“Pleasant Hotel”

Ranked #148 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Richmond, Virginia
“Pleasant Hotel”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I do a good bit of travelling and stayed at this hotel during the gift show convention. My experience was pleasant from start to finish. The staff was extremely helpful, the decor was modern and comfortable, and my room was one of the most comfortable I've ever stayed in. Will definitely stay here when in the Atlanta area again.
Jennifer

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hello Jennifer O. Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Woodstock, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We checked into the 1st room. Heater was not working. It was blowing cold air. Toilet flushed on its own, plumbing problems. We were told to wait while a technician came. We waited. We then asked for another room. 2nd room, bureau drawers broken. wonderful not view of lower roofing,discarded bed springs, etc. Not really very clean at all. Restaurant awful. Not many choices. On Friday night there was a wedding. Even on the 5th floor the sound of the pounding speakers vibrated up until the early hours of the night. Fire alarms went off continuesly and some did not even work .To far from downtown Atlanta with a cab fair that will cost at least $30.00. Find another place! On the plus side, the staff was very friendly!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ejc142
Hello EJC. Thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. I apologize for all the challenges you faced. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time. It appears that we may have fallen short during your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This use to be owned by Holiday Inn and they may want to take their name off the building. We were traveling to the AmericasMart and chose to stay at what we thought was a Holiday Inn. What a surprise we had! After a 6am flight and then a full day at the Mart, we were ready for dinner. We waited at the hotels restaurant to be seated for over 20 minutes and could clearly see empty tables. After being seated and given menus we saw other guests go behind the bar to get pitchers of water and glasses and pass them around. We made our dinner choices, 3 sales and a nacho plate. After waiting over TWO hours with numerous chats to anyone we could get to listen, we finally got our meal. I had the nachos that were terrible. Chips on a plate with what tasted like canned chili on top, a little cheese and lettuce. We would have gone elsewhere but there was nothing around the hotel. On our third day, our friends found a pair of socks in their room that didn't belong to either of them. The dirty towels were left in the hallway the next day. This is the first time I have ever had such a disappointing experience.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank patty44221
Rosaline B, Manager at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Patty44221 - Thank you for taking the time to give us feed back on your stay. I am sorry that the service you received was not not up to par - in your eyes or ours. We have identified some areas for training and communication to ensure that your experience does not get repeated. Please do contact me if you are ever traveling in the Atlanta area again. I cna be reached at 404.591.2000x2005. We would appreciate the opporunity to replace this disappointing experience and show you that we are indeed capabale of providing excepitonal service.
Thanks again for your feedback.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I don't go out often but when we do the place must special. Our night at the Hotel Capitol Park was just such a night. This newly renovated hotel has a fabulous "LIVE stage" room. Excellent for intimate meetings and in my case, a GREAT show. For the pre-Thanksgiving holidays my wife and I attended a Blues concert by Grammy nominated artist Bobby Rush. Man did we have the time of our lives. A special menu created for that night allowed us to have dinner, drinks, networking, dancing and probably the best live stage show I have seen in years.

Special Thanks to the staff that catered to our every whim. The food & drink prices were extremely reasonable, lower than any concert hall I have ever seen.

Oh, and the room we stayed in that night was excellent. Clean, roomy, "new room smell" and did I say that the price was right?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leo A
Leo A, thank you for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Atlanta.
Chicago
Reviewed June 29, 2007

This holiday inn is in a great location if you are going to a Braves game. It's really not convenient to anywhere else but for Braves games it's perfect. We will go in on Friday night and leave on Sunday. You pay for parking here but can easily walk to the games so you save on parking there. This is one of the few HIs that does not take pets.

We stayed here in Feb 2007 for the Braves fanfest. There is an OK restaurant onsite and a small gift shop with snacks. The rooms are functional and have gotten dramatically better in the past 2-3 years. The beds are comfortable and the shower has good water pressure. For the business traveler, they have in-room wireless and a business center for those who do not carry their laptop.

If I'm not bringing my dog, I always return here for Braves weekends.

• Liked — close to Turner Field
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2002

Very nice. The only downtown Hotel that I could find that had a free shuttle from airport. Saves you $20-25. I booked directly on the web site it had the best WEB rate. Better than priceline. And ask for the upgraded room with StarBucks coffee (free) and high speed laptop internet(free). Great and friendly. I have stayed there now 3 times.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member