Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrib houseroom was cleanfront desk personnelcontinental breakfastbullpendowntownuberaquarium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Unless you are a group of guys around 21 years old wanting to catch a baseball game, then don't do it... Room was not clean at all. AC was so loud I could not sleep, remote did not work, alarm clock did not work, bathroom was nasty....

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank cmcclure
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

cmcclure,

Thank you for your review. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our services, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Reviewed September 19, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for a few nights during a 3-week long, 7-State road trip. We chose this hotel as it was reasonably priced compared to the hotels in the dowtown area but was still within reasonable distance to downtown. Unless you are a Braves fan attending games at Turner Field, I can see no other reason to recommend this hotel. It was below average and was in fact the poorest standard of any hotel/motel that we stayed in during this trip. The staff were uninterested and were obviously off sick the day they taught customer service on their hotel hospitality training course. On the first morning all of the tables in the self-service breakfast area were either occupied or dirty. There were no staff attending the breakfast area so I approached the Front Desk were two of the staff were talking to each other, one of whom was the duty receptionist and the other was a domestic assistant. I asked if I could have a cloth to clean the table (obviously expecting that the reply would be "Oh, don't worry we'll see to that") so imagine my surprise when the domestic assistant said, "I'll get you one" and then returned some minutes later with a dry face towel! I had to use the sink in the lobby toilet to wet the face towel in order to clean the sticky syrup from the table - not impressed. On returning from dinner on the first night we struggled to find a parking space as the hotel seems to rent out parking slots for people going to Braves games, some of these people slept in their cars and were still there the next morning - weird! The breakfast was awful and the staff were conspicuous by their absence. It took well over 15 minutes just to get the waffle mix replaced after we requested it with around 35 mins still to go before breakfast was due to finish. There was virtually nothing left to eat and none of the hotel staff bothered to resupply the items. We did not bother with breakfast for the remainder of our stay, preferring to pay for breakfast in the city. The swimming pool was located actually inside the car park, at the rear of the hotel but on the edge of the parking lot and the water was filthy!! The couple of PCs that were a sorry excuse for a business centre were also problematic. Downtown Atlanta is only a few minutes drive away and we found a decent car park at only $7 per day on Memorial Drive SW, just across from the State Capitol - this was the only advantage to this hotel. We were on a 21-night vacation across 7 States, which does not come cheap when flying from the UK with 2 grown-up offspring so cost was a factor but if I returned to Atlanta I would just pay the extra and stay in a decent hotel downtown.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank travelpassion

travelpassion,

Reviewed September 18, 2009

I just returned from staying at this hotel. As far as clean it was about average for a hotel, the thing was my car got broken into. My sons psp and all equipment was stolen out of my car. I waited 2 and a half hours for a police officer to write a report. The manager on duty just ignored us, o.k. I understand that they are not responsible for the theft. I thought at least durning the long wait she could have at least said something to us besides, "where are you parked". This apparently is not a good neighborhood and it happens all the time, that's the only reason I can figure for the lack of concern. The only good thing was that Sonya the desk clerk did call an officer for us, Thank-you for that. I can only hope that this review will make someone think twice before staying at this hotel. Stay at the Holiday Inn it's not a bad walk and it's right next to the last parking area of Turner Field.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

the88bette,

Reviewed September 7, 2009

Conveniently located next to Turner Field (Atlanta Braves)--you can walk to the field from the hotel. Parking is free. The room was clean. These were the only positives I can say for this hotel. Upon check-in, I was promptly threatened that if I smoked in the room (non-smoking hotel, I am not a smoker), my credit card would be charged. I indicated that we did not smoke, so there would not be an issue. Check-in woman indicated that she needed to make sure I understood the policy (okay, got it, thank you).

On the elevator ride up to 2nd floor room, it stopped so abruptly, I was nearly knocked off my feet--my husband & I took the stairs for the rest of our time there. Water in the shower was a degree or two above cold (both in evening & in the morning), & A/C was noisy. Breakfast was the minimum they could get away with--bagel was stale, juice machine were empty, waffle-maker difficult--people were having a hard time pealing their waffles off of it. (Non-stick spray could have helped).

If you are considering this hotel because of it's location next to Turner Field, our after-game experience:

At the end of a game (Sunday afternoon, ~5pm), my husband & I waited 10 minutes before we got up from our seats, then walked out of the field and walked passed the people waiting in their cars in a line to get out of the field's Green parking lot. We parked in the adjacent Blue parking lot. Once we got to our car, we got in, and drove right out the Blue parking lot (no waiting), and got on I75S quickly. It would have been an easy drive to another hotel.

Bottom line: Just looking for a place to spend one night after a game and you don't want to spend the $10-12 to park at the field, this hotel may be okay for you.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

MilitaryTraveler13,

Reviewed June 17, 2009

No where better to stay when going to a Braves game. Easy parking, nice clean rooms and you can walk to the stadium. Staff was very nice, especially the manager who was at the desk when we checked in.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family