they could assist us in our travels. Before long we knew this would be a great place to stay...our room was booked with early check-in....golf was booked at the nearby Fulton-North...complimentary Limo was provided to and from the golf course as well as out for dinner and late night pick-up. The hotel couldn't do enough for us to make our stay as enjoyable as possible and I can't say enough good things about the staff. There was nothing to take away from this hotel experience and the price was certainly not out of line. Only wish I had more time to enjoy the city and surroundings, but there can always be a next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

We always strive for the “Hole in One “I hope you got close to one in your golf game. It was our pleasure to have been able to help you out on your R & R.
I would also like to THANK YOU for your service to your country without which we would not have the Freedoms we enjoy