“Nice staff, OK property...but not as great as typical Hyatt Place”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Downtown
Ranked #25 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The property is just on the northern edge of downtown. Homeless people abound. I would question safety for single women, or anyone for that matter. The homeless are plentiful outside the hotel, and aggressive.

Furthermore, the gate to 'secure' the hotel...is broken. Apparently, it has been for some time. :(

The lobby is nice. The staff was SO FRIENDLY and warm. They get an A+ here...

Unfortunately, the rooms are smaller than the average Hyatt Place. The bathroom is ridiculously small. Wow.

A bit of a funky property. :) Not awful, but certainly not great.

I love the Hyatt Place Brand. This one just doesn't seem to meet their typical standards. :)

Room Tip: Not sure. I was on the 10th floor (top). Maybe there are larger rooms/bathrooms somewhere on the p...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Atlanta/Downtown

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here only one night, but I thought the hotel was very nice and the staff was exceptional. Here's the good. The hotel is convenient to the Interstate system, downtown and the entire western half of Atlanta. The rooms are very nice. I was very impressed with the comfort of the bed, the size of the room, the cleanliness and the amenities, like a sofa and large television. There's a great restaurant next door - Max Lager's - that I highly recommend. Wood-fired grill with good steaks and micro-brewed beer.

What's bad? Not much. It's a little difficult to find. I drove by on the first approach and had to circle around. The neighborhood isn't the best, so park in the enclosed, secure parking.

That said, I would gladly stay here again and recommend it to others. You can do much, much worse in the downtown Atlanta area.

Room Tip: Eat at Max Lager's next door. Good food and drink.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place to attend the Falcons/Tampa Bay game. The hotel was nice and clean but just a few comments/issues I have with the hotel for the price we paid.....
1) The front desk clerk played the role of greeter, concierge and chef! We wanted room service but had to go down to the front desk to make the order and then he tells me that it may take awhile because he had to cook it. Where they do that at??(yes, I know incorrect grammar but you get my point)? I mean this is the Hyatt and not the local bed and breakfast! Needless to say, we ordered delivery.
2) A few bulbs were out in the room.
3) The bathtub, clean, but ooooooollllllddddd! :(
4) I did like that they provide toothpaste. Guess that was the trade in for not having lotion.
5) Elevators are old!

I guess those would be my top 5. So overall the hotel is ok and I probably would stay here again, but just wanted to provide you with what you can expect. Orian (I think that's how you spell his name) was really friendly even though he had to wear several hats.

Enjoy Atlanta!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for actvities downtown as well as working at and attending America's mart. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is good for quick pick up meals. The complimentary breakfast is good as well. The rooms are clean and spacious but starting to show some wear. The bathroom is small and the vanity is basically in the room so if sharing a room with coworkers it is not good for privacy. Overall its a good hotel with great staff in a good location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I recently stayed here while in town for a convention. I like the option of having the free shuttle, however, I chose to walk in favor of exercise. The walk is great and allows for you to familiarize yourself with the area. I arrived very early and didn't expect to get an early check in, however, the hotel clerk was able to accommodate me without any difficulty. The continental breakfast was always GREAT! The rooms were great and clean. My only dislike about the room is the bathroom. It is way too tiny! You can't be too large trying to get in there and shut the door. Other than that, I don't have any complaints.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great location. Great value.

We didn't have any need to use their free shuttle service but they kindly offered to pick us up at the CNN Center after our tour or at any restaurant after dinner - so nice.

Attached to the hotel (but you have to go outside to go between the two) is a brew-pub kind of restaurant. Awesome. Charming and delightful. Easy to go between the two. Nice atmosphere - great selection of wines there.

Breakfast at Hyatt Place is a step up from other midscale hotels. Hyatt Place makes such a difference with their First Class approach to breakfast. The midscale hotel concept / space where Hyatt Place positions themselves is definitely a competitive space however they really set themselves apart by providing a best in class breakfast (with real plates and silverware - not styrofoam)

Wonderful staff. Great downtown location. Easy walk to lots of very good restaurants and easy walk to the MARTA trains for Buckhead and the airport. The area felt very safe at night with lots of police visible along Peachtree Street. The hotel is in a nicely remodeled older build structure. We would definitely use Hyatt Place Atlanta Downtown again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoreFFmiles
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Place for 2 nights. It is a nice accomodation and the beds slept well
I did not like the low ceiling in the room very much, it made the room a bit dark
Also: the bathroom is extremely small. Really: I had read reviews about it but thought they might be exaggerated. Well they're not :))
But then again: there is a shower and a toilet and you can brush your teeth outside the bathroom since the sink and mirror are there so it is not that big of a problem.

From the hotel you can walk to Coca Cola, Centennial Olympic Park and CNN easily.
We also had dinner at Max Lager, next door
Excellent burgers!! Nice atmosphere and great choice of beers

Staff was really nice and welcoming when we arrived from our long flight from Europe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple