1,969 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 8, 2018

When we checked in Alexis told there is an $18 charge for parking. For what? The gates were open the entire time, the back doors to the hotel were not secured and there wasn't a person manned at the little booth to make sure the cars parking there were for the hotel. I wasn't told beforehand about this $18 fee, but I did read it in small print when I got home. I would have liked to compliment the Ms. somethingorother who cleaned our room the first night, but I have misplaced the card with her name. At any rate, there is a sign for an ice maker on the 9th floor which is where we stayed, and when we looked, there wasn't an ice maker. I had to go downstairs and ask the security guard who told me the ice maker was on the 10th floor. Really? You should take down the sign on the 9th floor. Also, there's no AC in the elevators and after a full day of walking around, that was horrible. The room was spacious, I'll give it that. The internet was a wee bit slower than what I expected. There was low sink water pressure in the bathroom and the tub took an hour or so to drain. I would have expected more from what I paid for my stay, but it is what it is.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 7, 2018

room was half covered in water, as the air conditioner was leaking into the room.... upon letting staff know there was no offer to have us change rooms... they just jotted a note down and nothing else ever happened... elivators were dirty, bathroom had mold, we never got new towels.. and are cups afrer use were taken and we never got new ones. along with a hair tie being found in the bed.... the list goes on and on... worst stay ever!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 6, 2018

We stayed here during DragonCon, so the rooms were very, very expensive. The pros - most of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, including the gift shop staff where we purchased some snacks and SD camera cards. The view was quite nice from our room, and the A/C and Wi-Fi were good and reliable. It was definitely more affordable than staying downtown during DragonCon. The Cons: The hotel is old, unfortunately it was also not very clean. When we walked into our room, the bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time (hair and dust everywhere) and the coffee maker still had leftover coffee filters from the previous guest.There were no fridges in the room, and buffet breakfast is $11/person, so we purchased our own cooler to make breakfasts ourselves. Most of the vending machines were out of order. The towels were not replaced daily, which wasn't a big deal, except that there weren't places enough to let them dry during the day. We got nachos from the bar our first night - it was the style you would get at a 7-Eleven at about 3x the price. We ordered in pizza our last night, the phone in our room didn't work, so the pizza got sent back to the restaurant, when we informed the front staff that the telephone in our room didn't work, she just shrugged. There was a complimentary shuttle which was suppose to come every 30 mins, we ended up waiting over an hour for the shuttle, and decided to walk to the train station (15 mins) as the shuttle never came. Tuesday, we had asked the front desk about taking the shuttle to the train station that day, after waiting half an hour for the shuttle, we asked the front desk where the shuttle was, and they informed us it wasn't running that day.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2018

The good things first. The shuttle driver Kevin was very nice and polite. Also, the AC in the room worked better than most places I have stayed.

Now the rest of the bad experience. At check in, there were 2 ladies working the front desk. J and L. L was busy talking with another employee (I assume because when she finally walked away she walked to the security guard and starting talking to her) while J was trying to help someone get checked in. As the line formed behind me, L and the woman just kept chatting and ignoring everything. A woman, I assume a supervisor, came up and pulled someone out of line behind me and took her to J and told J to check her in. So J stopped doing who she was working with and L continue to just chat with a co-worker while I was getting very annoyed. Finally was motioned over to L to get checked in after waiting a while. I expressed displeasure with having to wait while there was idle chit chat (I could hear them) and while someone behind me was waived to the clerk who was working and L's response was "oh". Then I was told the parking was $18. The website said $10. She then said it could be just $12 since i was a World of Hyatt member. I was still unhappy but she was rude and I was ready to just get to the room. So we got our 2 Queen bed, non-smoking room. I asked about the shuttle but it had already stopped since it was about 7:00 PM. I thought it ran until 10:30 and she said "no, only on weekends".

We got to the room and it smelled like someone had been chainsmoking in it. It was awful! So we went back to the front desk and this time spoke with J. She was nice and apologized and assigned us another room and waived the parking charges entirely. That was nice. But we got to the new room (516) and the lights were broken or burnt out (one bulb was missing entirely) and the lampshade was hanging from part of the post rather than around the bulb. Sent my son to the front desk since I was sick of them and rather than get another room, they just said they would send engineering up to look at it later. We left to go to dinner and when we got back, the lights were working but still.

The next morning I realized we did not have a Do Not Disturb sign and we only had 2 towels so I knew we would need more since we did not want the maids coming in the room messing with our stuff. I stopped at the front desk and asked them to please tell housekeeping to skip our room and to leave a sign and 4 towels. She wrote it down and assured me it would be done. Of course it was not and when we got back, housekeeping had cleaned the room, left no extra towels and left no sign. The next morning, I told her again and again asked for 4 towels and a do not disturb sign. They left the sign and 2 towels.

The shuttle had stopped running Friday when we called at 10. We had a number we were supposed to use to call for the shuttle but every time we called we got a recording that no one was answering and the mailbox was full. We would call the hotel and they would try to direct it to the shuttle which was back to the message. As I said though, one of the shuttle drivers (Kevin) was very nice and did us good but if he was not on duty, that was a disaster too.

There is ice on every other floor. If you have an odd number floor, you will have to go up or down to get ice and frequently the ice machines were empty or out of order. This is an old hotel with crummy placement of outlets. Combined with the awful and rude staff, the wild changes from what is written and advertised and I can assure you I will never darken their door again.

Often management will "respond" to comments but please keep in mind there is no way for the refute any misinformation they may post. I am sure they will claim this is a unique situation (look at the other bad reviews like I wish I had and see if it sounds unique). Although the location is pretty good, the other factors weigh strongly against it. My advice is to find somewhere else.

Room Tip: Even floors have ice machines. VERY slow elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

I was here for Dragon Con. Stayed here last year. It was over priced then and overpriced now. Except last year I didn’t feel like I needed a tetanus shot to take a shower. This room was filthy. Mold in the shower. Leaking faucet. Dust and hair balls on the floor. Dirty carpet. I had to call EVERY DAY for towels. They didn’t even bother to clean the room Sunday. They jacked up the prices for the convention attendees and gave us the WORST rooms. Customer service is a joke. They never answered the phones and when they did no one ever knew the answer to the question. The shuttle bus dropped off but never answered when we needed picked up. I will never stay in this hotel again. Wyndham should be ashamed of themselves for letting it get this bad. They see a lot of business from conventions and ball games. You’d think with the money they charge you could get some decent service. Oh and not to forget the “security” door and gate we’re both broken so anyone could come in.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends