TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Super 55th Anniversary Celebration!

Our 2nd flight with these folks. First one was to Stone Mountain. This one was longer and included... read more

Reviewed July 31, 2018
nannieb43georgia
via mobile
Extra Special

We had an amazing day, yesterday. Had to wait, but enjoyed that time, having a drink and snack at... read more

Reviewed June 22, 2018
Anita J
Atlanta, Georgia

Recommended experiences in and around Atlanta
from $18.51
from $43.51
Atlanta CityPASS
109 Reviews
from $82.68
from $63.55
More Info
All reviews stone mountain lake lanier pilot downtown blast stadium
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

Pilot Matt Wharton was very professional and put me at ease right away. The experience was AWESOME and I can't wait to do it again!

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Christy S
Steve C, Owner at Biplane Rides Over Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

"AWSOME" says it all. Short and to the point. I will pass along your compliments to Matt. We hope you come back again and perhaps experience one of our helicopter tours.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

I have always wanted to try this so decided to take my nephew for his 13th Birthday. This was his very first plane ride so he was a little nervous but Matt, our pilot, was so friendly and helpful and calm. He did a great job explaining everything and we had a great trip. We did the trip to Downtown and my nephew was able to see the new Mercedes Benz stadium which made his day. The take off and landing were both really smooth - better than some of my Delta flights! Highly recommend Biplane Rides Over Atlanta

Date of experience: May 2017

Thank you for your 5 star review and I will pass along your compliments to Matt. All pilots have big egos when it comes to their flying skills and Matt is no different.

As the owneer of the business, I have to agree with you that Matt is a very gifted pilot.

Reviewed May 21, 2017

This is a great way to see downtown Atlanta or Stone Mountain. The front seat is a little small for two adults and is difficult to get in to, but well worth the effort. I really enjoyed seeing both Atlanta and Stone Mountain from the air. The open cockpit plane really adds to the experience. Matt is very knowledgeable and accommodating to the guests.

Date of experience: May 2017
Matt W, General Manager at Biplane Rides Over Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

I am happy you enjoyed your flight with us! You were in the smaller of the planes and our other one is a lot bigger and more roomy. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 18, 2017

Can't recommend this deal more highly! We had a blast every minute. Our faces hurt from grinning the whole time. Matt, our pilot, was professional, friendly and able to ID landmarks so we could get our bearings. It was a perfect anniversary treat to ourselves. Afterward we walked a few feet over to the 57th Fighter Group bar for a celebratory cold beer (turns out flying around is thirsty work). Note: it holds 2 passengers, load the larger person into the seats first. Check their site for age/size info.

Date of experience: May 2017
Matt W, General Manager at Biplane Rides Over Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

We are glad you enjoyed your flight! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2017

we did a two person ride over stone mountain and downtown. we were 2 snug adults in the front seat. it was just the right amount of time flying, any less would have been too short. flying over downtown was a lot of fun being able to see in to the stadiums and watching construction. it was a lot of fun just watching the houses go by and looking for places you recognize. anyone with long hair should definitely wear a cap to cover it!! I wore my hair in a braid but loose pieces came out and it was extremely tangled. you wear ear protection/microphones/headphones and there's a windscreen so that should hold a hat down. there can be some bumps being in a small plane that are "scary" but overall it was a lot of fun and i'd highly recommend it.

2  Thank habalooba

I am happy you enjoyed your flight with us! We look forward to seeing you again!