“A Very Warm Welcome and a Place of Comfort”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center
Ranked #134 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 1, 2011

As I entered the door, I could feel the warmth coming through the lobby. The hotel rep. Sophia was a comfort in my time of need. I am grateful for her excellent customer service.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed at the Microtel for 4 weeks on business and the manager was generous enough to give me a long term discount. During the stay the staff made freshly baked chocolate chip cookies Every night. They were great! The pool was nice, the staff and the manager made me feel at home. I would definitly recommend this property.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I got a really good deal at this hotel and had a coupon. I made my decision based entirely on the fact that the pool got sun late in the day since I was in a class during the day. The location is close to the mall, restaurants, train, and a major business campus (King and Queen Buildings). It is lower end, but really has everything you need for a solo business traveler. The room was tiny, but that's what Microtel means. It was fine for me. It would have been way too small if my husband had come with me (like a cruise ship cabin). They do have suites, I just didn't need one. Has a microwave and fridge and free continental breakfast. The lighting was really bad for reading, studying, etc. I would say it was like a hospital room, but It also has a full wall of mirrors! The TV kind of teeters on top of the wardrobe and there is a window seat area. The AC was good, and there was iron, ironing board, and a hairdryer. The bed was really comfortable as are the pillows. The "business center" computer was very slow and the thermostat was broken in that room so it was hot. Workout room ok. It is a non-smoking hotel, but you can smoke outside. The pool had algae the first couple of days (but it was August in Georgia), then they cleaned it. Front desk was always nice and let me have a late checkout, so I could take my test and then come back and get my stuff out of the room. I felt it was perfect for my purposes and I was able to spend time at the pool in the afternoon. It is in a safe area with good restaurants nearby. I was comfortable walking in the area. Overall, it was really a value.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Mexilady
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Was very pleased with this hotel, Continental breakfast vas good and the pool was very nice. Location was great, just a few minutes from all the shopping and may great eateries. Will be back to this one again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for four weeks during a relocation for a job. The hotel staff was extremely professional and friendly. The hotel itself is not luxurious or brand-new; however, it is clean, well maintained, and great for the business or leisure traveler. My room had a small refrigerator and kitchenette area with a sink and microwave. I was able to prepare simple meals and reheat leftovers. The king bed was comfortable and the furniture and bathroom were nice also. I had two televisions in my room and a couch. I have read some reviews about this property that are negative but you have to realize that this hotel is less than half the price of similar "suite" and "extended stay" properties in the same area. It is true that the breakfast is very basic but you can get some cereal, coffee, yogurt, bagel, or muffin and be on your way. Use the $$ you save on the room to eat a nice breakfast in a restaurant if that is important.

I highly recommend this hotel. I enjoyed my stay and it was very relaxing and allowed me to focus on my new job.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. It is a much bigger room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Biztraveler30000
Reviewed June 11, 2011

This is a budget hotel. You get what you pay for. It is ok overall, liked that they had a mini fridge and microwaves in the room. The room itself was average size and clean enough I guess. They had one of those small coffee makers in the room but no coffee for some reason.

The front desk staff were not very happy but got us checked in.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I booked this Microtel for a spring break mini-vacation to Atlanta with my husband and 2 kids ages 8 and 11. I chose this hotel because we wanted to be in the Perimeter Mall area, we had had good experiences with Microtels before, and we didn't want to spend a lot on lodging with lots of amenities since we didn't plan to spend all that much time in the hotel. We are generally not fussy travelers and not too hard to please, but the best adjective I could use for this particular Microtel is "okay." I would not stay here again if we make another trip to Atlanta. Here are the pros and cons from my viewpoint:

Pros - the room had microwave, fridge, and coffee maker which were all handy, the kids always like the window seat, the double room has two QUEEN beds instead of full-sized which was important to us since we are all tall, there is a no pets policy which is also an important criteria for us, and the price was great with total bill (including tax) of $207 for 3 nights. However, you do get what you pay for....

Cons - in a nutshell, the place is run down and not very well managed. When we arrived we were assigned room 412 which turned out to be right next to the elevator. Being a light sleeper, I went to ask if we could move to another room before we unpacked all our stuff. I actually ran into the harried front desk clerk in the elevator - she was looking for the housekeeper by going floor to floor. She said a housekeeper had called in sick that day, they were short double rooms, she was frantically looking for the housekeeper who WAS there, and she couldn't move us that night due to shortage of clean rooms. Um... not a great sign. We never did get moved (didn't ask about it again) since the elevator didn't end up bothering me (thank you, ambien). Although there is a no smoking policy hotel wide and we were reminded of that upon check-in, the hallway on the 4th floor reeked of smoke. Thankfully our room did not, so we just held our breath while we dashed from the elevator to our room 5 feet away , while trying not to trip over the loose carpet in between. Our room (and probably all the non-suite rooms) was small and not laid out that well. For a one night stay where you don't have that much luggage it would probably be okay. For 3 days (and 4 people) we had quite a bit of luggage and it was crowded. The window seat helped a bit with that. There is also never enough counter space in a microtel bathroom, as I reminded myself once we arrived. I thought the room seemed grungy. If I had a baby or toddler wanting to be on the floor I would NOT have been happy and actually may have just left. As it was, I had to keep telling my kids to stay off the floor since it just seemed, well, grungy. The bathroom also had somewhat of an ick factor. My husband hated the TV - he is spoiled with an HD flatscreen at home now, what can I say. Microtels just have that overhead flourescent lighting right at the head of the beds, and I did miss having a lamp or two we could turn on at night. The lights were pretty much full on or full off which is a pain when you want to start winding the kids down but aren't ready to go to bed yourself. The breakfast was your typical continental. No hot items although when I called ahead they told me there were biscuits and sausage. Turns out they were the prepackaged frozen/thawed kind - yuck. We just had cereal, bagels, yogurt, that kind of stuff which sufficed although we were all hungry again well before lunch. There is not enough seating in the hotel eating area. We were fortunate that the hotel was not very crowded while we were there, so we were able to sit, but during peak times you'd really just have to carry food back to your room.

There was a really nice looking La Quinta Inn and Suites right across the way from the Microtel and I had considered it while looking since the price was only about $20 more/night. The thing that turned me off to the La Quinta was that they allow pets and after seeing a traveler pic of somebody's two huge dogs laying on the hotel bed I crossed it off my list! We have pets at home, but I don't want to sleep in the same bed as someone else's pets! Sorry, that's just us. But in the end a doggy bed at La Quinta may well have been cleaner than what we had at the Microtel!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline
Comfort Inn Sandy Springs
#108 of 172 in Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!