“Near Turner Field and State Capitol ”

Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
Ranked #145 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
north carolina
“Near Turner Field and State Capitol ”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I came here with a group of students for a Robot Competition. Hotel had some parking for buses which is nice unless there are several buses that need to park at once which can get tight.
The room was not bad. Lighting is marginal at best. Needed to have a lamp by the table which takes place of a desk in the 2 Queen bed room that I was in. Wifi was good.
There is a courtesy van that will run you CNN center area and a few other areas which is very handy if you don't feel like battling Atlanta's traffic.
Hopefully this hotel will get some remodeling done to it. It has it's advantages. Glad they have a bar and restaurant on the premises since there are none to walk to.
Lisa at the front desk was very nice about letting me check in early and letting me do a late check out.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank penguinlimo
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Hello penguinlimo, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind words that you mention about Lisa, our Front Desk Agent. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests and we are glad you noticed and mentioned her efforts. We will start renovations next month on our guestrooms, and hope you will come back to stay with us once our renovations are complete.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Nice, clean, easy to get to, shuttle service for drop-off especially was AMAZING. Pickup was spotty but understandable due to how it works. Just make sure to call BEFORE your actually leaving. Staff was VERY nice, and it was very pleasant all around.

The bad would be... furniture that felt cheap / old (The bed was in great shape though and nothing was horrible.. but the drawers did line up right), and the shower / faucet leaked a SMALL bit... also some issues getting new clean towels after maid service was done (this was minor and got corrected in 15 mins). I was really let down for not even being allowed to sit out at the pool (pool was closed, even though it was 74 outside) to have a cigar or just be outside. It was a shame, cause everything else was fair good.

The -1... is... for lack of ANY real closet. It has the Motel 6 style cut-out which I HATE. I like having a place to unpack in to and feel at home. Little Cut out nooks with wire in it... is not the same. Otherwise... yes this place is worth staying.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear hyperx69, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the shower and faucet conditions that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented. We are in the process of renovating next month and hope you will give us another chance, the next time you are in the Atlanta area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Capitol Park for my birthday on friday, March 14th. My stay was GREAT, the hotel staff was very friendly and didn't mind answering any question. I actually stayed the entire weekend and had nothing but great time. I would reccomend staying here again for anyone traveling. Actually I am booking this hotel for September. Thank you Hotel Capitol Park for all your service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear dautman, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit in September.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I liked the room, very clean, I loved the view from the 16th floor, the shuttle, the location, and food at the restaraunt was great. The only thing that I did not like about my entire experience at Capitol Park, was that me and my two girlfriends paid for this room and we only got two complimentary breakfasts, there should've been breakfast for all of us. I plan on going back..... overall I give the hotel a 9.5

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank nursesroc
Dear nursesroc, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay, at Hotel Capitol Park. We are very pleased you liked your room, and had such an awesome view from the 16th floor. I apologize about the breakfast and appreciate you letting us know about your concerns. Your comments will help us to understand the areas where we need to improve. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was actually my second visit to Hotel Capitol Park. My husband and I found ourselves without power during the winter storm and sought refuge at the Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta. We had an amazing dinner from the restaurant and breakfast was even more impressive. But this past weekend we had relatives visiting and decided to check out the Cafe 450. It was amazing, there was a live band and even a jazz musician. We were able to order dinner while we listen to great music as well as (my favorite) lots of dancing! They even had rooms put aside for those who couldnt drive home afterwards. We really enjoyed it and look forward to the next Cafe 450 experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear mScott06, thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased that you had an amazing dinner and an impressive breakfast, in our restaurant during the winter storm. I am glad that you had such a wonderful time this past weekend at Café 450, and that you enjoyed the live band and jazz musician. I will definitely pass on your kind comments to the staff, because it encourages our team members, to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I find it odd that there are several new reviews with 5 stars here within the past few days by people that have only written one review.

My first impression is the un-vacuumed floor behind the desk (pretty obvious). The second impression is from the parking lot which has trash strewn about and metal rails that are quite rusted. Right now I'm a little unhappy at Hotwire.com for calling this a 3 star hotel. Far from it.

The lobby looks very nice but once you get up near your room I noticed carpet that was so worn you can see the threading and multiple places in the hall walls that have been repaired and our door didn't close automatically. the doors have about 30 layers of paint, and all of the furnishings look like they should be in the Goodwill right now. The lamp I'm using right now is dated and obviously old while the tiny table I'm using has a bent leg and is scuffed and marked around the edges. I'm afraid it's going to fall apart so I've chosen to finish typing on my lap (that's why they call it a laptop I guess). While the bed sheets look clean I am having a difficult time with the stains in the carpet and a few dark stains on the sheets. The worst part is that the bathroom smells like stinky feet and there was a hair in the sink. Yuk. I didn't mention the food stains on the hotel directory book in my room. another yuk! I wanted to buy some Lysol but there is nothing around here!! I have to pay 18 bucks for parking but there is nothing around here to make a taxi worth it.

The beds look comfy and clean but I regret booking this hotel and if I had an opportunity to get my money back I would. Last time I stayed in a hotel of this caliber I paid about the same amount as the parking fee here. Even at the discount that I got on hotwire.com it is totally not worth it. I can't wait to get out of this and hope I don't get a foot fungus or some other communicable disease from the toilet seat.

1 Thank Johnny C
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Johnny C - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is instrumental in helping us make the neccessary changes needed to satisfy our guests. I apologise that the hotel disappointed you this time around. I do have excting news that i hope would encourage you to stay with us again. We are starting renovations in our guest rooms this Spring. If you would like to contact me directly the next time you are coming to Atlanta i would be happy to show you the positive changes made and get your feedback then.
I do note that hope that the great service provided by our staff here was a bright spot in your stay and I hope to do decide to visit us again.

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Hotel Capitol Park was my first impression of Atlanta (besides the traffic) and i must say it deserves two thumbs up. Upon arriving at the hotel I first thought not being in the middle of downtown would have been a negative being i planned to be right in the action but, it wasn't nearly as far from the action as i thought and the FREE shuttle took us to all the attractions on our plan. The staff was very friendly and i found myself smiling a lot just by way of being polite to all the staff smiling at me! Southern hospitality at it's best (coming from a true northerner). I've read some of the reviews and i must say they're in my opinion misleading or must have been a bad week due to my family and i staying for a week on spring break and had a great time. I'd definitely make this my Atlanta home, not to mention priced reasonably compared to other 3 star hotels in the area offering the same stuff. Oh and i can't forget the free laundry, worked well while traveling with children!

Room Tip: High floors have nice view of Braves stadium and 1996 Olympic Torch.