“Family on the Road”

Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South
Ranked #140 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 12, 2011

From check-in with Lisa to check-out with Greta this was a great hotel experience we have had as a frequent business travelers to Atlanta. We wound up there because the hotels where we normally stay were not available. We were pleasantly surprised. Next time in Atlanta we will stay here, for sure.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

Ray W,

Thank you for your review. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our services, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

i have stayed at the comfort inn many times while going to the ball games in atlanta, At first I wasnt sure about the neighborhood but i found it safe and had no problrms. The hotel is within walking distance to turner field and the rooms were nice and clean. employees very friendly, I always make it a point to eat at the bull pen while i am there too. It is such a friendly atmosphere. and the food is wonderful. it is also within walking distance of the hotel. As we all know driving in atlanta is NO fun, It was so nice to stop and check in the hotel and have all of the convenience right at my fingertips...Cant ask for more than that! I will always go back,

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Catherine091960,

Reviewed September 30, 2011

The elevators don't work correctly, and the hallways to the rooms smell horrible. Our room was so filthy I wore only long pants and socks to bed (to avoid touching the sheets to my skin) and would not walk on the carpet or bathroom floor barefoot. The comforter was very stained, and the sheets were covered with bloodstains. The tub did not drain properly, and everything in the bathroom was covered with mildew/mold. The area is not great (looks like a tough neighborhood), and I was afraid to leave my car parked in the lot. The worst part is, this is NOT even the closest hotel to Turner Field. I seriously thought about checking out after one night (even though I had a pre-paid reservation that would not be refunded) to move to the Country Inn and Suites right next door. Based on the lobby and the location closer to the field and the fact that it was only $2 more per night, I would recommend staying there for baseball fans. Do NOT stay here!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank DMH15

DMH15,

Reviewed September 24, 2011

My son and I were running late to meet a friend for lunch that plays for the Colorado Rockies so we checked in, dropped our bags and left until about 6:00 right before the game. When we got back to the room at 6:00 to settle in and go to the game we noticed the room was filthy. There was stuff splattered all over the walls, the bathtub was dirty, the sink was dirty, the floors in the bedroom was nasty and the bathroom floor had what looked to be pubic hairs on the floor.
I went to the front desk and asked for a room change and she said they were full. I asked for a refund since we had not even unpacked our bags and she said she would call the manager. The manager said they would not refund our money because our bags had been placed in our room for more than 2 hours.
We left and went and stayed at The Omni downtown for almost the same rate and for a first call hotel experience.

The convenience of the location is not worth the filth at this hotel. Stay somewhere a little farther away and take a $5-$10 cab to the game. Trust me, this place is DISGUSTING!

Room Tip: Nastiest hotel I've ever "ALMOST" stayed in!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BF7

BF7,

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Hotel is very clean with friendly staff. Right across the street from Turner Field. Will be bak again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

labonte18,

Reviewed June 1, 2011

My husband and I were in town forthe weekend, and we needed a comfortable hotel with great value. Comfort Inn Downtown South definitely fit the bill. The rooms, including bathrooms, were very clean and well kept. I'm very particular atbout the cleanliness of where I sleep, and this Comfort Inn exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly, They really showered us with Southern hospitality. They did prompt wake-up calls. They helped us find delicious local eateries, and gave us helpful information about local nightlife and tourist attractions. We had a blast! On top of it all, the staff took the time to learn our names, and by the time we left, we felt like we were all old friends. We always had plenty of parking. Overall, it was a great hotel, and a great trip.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ty1116

ty1116,

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Let me start off by saying the best thing about this hotel is the location to get to Turner field. We did not feel unsafe walking to the game or coming home, but it was daylight. Now the bad. They rent the parking spots out for the game so BEWARE if you are away from the hotel when they are allowing people to pay to park, you may not have a place to park. When we came back from supper there was 2 parking spots left, had we been 30 minutes later there would have been none.
I left a $10.00 tip for the maid staff and a note asking for our sheets to be changed. The reason...there were rust marks on the sheets, stains all over the sheets, they were gross.
She changed the sheets, emptied the trash but did not clean out the tub, sweep or mop the bathroom floor or vacuum.
The tub was backed up and took 30 min. to drain, head of housekeeping came up that night to put drano in the tub and clean it for us.
The food area is not kept clean as people are eating. The trash can was overflowing on the counter and on the floor. There was water all over the counter tops. The wallpaper in the dining area is coming off the walls. The rooms have a odor and are very tired looking.
I have never posted a bad review on a hotel before but this hotel was horrible. There are hotels near the ballpark I suggest you use one of them.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family