“Nice place.. Nice location ...for baseball and more”

Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South
Ranked #137 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 18, 2012

very close to both stadium and olympic park...but perfect if you want a go to a braves game...my only problem was that i book on hotwire 1 room for 3 people in their wildcard program(they choose the hotel but you pay less on good room)just to make sure we have 2 beds i pay a little more(3pers=6$ more..so i taught it was worth the investment)) because i was with my brother the clerk tell me that i specially ask for a king size...but in the end had no problem switching our room ....so the blame is on hotwire.....

Room Tip: book directly with front desk
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Rene R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and your experiences during your stay. Since your stay we have made many improvements and continue the effort to continuously elevate our level of service. We have completed a full renovation on our rooms and the hotel as a whole. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the positive changes we have made during your next visit to Atlanta. Again, thank you for your comments, all feedback is used to help improve our efforts to build our hotel staff and product into a destination guests look forward to visiting.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel itself was okay. The staff was friendly upon check in and check out. We only spent one night. Room was decent. Nothing spectacular. Breakfast was included. My biggest complaint about any hotel is the powdered eggs. They're just not the same. Not much of a selection (danishes, hard boiled eggs, fruit which were a bit too ripe, cereal, juice, yogurt). The front lobby area was very busy. The breakfast area is right in front of the front desk where guests checked in and out.

My main concern about this hotel was its location. My husband and I checked in around 9:00 p.m. on a Thursday evening and the location didn't look too safe. Definitely not downtown Atlanta with stores and businesses. The parking lot had a fence all around it. We were actually afraid our car might not be there the next morning.

We did not come in for any sports event. Just needed a cheap hotel before heading into downtown. Not sure if I would come back only because of the location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bluejello

Bluejello,

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked this hotel with hotwire for a trip that my family and I were taking to Atlanta for a downtown convention that we attend every year. I'm usually so pleased with my hotwire finds so I gambled a little and I wasn't really happy with this one. The rate that I got wasn't much less than the rack rate at the hotel and it wasn't till the second day that I figured out why. There was a braves game and this place was packed and the roads were crazy. I watched a super fireworks display over the stadium from the window in the hotel. The STAFF WAS VERY NICE and the continental breakfast was perfect for my family and the parking was free in ATL! The rooms were old but clean, the bed was comfortable. The shower head was mildewed, the water pressure was bad, and the ice machine on our floor didn't work. One of the elevators made me a little nervous because the doors opened before it was level with the floor. This hotel reminded me of the hotels I stayed at as a kid with my family, which isn't bad-just old. I would stay here again if I were a baseball fan, but I'm not.

Room Tip: some of the rooms face the stadium so you can watch the fireworks display if they have one
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Saidmann,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our family of 13 ( all ages) went to the Atlanta Braves game and stayed at the Comfort Inn downtown South at Turner Field. A bargain if you are staying the night because you park at hotel and walk the short block to the back door of the stadium. Hotel was on the older side but was clean and beds comfortable. Was not looking for a resort expereience. Ma Page

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

513bpage513,

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here recently as I wanted to see Chipper before he retires. He played great BTW. Hotel is convenient to Turner Field, which is great. Ample parking, has a pool. Check in was easy, staff was nice. Ceilings are a little thin-could hear people walking but didn't impact my sleep. Hotel is close to the interstate and our room was close so we did hear traffic. If you stay here, get a room that sits a little further back from the interstate. Breakfast wasn't that great, but my main concern was location and I only stayed one night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

proftravlr,

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Perfect for Braves games, and WAY better than the hotel next door. As clean as an older hotel can be, and the front desk staff is helpful and nice, with a sense of humor. When I go to Braves games, this is always the hotel I pick - free parking, good rates, free internet, free breakfast ... perfect for a brief stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mouofjt

mouofjt,

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Excellent location for going to the Braves game. The rooms were what you would expect for an older hotel. Nothing bad, just not new. Could use an upgrade, but everything was clean. Was only looking for a place to stay overnight and this fit the bill perfect for us. Like some of the other reviews stated, its just across from the stadium and a good value for spending the night after the game. Parking is included with the room, so you save $10-$15 right there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends