“Good place to stay on business”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Downtown
Ranked #27 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 22, 2011

There are many pluses to staying at this hotel that I'd like to enumerate:
1. Free continental breakfast (fruit salad, yogurt, biscuits, cereal, milk, juice, toast, coffee); hot breakfast items can be purchased
2. Free shuttle service within a 4-mile or so radius. They'll even pick you back up when you call them. The driver took me over to CNN and then picked me back up again.
3. Free high-speed Internet everywhere in the hotel.
4. Great staff: Everyone here is personable, but especially Stephen.
5. Comfortable rooms. I love the comfy sectional and mini fridge!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Olivia99

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Stayed over Memorial Day Weekend. The room was very nice, we got the King Plus room, which was spacious, had a nice mini-fridge, BIG TV, small window, small bathroom,... very clean. BUT,... the AC was not working all weekend, and the staff handled it poorly. First, we were told that they would have to fix it in the morning since maintenance had left for the evening. Then we were told it had been fixed,... only to find hit hadn't,... and then be told that "YES, they did go up and look, but actually COULDN'T fix it,..." so the clerks were not paying attention or talking to each other about the problem. Then we were told that it was out for the entire building (but was clearly working in the lobby and in the halways). Then we were told they would be refunding our ENTIRE stay (three nights). Then we were told this was wrong, we would only be refunded ONE night,... This got to be really alloying!!! The location was great, right downtown, complimentary shuttle service to the park. We walked back from the Aquarium, and to dinner. Lots of homeless people around, the shelter is just down the street. Nothing seemed unsafe however. If the staff can get their act together, this would be a great bang for the buck place to stay in the heart of downtown Atlanta. ...if you don't expect them to provide good service at the desk, you'll be plenty happy,... but ask about the AC first!!!! ...housekeeping staff kept the place neat as a pin. There are other alternatives at this price, very near by.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jsmith1968
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Booked through hotwire and because of that..the front desk did not consider me important..the front desk clerk actually told me if I pay reg price she could give me a better room. I contacted hyatt's corporate office and they did make everything better. I do know I would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Shunda84
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We stayed 5 nights at the Hyatt Place and enjoyed every moment of it! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Included in the price is a filling continental breakfast, free wifi, fitness equipment, and use of the Hyatt Place shuttle, which will take you within a 3 mile radius of the hotel.

The Georgia Aquarium, Coca Cola, CNN, and the Olympic Park are all within walking distance. We took MARTA from the airport and got off at Peachtree station, then walked 3 blocks to the hotel (maybe a 5 minute walk). Security guards and cops line Peachtree Street, we felt safe walking around at night.

My husband ate a hamburger at the hotel and said it was good, food is available 24/7. Right next door is Max Lager's Brewery which was good and convenient for pub food.

The bathroom was small, but clean. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Great service!

1  Thank Ann2010Ca
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Lynn and Angel at the front desk were the sweetest hotel staff and most truly genuine people I have ever met. Loved spending time talking with them. They have the biggest heart for the hotel guest ever. I travel for a living since and we were very satisfied with the hotel. No complaints at all. The shuttle driver, Jeff, is the best driver ever. We were treated with the most respect. My other band members stayed at another hotel and wished they stayed at the Hyatt Place! The night attendant at the front desk was helpful but could talk more during conversations. Security guard didn't make us seem too safe from fans when he was sitting on his computer all night but not too big a deal. The kitchen staff was quick with getting meals done. Cleaning staff was very friendly. Overall, next time we have a show in town we will be staying at the Hyatt Place. Thank you for a great stay, oh and the cheesecake was great!

