Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
$460
$417
Cancelon
1,866 results
All reviewsfree shuttleclose to downtownwithin milesmile radiusenjoyed my stay
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend and it was great! When you stay at a hotel so close to a stadium...you never know what you're going to get! But I was pleasantly surprised. I had a few questions with my reservations and Donald was more than helpful and friendly. The rooms were large and very clean. We made the short walk to Turner field and back that night after the game and never felt unsafe. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Erica H, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Every Guest is a valued guest, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay. Thank you for mentioning that one of our team members (Donald) was very helpful and friendly. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests and we are glad you noticed and mentioned his efforts. We are delighted that you found your room to be large and clean. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time, and we make every effort to make sure that or guests are taken care of. Again, thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Capital Park because we purchased a Travelzoo coupon and it was hard to pass on the savings. There was a basketball tournament in town so most hotels were full and much more expensive. The free hotel shuttle made it very convenient to go downtown to the Georgia Aquarium and Coca-Cola museum because parking was very expensive. Getting back to the hotel using the shuttle was not as reliable, just count on it taking a while to pick you up once you call the shuttle driver. The hotel needs some updating but the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is located across the road from Turner Field. The area near Turner Field is a little sketchy and would not recommend venturing out too much at night. We were warned by locals to not go to the Underground Atlanta area after dark due to all of the crime.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ned P
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hello Ned P, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I do apologize for your long wait for the shuttle, but traffic can be hectic in the Atlanta area. Our property is a little dated, but we are in the process of renovating next month and hope you will return to see our finished product. I will definitely pass on your kind comments about our staff being pleasant and helpful. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I came here with a group of students for a Robot Competition. Hotel had some parking for buses which is nice unless there are several buses that need to park at once which can get tight.
The room was not bad. Lighting is marginal at best. Needed to have a lamp by the table which takes place of a desk in the 2 Queen bed room that I was in. Wifi was good.
There is a courtesy van that will run you CNN center area and a few other areas which is very handy if you don't feel like battling Atlanta's traffic.
Hopefully this hotel will get some remodeling done to it. It has it's advantages. Glad they have a bar and restaurant on the premises since there are none to walk to.
Lisa at the front desk was very nice about letting me check in early and letting me do a late check out.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank penguinlimo
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hello penguinlimo, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind words that you mention about Lisa, our Front Desk Agent. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests and we are glad you noticed and mentioned her efforts. We will start renovations next month on our guestrooms, and hope you will come back to stay with us once our renovations are complete.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Nice, clean, easy to get to, shuttle service for drop-off especially was AMAZING. Pickup was spotty but understandable due to how it works. Just make sure to call BEFORE your actually leaving. Staff was VERY nice, and it was very pleasant all around.

The bad would be... furniture that felt cheap / old (The bed was in great shape though and nothing was horrible.. but the drawers did line up right), and the shower / faucet leaked a SMALL bit... also some issues getting new clean towels after maid service was done (this was minor and got corrected in 15 mins). I was really let down for not even being allowed to sit out at the pool (pool was closed, even though it was 74 outside) to have a cigar or just be outside. It was a shame, cause everything else was fair good.

The -1... is... for lack of ANY real closet. It has the Motel 6 style cut-out which I HATE. I like having a place to unpack in to and feel at home. Little Cut out nooks with wire in it... is not the same. Otherwise... yes this place is worth staying.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear hyperx69, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the shower and faucet conditions that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented. We are in the process of renovating next month and hope you will give us another chance, the next time you are in the Atlanta area.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Capitol Park for my birthday on friday, March 14th. My stay was GREAT, the hotel staff was very friendly and didn't mind answering any question. I actually stayed the entire weekend and had nothing but great time. I would reccomend staying here again for anyone traveling. Actually I am booking this hotel for September. Thank you Hotel Capitol Park for all your service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear dautman, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit in September.