“Best place to stay for Atlanta Braves baseball games”

Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South
Ranked #133 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We've stayed here every year for the past 7 years. It's right across the street from the southwest entrance to Turner Field so we don't have to deal with parking and traffic. The entire staff (front desk, housekeeping & maintenance) is friendly, professional and very accommodating. The room was very comfortable and quiet. The breakfast area was being renovated and was very inviting with a good selection of breakfast items. The pool was especially nice on the hot August days. I recommend this Comfort Inn to everyone at the Braves Spring Training games so they can go see the team play at Turner Field. The closeness to the park and the friendly staff make it very appealing to the Florida retirees.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn M
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

Lynn M,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our services, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future and we'll look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Atlanta.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

A Pre-note was sent to my checking account, because I was using a debit account, for an amount HIGHER than the actual charge. I was NOT advised they would be holding funds in my account for 5-7 days, UNTIL I called and inquired about the charge. I had cash and would have used that, had I know they would unnecessarily put a hold on my account!!!!!!

The room was ok.... bed, tub, toilet......which is what I needed, just nothing "above and beyond"!! I don't plan on being back!!

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

larry w,

I'm sorry to read about this unfortunate incident at our hotel. It is a business standard practice for all hotels to hold a certain amount of funds on hold in order to cover any incidentals during your stay. I will work to ensure all guests are make explicitly aware that those funds will be held in the future. Safe travels,

Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I had to make a quick trip to Atlanta to attend a funeral so we drove up from Jacksonville. Room was very clean and quiet. We were on the 6th floor. Everyone at the front desk was extremely pleasant and no long wait to check-in.

Very good breakfast included in the price with a lot of hot items served including making your own waffles and they had scrambled eggs too. Hotel is very close to downtown and includes free parking. My son and family stayed downtown but had to pay $23. per night to park the car. A rip-off as far as I am concerned.

Because of the stress of the funeral we forgot a garment bag in the closet. (First time ever we have forgotten anything). Called the manager when we got home and she was extremely helpful in packing up the items so I could have FedEx come the next day with a pre-paid label to pick up the package and deliver it to me.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stockman41

stockman41,

Reviewed January 15, 2012

My business associates and I really enjoyed our stay. The staff was so friendly and patient, even before we arrived. They also gave us good info about restaurant close by and took care of the cab service. The rooms were nice and cleaned well every day.
The breakfast area was cheerful and the food was good.
Everybody made a special effort to make sure we were well taken care of. I certainly will recommend the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Karla P,

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Ms. Marshelle was super accomodating to me and my friends at our recent trip to Atlanta. The hotel itself is clean and the staff was attentive and nice they did not hesitate to help us at getting us a cab or directions to where we were going. The breakfast was right on point! I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Yizel M,

Reviewed January 9, 2012

The Customer Service was great and so was the continental breakfast. Had a great stay at the hotel. Thank you

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Vernon G,

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We had 550 college students staying in this hotel for a conference. The staff were so helpful, the rooms were clean, and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: We were meeting downtown and it was very easy to catch the Marta and miss all the downtown traffic a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business