“Amazing Stay!!”

Ranked #22 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Amazing Stay!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Words cant explain the good time I had>I wanna thank Andrea and Dashawnna both front desk agents for making my stay extra special,they were both so helping and willing to go over and beyond to assist you in any way possible!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I originally chose this place based on all the great reviews from others who said the restaurant next door, Max Lagers was great. I'm happy to say we made the right choice to stay at the Hyatt Place. We didn't rent a car since most of the attractions we wanted to visit were in walking distance. The train is also not far. The Peachtree station is a less than 10 minute walk. I was truly impressed with the train system in Atlanta, coming from NY its hard to compare the train system with New York's. It was clean and easy to use and for the most part all the attractions were in walking distance from the train. The Hotel is very clean and the service was great. They were very kind and since our flight was later in the afternoon, we asked if we could leave our luggage while we did some shopping and they were more than happy to help. We were on the 10th floor and had a nice view of the park right across the street from the hotel. I felt safe once we were in the hotel, yet we did see a lot of homeless men, since there is shelter about 15 minutes away from the Hyatt. We didn't feel threating in any way and in fact they were very polite, but it was annoying after a while being asked for money. Not what I look forward to on vacation. The area is somewhat desolate which we are not used to since NY is soo packed all the time. At Max Lager's the food is delish. Please try their lamb Sliders! They were amazing. They also sell Microbeers which my husband and I love. We enjoyed the Max Red Beer. Overall, I would recommend staying at the hotel, if you are staying a couple of days.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We got room 410-It's was a very nice one! clean and large (2 adults, 2 kinds+ one infant).
The staff were very friendly, except for one awful lady how works at the food area that basically took my appetite away. I didn't like the fact that they are rolling back all the food on 9:30am- sharp! No matter what!
Location-it's relatively close to all major sites in downtown Atlanta-even with kids! The problem with the hotel's location is its proximity to the homeless shelter. I wouldn't recommend any women (and even men) to walk alone at this area, especially at night. Supermarket can be found around a mile from there.
Price- for its location and the fact the room was large and clean+ breakfast it was really good ! Less than any other hotel at that level around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank DrEmanuele1
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The property is just on the northern edge of downtown. Homeless people abound. I would question safety for single women, or anyone for that matter. The homeless are plentiful outside the hotel, and aggressive.

Furthermore, the gate to 'secure' the hotel...is broken. Apparently, it has been for some time. :(

The lobby is nice. The staff was SO FRIENDLY and warm. They get an A+ here...

Unfortunately, the rooms are smaller than the average Hyatt Place. The bathroom is ridiculously small. Wow.

A bit of a funky property. :) Not awful, but certainly not great.

I love the Hyatt Place Brand. This one just doesn't seem to meet their typical standards. :)

Room Tip: Not sure. I was on the 10th floor (top). Maybe there are larger rooms/bathrooms somewhere on the p...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here only one night, but I thought the hotel was very nice and the staff was exceptional. Here's the good. The hotel is convenient to the Interstate system, downtown and the entire western half of Atlanta. The rooms are very nice. I was very impressed with the comfort of the bed, the size of the room, the cleanliness and the amenities, like a sofa and large television. There's a great restaurant next door - Max Lager's - that I highly recommend. Wood-fired grill with good steaks and micro-brewed beer.

What's bad? Not much. It's a little difficult to find. I drove by on the first approach and had to circle around. The neighborhood isn't the best, so park in the enclosed, secure parking.

That said, I would gladly stay here again and recommend it to others. You can do much, much worse in the downtown Atlanta area.

Room Tip: Eat at Max Lager's next door. Good food and drink.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place to attend the Falcons/Tampa Bay game. The hotel was nice and clean but just a few comments/issues I have with the hotel for the price we paid.....
1) The front desk clerk played the role of greeter, concierge and chef! We wanted room service but had to go down to the front desk to make the order and then he tells me that it may take awhile because he had to cook it. Where they do that at??(yes, I know incorrect grammar but you get my point)? I mean this is the Hyatt and not the local bed and breakfast! Needless to say, we ordered delivery.
2) A few bulbs were out in the room.
3) The bathtub, clean, but ooooooollllllddddd! :(
4) I did like that they provide toothpaste. Guess that was the trade in for not having lotion.
5) Elevators are old!

I guess those would be my top 5. So overall the hotel is ok and I probably would stay here again, but just wanted to provide you with what you can expect. Orian (I think that's how you spell his name) was really friendly even though he had to wear several hats.

Enjoy Atlanta!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta,Georgia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for actvities downtown as well as working at and attending America's mart. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is good for quick pick up meals. The complimentary breakfast is good as well. The rooms are clean and spacious but starting to show some wear. The bathroom is small and the vanity is basically in the room so if sharing a room with coworkers it is not good for privacy. Overall its a good hotel with great staff in a good location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business