“great value - great stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center
Ranked #130 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Evansville, Indiana
“great value - great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

Met with twenty family members for a weekend get-together and a visit to the Georgia Aquarium. We were pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel was for the price. The rooms were not available for early check-in, and the young lady at the counter was somewhat less than helpful. But the rooms were very comfortable and clean when we returned in the afternoon. Some had little refridgerators and microwaves, and there was a very handy guest laundry. If you are traveling with children, that makes a world of difference. The pool was in need of some attention, but the children didn't notice while they all went for a swim. Breakfast was a nice continental fare, and met all our needs. The counter was staffed the next day by an outstanding young man named Alex. He took the time to help guests and to pay attention to their needs. And he managed to help multiple guests at the same time with the utmost professionalism.
Definitely would recomment the hotel (and especially the Georgia Aquarium).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Owings Mills, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

We checked in at 3pm on Thursday, dropped our luggage in the room and left for a conference. When we got back at 10pm that night, our cards wouldn't work in the door lock. When I went down to ask at the desk, the lady was extremely rude and told me I was supposed to be checked out already (I had just checked in that day!!!). She didn't want to believe me until I handed her my drivers license and told her to look up my name among all the guests. Apparently the woman that checked me in listed me in one room and gave me the cards for another. The rude woman never apologized, just said: "it's no big deal". It sure was a big deal for me.
Then we woke up the morning we were (really) suppose to check out and went down for the lousy breakfast they serve. We came back to the room to collect our luggage and go to check out, but they had already locked us out of the room!!!!
The room was also had these "pincher" bugs and some ants.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Jackson, WY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

My 2-night stay here met all of my needs. The renovated rooms are small, but the bathroom is normal-sized. I liked the window seat area and the great lighting. My room had a refrig/microwave and a coffeemaker (but I don't like Maxwell). My room's TV was small and above the wardrobe, but I wasn't there to watch TV. Inside the wardrobe was a safe, which I didn't use and wasn't charged for. The desk was small, but adequate. The ice machine on the next floor worked (important in June!) In my dark, quiet room, I slept well. When I asked about a business center, the desk clerk gave me a key. The computer worked fine, and I never saw anyone else in the business center. Breakfast was minimal: all I ate were the HB eggs, apple, and coffee. My request for a late check-out was cheerfully met. I didn't make it to the fitness room.The hotel's location in Dunwoody is safe, near Northside Hospital, St. Joseph's Hospital, REI, Costco, Sweet Tomatoes, etc. Parking is free, but a transportation alternative are the nearby MARTA stations which can speed you all over Atlanta, including the airport. (Microtel's shuttle will probably drive you to a MARTA station.) My total bill for 2 nights, including tax, was $98.48 - a bargain.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Worldwide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

Apparently were I went for training in atlanta is in a corporate building area so there was not too much to do in the immediate area. But the shuttle driver did take me to the mall and restaurants as needed which was great. The hotel looks like it just went in renovtions, ex. new carpet, flat screen t.v. etc. I was not expecting to see all that at a Microtel.
Pros: free breakfast,parking, all calls and internet.
Cons: the dunwoody area sucks, all the entertainment is downtown. (just a heads up)

Overall I enjoyed my stay and the staff is really friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2009

I was traveling on business and wanted to stay within my budget so thats how i found Microtel. It was decent, I did not experience any of the issues like the other reviews. It looked renovated and updated so thats a plus. I will be back to the Microtel again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

Hello. I won't waste your time by telling you my sad experience
at Microtel Inn. I will say in summary that all guests and
potential guests should be VERY CAREFUL to watch for hidden fees
and punitive charges during your stay at Microtel up to and
including your selection of a parking space and any conversations
you might hold with front desk personnel.

There are many inexpensive hotels with fine service, courteous
personnel, and honest billing. Avoid Microtel if you can.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank brassvalentine1
QualityAssurance4U, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
This is the General Manager of the Microtel Inn & Suites and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you incurred during your stay. If you don’t mind I would like to speak with you regarding any additional charges that may have been on your bill due to the fact that our Microtel has free local and & long distance phone calls, wireless internet, parking and continental breakfast. I would love for you to stay at our property again so we can wow you and provide the service that you deserve. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!
Nashville,TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

We had stayed at the Microtel in Statesville,NC in June 2008 and it was fantastic! The rooms were clean and the queen pillowtop mattresses were heavenly after sharing semi-comfortable double beds in Virginia Beach.(we're a family of 4)
We booked this Microtel expecting the same when we visited the Georgia Aquarium.We called the motel directly and asked specifically if they had pillowtop mattresses.We were told "yes",so we went ahead and booked on their website at a rate $25 more than in NC. After working all day and driving 4 hours we were terribly disappointed to find this location does not have pillowtop mattresses! Not only that, but there were no bedspreads on the beds. We called the front desk and were told all the beds were like that. It was 10 pm and we didn't want to drive around Atlanta looking for a room. We asked about getting a discount because we were misled about the beds and were told on Saturday night that the manager would have to decide when he got back on Monday!We also found hairs in the tub before any of us used it. The TV was on top of the armoire like in a hospital and we couldn't hook up our Wii system to it.They had Nintendo64 games available to rent at $6.95/hour.HA!
On the upside, we didn't find any bugs and the air conditioning worked well.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — misled about the beds
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline
Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#110 of 173 in Atlanta
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Medical
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!