“THEY ARE GONE!! DOORS ARE CLOSED!!”
Review of The Vinings Fish Company - CLOSED

The Vinings Fish Company
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2012

unfortunately, Vinings Fish Co has been closed for two weeks as of this date 10/3/2012... what a bummer bummer!! I loved the food, the ambiance, the service... OMG!! no warning either! I'mma go home & cry (loud)!!! Goodbye to a great place...

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We like eating "pupu" style as they say in Hawaii . We had snow crab claws, a doz. east coast oysters, cold smoked trout and some of their house made biscuits topped off with a couple of glasses of some nice wines. The oysters were icy cold, briny, yet sweet and smooth (They only had east coasters in this night.) Our server admitted they had cut back due to low volumes and not wanting to throw out aging oysters. Those we had were quite good. The crab legs were good, large and buttery and sweet. The trout was mild and a good counterpoint to the other flavors we enjoyed. We were early, around 5:30pm, and it was not very busy. Having been there a number of times we recommend it highly. Try it you'll like it

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

The most tender, Delish smoked trout I've had in many years! Highly recommend the beet salad too, with feta cheese croutons. Soooo yummy - I sat outside, lovely staff too, I will be back.

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We live in the area and know that getting fresh fish is not the easiest thing. This was our first dinner at this restaurant. Food was good, not spectacular. Simply good, fresh and tasty. Service definety needs to improve. Although we only drank San Pelligrino the waiter never refilled our empty glasses nor asked if we wanted more when the bottle was empty.

For the kids we ordered fried Mahi, but it took them three attempts to not bring us an undercooked piece of fish. The second plate was brought by the manager who realized that it still was not cooked through so he took it back The third time the plate was just put in front of my son without asking or waiting if it finally was OK. Well, it was ok, but they probably should have reacted differently.

As the headline says: It was OK and we may come back.

Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I can't believe every I passed it ! It just does not jump out at you ! Sat at the bar and had the James River Oysters on the half shell and then the shrimp and scallops off the new summer menue.... Yum !
The bartender Andrew, who grew up in Montreal made me a wisky sour the way I like it.
All the staff is personable and friendly... Stop By and see for your self .