Room Tip: Reserve online to save money!
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Hyatt Place Atlanta Downtown
Location:
I stayed at the Hyatt Place while attending a conference held at the Marriott Marquis (which is right next to the Hyatt Regency). I found the Hyatt Place to be in an ideal location from the conference. It took me only about 4-5 minutes to walk to the Marriott. Many of my friends staying at the Marriott said they often had to wait that long just to take the elevator from their rooms. The Hyatt Place is a nice small hotel and offers a good cost savings from the larger hotels (which don’t have free breakfast, shuttle, or internet!!). For perspective, the Inn at the Peachtree is directly behind the hotel, and the SunTrust bank is across the street.
Lobby:
The lobby is very welcoming with lots of comfy chairs and booths for people to use. There is a small private patio outside the hotel which was nice for sitting and reading.
All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Breakfast:
The complimentary breakfast was standard. It was nothing extraordinary, but there was toast, cereal, yogurt, juices, coffee, and some fruit. I think they could improve on this area a bit. There is a regular breakfast menu you can purchase from as well.
Food:
We ordered a small pizza one night from the kiosk and it was exceptionally good and reasonably priced ($7). They also have nightly drink specials and a variety of meals that looked delicious. Considering that the convention area offers few reasonable priced places, except the fast-food like restaurants at the Peachtree Mall, this is another nice benefit of staying here.
Business Center:
There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel, with a great feature of free printing through printme.com so you can print right from your room. There is also a small business center area with 2 computers and a printer if you don’t carry your own computer.
Transportation: The Peachtree MARTA station is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We took the train to and from the airport. It was about a 20 minute ride, and trains run about every 15 minutes. This is an extremely easy thing to do if you have minimal baggage (I had a backpack and carry on suitcase). We did have a few people begging from us on the train, but they were not aggressive, and there were many MARTA police in the stations and on the trains. There are times when the trains are quite full, so if you want to save the money on a shuttle and use MARTA, you have to be willing to be snug. Atlanta has an excellent system where there are guides stationed all around the downtown area to direct you to where you go. From the MARTA station, we simply turned right on Peachtree and walked to the hotel.
Hyatt Place also has an excellent shuttle service. Keep in mind that it will go no further than 3.0 miles. We took the shuttle to a variety of places, including Atlantic Station (which has shopping, restaurants, and a Target) and the Laundromat (I do wish Hyatt Place would have a guest laundry area for us minimalist travelers but the trip to the Laundromat was easy in the shuttle). The shuttle driver was exceedingly nice, and arrived to pick us up very quickly each time. Considering how expensive cabs are in Atlanta (They charge $2 per head in addition to the fare), this service is extremely valuable!
Rooms
The rooms were very cozy and well set up. I had a room with two double beds. The bed was plush and comfy, with excellent pillows. There is also a desk if you like working at a desk. The BIG TV was great because it swiveled to face the couch area or the beds. It has a nice room divider if someone wants to stay up and hang out on the couch with a laptop or book or watch TV later. There is also a small counter area for food and drinks. There is a fridge in the room, but we had trouble keeping its temperature regulated. It had to be turned up to the max to get cold, but then it would freeze our pop, so we ended up using ice instead. The room temperature was somewhat difficult to regulate, but was fine overall. There is a large sink area with dresser which was very nice, although it did cut in to the available size for the separate (closed) bathtub and toilet. This area was a bit cramped.
Gym: There is a nice workout area in the hotel.
Overall:
While I would like a slightly improved breakfast and laundry facilities, the Hyatt Place was the perfect antidote to the big convention hotels, and a money saver as well. I would highly recommend it to conference goers!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank TravelAddict1001
Reviewed March 27, 2011

From arrival to departure this was a most pleasant experience. At check-in, the front desk staff was the essence of courteous. The room was beautiful. I brought my family with me, and as we used the bed, the couch and the fold out we were all comfortable. Yeah, we wish the bathroom was bigger, but it worked.

The shuttle was terrific and the drivers outstanding. It took the stress of my wife having to find her way around the city, children in tow...especially as Atlanta can be creepy in places. The shuttle was always there within ten minutes.

We all loved the breakfast. At least six types of cereal, breads, muffins, donuts, coffees, drinks...terrific. The 24 hour food service, priced at what you would expect at a hotel, was good, especially on Sunday when there aren't many alternatives.

The staff kept the rooms beautiful, and were wonderful and accomodating.

I will strongly suggest to my employer that they use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business