“Horrible customer service”

Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
Ranked #146 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel was horrid from check in. No valet, no help, horrible customer service, super attitudes. They tricked me in to staying later than normal. Lake was supposed to check me out. I called downstairs and asked for a late checkout. Upon coming downstairs I got charged 50 for a late check out. At no point did they tell me is be charged for a late check out. They are rip offs and the hotel is not worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Poochlucci
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Poochlucci, thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. I apologize for all the challenges you faced. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time. It appears that we may have fallen short during your stay. We hope you give us another chance to make things right on your next trip to the Atlanta Area.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Let me start by saying that the employees were friendly and helpful. The shuttle drivers, Mike and Deaderick, were awesome! They were so friendly, personable, and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed their conversation. If this was just a rating on employee helpfulness, I would have rated the hotel much better. The reason I gave this hotel a poor rating was because of cleanliness. The sheets had a few spots on them, but they did smell clean. The upholstered chair in the room had spots and stains all over it. The carpet had multiple stains and pulls. When we first arrived, they were out of wash clothes so we had to shower with hand towels. When we unfolded some of the hand towels that were given to us, they had make-up stains, dust bunnies, and hair in them. One or two of them were clean enough to use. The toilet and bathtub did, however, appear to be clean. The wallpaper in the bathrooms was peeling at the seams, which just gives a poor first impression when you walk in the bathroom. If this hotel was cleaner and had a few updates, it would have gotten a much higher rating from me.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hello LAS272014, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind words that you mention about our Van Drivers. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests and we are glad you noticed and mentioned their efforts. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

we planned a stay so we could participate in the Hot Chocolate 5K. When we returned from the race at 9:00 am our door was open, purses & electronics stolen and my brand new Expidition was stolen as well. UNBELIEVABLE!

When we went to the front desk they were completely unhelpful, would not make any effort to even look at the video (and for good reason as we later found out they haven't worked for months).

As you could expect management immediately shifted the blame to their 3rd party cleaning company Jani-King. Ultimately I could care less if they sub contract that out, it should be their responsibility to secure their hotel.

PLEASE, PLEASE beware of this Hotel. There is obviously inadequete security and the management acted in a typical fashion which is to pass the buck instead of stepping up and doing what is correct as we have to pursue this with the insurance company of the cleaning contractor. Somehow this is 100% my responsibility becuase they could care less about doing the right thing and helping out. So far, we figure we are out $4500 in goods and a brand new Expedition..

I could not be anymore disappointed. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

10  Thank bab4980
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was a great location for the hot chocolate race. Adam in the restaurant was great with me and other guests as well as their children. I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: get the breakfast buffet as opposed to ordering separate meals for breakfast. It will save money.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Erin J, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The room was comfortable. Hotel is just blocks from Turner Field. Overall a very good experience. Enjoyed the coffee and hot chocolate in the morning waiting in the lobby for the event. We had a pleasant time. Pat at the front desk was awesome!!! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Hello Vickie N, thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We booked a room for a Saturday night so we could attend a Race at Turner Field the next morning. I cannot say enough positive things about the location!
The reason I did not rate this hotel a 5 are for 2 pertinent facts.
1. Parking. I realize Atlanta has a shortage of parking spots, so without hesitation I paid the $17.95 parking fee at check in. However when we returned to the hotel that evening, THERE WERE NO PARKING SPOTS AVAILABLE. I called the front desk from the car and was advised that there was a party, and the issue should be resolved once they started clearing out. ????? We were fortunate that some party guests were leaving while I was on the call and we raced to claim the parking spot they left open.
2. Breakfast. 99.9% of hotels in the states offer some sort of amenity breakfast, I usually don't even check anymore to see if it is listed. It is not at Hotel Capitol Park. I did have the option to pay $2.50 for a banana, and the husband had an opportunity to pay $10 for eggs, toast, and grits. We declined. Take advantage of the free coffee in your room! Its the only thing that is free for breakfast at the hotel.

The staff was pleasant, the hotel was clean. Should we go back to Atlanta to race at Turner Field, I will probably stay there again, but bring my own breakfast fixins.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Kjdc1980, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always appreciate comments from our customers so that we can serve you better. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We attended a Casino themed party at the Capitol Park in downtown Atlanta. Held in the ballroom, several conference rooms, and the pool area; it was a party extraordinaire. The rooms were beautifully decorated, clean, comfortable, and conveniently located on the first floor to the spacious restrooms, lobby and parking. The roof-top pool with bar, cabana, and a close-up view of the Atlanta skyline was spectacular. The food was delicious and flavorful. Traditional hot and cold heavy appetizers but with some unique tastes. We had the best time and when we left, we couldn't stop talking about when we could go again. Maybe "CAPITOLize" on the great downtown location for a stay-vacation.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

CAC7647GA, thank you for the positive feedback. We are pleased to know you had a great time at one of our themed events, and found our location to be a great venue for special events. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.