“Not Quite What We Expected”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center
Ranked #127 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Columbia
“Not Quite What We Expected”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

NOT one of the best hotels in the area. This location has 4 hotels within a close perimeter (like side by side). We just wanted a place to stay near downtown ATL to watch the Peach drop for New Years. Anyways here's the scoop:

Location: Always a great location, near a lot of restaurants, interstate, malls, and shopping areas.

Price: reasonable

The Staff: did not seem happy at all. was not greeted upon entering the hotel. Basically the first attendant just asked us for our names. Did not smile, did not welcome us to the hotel, and did not event tell us about the room we were staying in. Just handed us the keys and told us the check out times. When we checked out, met another staff same predicament no greeting, just held out his hand for the hotel keys. He had a lip ring (which I think is unprofessional to have facial jewelry at work). We he answered the phone he just stated "front desk" not even the hotel name. We he handed us our receipt that was it, no "have a great day/ How was your stay?/ or come again".

The Room: the hall to the hotel had a musky, damp odor. The room was small and not what I expected. Just the basics: old box tv, small desk, microwave, bed, and bathroom. The bathroom was disgusting. The tub had hair in it and the floor of the tub was stained and still looked wet. Needless to say no shower was taken in there. The bed was adequate. Obviously no one takes time to fluff out pillows because they were balled up inside of the pillowcases.

The offered breakfast bar but we decided not to go.

OVerall, will not be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Maywood, Illinois
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed for one night.

The rates were reasonable.

We had a nice room. Had a fridge and microwave . The bed was very comfortable.

Tomato Restaurant,(buffet style) was walking distance.
We ate at Chin Chin (Chinese restaurant) about 1/2 mile away in a mall. There was a Publix store in the mall for groceries and a few other restaurants.

We found the clerk lacking people skills. She was more concern with her reading.
I did not feel welcomed, but other than that the room was fine.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This hotel/inn was peaceful. The set up was great: mini living room area and then the bed, with a small fridge and microwave. The staff was pleasant. I have not gripes, complaints whatsoever. It's by a nice strip mall with a grocery store and a few eateries and the mall is just around the corner. I definitley would stay here again.

Room Tip: They don't offer a complimentary breakfast...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed in this hotel 3 times during 3 consecutive weeks, for a total of 9 days. Clean, but the housekeeping is not the best. They frequently forget to replenish coffee, towels, and amenities and often fail to even bother rinsing out a used coffee pot. The front desk staff are friendly. Unfortunately, on my last night in the hotel, I was eaten alive by bed bugs -- my neck, arms, and back were covered in those tell-tale, itchy red welts in linear patterns. In my other visits, I stayed on the 3rd and 4th floors; this occurred on the 2nd floor. Management wasn't the least bit sympathetic. Needless to say, I will not stay here ever again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, stay off the second floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Chas H
QualityAssurance4U, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
This is the General Manager of the Microtel Inn & Suites and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you incurred during your stay. If you don’t mind I would like to speak with you regarding your last stay with us. I would love for you to stay at our property again so we can wow you and provide the service that you deserve. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed September 1, 2011

As I entered the door, I could feel the warmth coming through the lobby. The hotel rep. Sophia was a comfort in my time of need. I am grateful for her excellent customer service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Queens Village, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed at the Microtel for 4 weeks on business and the manager was generous enough to give me a long term discount. During the stay the staff made freshly baked chocolate chip cookies Every night. They were great! The pool was nice, the staff and the manager made me feel at home. I would definitly recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I got a really good deal at this hotel and had a coupon. I made my decision based entirely on the fact that the pool got sun late in the day since I was in a class during the day. The location is close to the mall, restaurants, train, and a major business campus (King and Queen Buildings). It is lower end, but really has everything you need for a solo business traveler. The room was tiny, but that's what Microtel means. It was fine for me. It would have been way too small if my husband had come with me (like a cruise ship cabin). They do have suites, I just didn't need one. Has a microwave and fridge and free continental breakfast. The lighting was really bad for reading, studying, etc. I would say it was like a hospital room, but It also has a full wall of mirrors! The TV kind of teeters on top of the wardrobe and there is a window seat area. The AC was good, and there was iron, ironing board, and a hairdryer. The bed was really comfortable as are the pillows. The "business center" computer was very slow and the thermostat was broken in that room so it was hot. Workout room ok. It is a non-smoking hotel, but you can smoke outside. The pool had algae the first couple of days (but it was August in Georgia), then they cleaned it. Front desk was always nice and let me have a late checkout, so I could take my test and then come back and get my stuff out of the room. I felt it was perfect for my purposes and I was able to spend time at the pool in the afternoon. It is in a safe area with good restaurants nearby. I was comfortable walking in the area. Overall, it was really a value.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Mexilady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline
Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#110 of 172 in Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Medical
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!