“i will see you again if not soon!!!”

Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #84 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Orlando, Florida
“i will see you again if not soon!!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

i was traveling through heading back to florida traveling from tennesse, when i stop through atlanta very briefly to visit a friend that wasn't home. disappointed that my friend wasn't home and looking for a place to rest at with the kids, tired and sleepy i called another friend whom referred your hotel. i called and got the number directly to the hotel, i was of course concerned about the pricing. I'm traveling with kids, so price's is an option for me. once i arrive, checked in and slept, your hotel will be my next stay and future stays when i'm in atlanta and price will diffently not be an never will be an option, your hotel is so beautiful.......thanks atlanta marriot buckhead hotel, for making a layover trip and tired mother with kids in your city be very comfortable and pleasant:)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Illinois
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days for gift mart. The staff at the hotel did a great job in all areas of service and took care of all of our request. The city was just coming off a major snow and ice storm, but you would never know it, as everyone was very pleasant and happy we were there. The concierge lounge was open on the weekend which was a plus!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Leeds
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I arrived quite late following a worrying trip from the airport during some terrible wintry weather and was very warmly welcomed at reception.
My room was spotless with every facility I needed..........wifi, big TV, nice bathroom with powerful and hot shower, incredibly comfy bed (2 to choose from) etc.
I ordered room service both evenings as I was a late arrival on the first night and the weather was too bad to venture very far. The food was beautiful, brought up to my room very quickly and was served very nicely.
Thoroughly comfortable and enjoyable couple of nights staying here and would definitely visit again.
Only quibble, and it really was my fault for not noticing at check out but I was charged for two nights wifi when I only activated it for one night but ho hum and I will check carefully next time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
Reviewed December 18, 2010

I booked this property along with several business colleagues and was also "ripped off" (for lack of a better way to describe it). The property is certainly clean and neat, but I stood in line to check in while several other staffers stood around chit chatting behind the front desk. The hotel was very noisy and the management was either unable or unwilling to try and do anything about it. Lastly, when I checked out (early, due to my dissatisfaction with the property) I discovered that I was being charged $18 a day for parking. No mention was made of the parking charges when I booked the reservation, when I checked in or at any other time during my stay. When I asked about the extra charges, I was told I should have known about them, that I supposedly should have looked for the signs on the front of the property and in the parking garage and furthermore that the parking charges were discussed with me when I checked in. (They were not.) Sly, sneaky, underhanded and just plain disreputable. My advice: cross this one off your list and keep it crossed off.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I got robbed during two days of meetings with Customers. Most probably by hotel staff. They entered the conference room and got my wallet from an inside compartment of the computer bag, while we were meeting the Customer in another conference room. Before leaving our stuff, we've asked the hotel staff whether it's safe to leave it there (they didn't provide keys to that conference room). They said it was OK, and since there was no-one else in the area, we did. Upon returning, I discovered my wallet stolen. A colleague of mine lost her wallet, a cell phone and her BlackBerry.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
I would like to apologize for the incident that occured during your meeting at our hotel. The hotel takes pride in insuring all of our guest are safe and they have a successful meeting. At no time do we recommend leaving any personal valuables in a meeting room, as these areas are public space that attendees and staff move through during breaks throughout the day. This is the first instance of this happening at this hotel, as we make every effort to keep all our meeting rooms safe.
Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed October 6, 2010

This hotel was remodeled from a Sheraton AND is a work in progress. Overall the Hotel was clean with no maid issues. We arrived on 09/30/10 for a TWA Silver Wings Convention and departed 10/03 . For travel from the Airport to Hotel we used the MARTA system. It took approxmiately 30 minutes with a $2 fare. For Airport early morning return, we use a cab at $40. This Hotel is located in a good location. Once you find out where some stores are, you're fine. The Hotel staff did point us in the right direction. The rooms were clean and kept that way during our stay. As to the TV, it was a true work in progress that took several phonecalls to find what was going on. The channels were in the process of being changed over to HD. ABC, NBC and CBS could not be found. Example: CBS had the CBS ID but was BET. After two days it was getting better but....................... There was late night noise within the Hotel caused by guests--not a hotel issue but a uncaring people issue--doors slamming, etc. The late night door slamming contest was being held while we were there! There are devices that prevents this type of contest---all hotels should install these! The main entrance had a large rotating door that stopped dead in its tracks. I think there was facial grease/inprints on the glass from impacts! As to the Convention: Our first meeting was on Friday night with a cash bar. The prices were very high. Example: a diet coke in an ice filled glass filled with 1/3 can was $4. Wine was $8, beer $7. Our Saturday's dinner was at best FAIR with a cost of $58 or thereabout. I've had better or even great meals at Conventions! If this Hotel plans to continue any type of Convention, they must get their act together. The tables had two bottles of wine and some were opened. Cost per bottle was over $35. Some poured the open bottles thinking they were included. Then an announcement was made saying if you poured the wine, you must pay for it. If I was involved in running this Convention, I would have not advised payment. The Hotel made a mistake and that's life. The wine was listed as $35 but the servers attempted to collect $40. They lost track of who paid for what. One of the highlights of dinner: A server dropped a whole tray of meals. This was repeated for those who missed the first dropping! The Hotel's Convention staff were not ready for prime time. They need to clean up their act. I expected to receive what we paid for and this did NOT happen. I know there are Hotels that have their act together. Currently this is not one of those. Maybe they'll impprove, so check the newest entries on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and convention here in our hotel. I am glad that your were able to take advantage of the convenience of MARTA to arrive at the hotel. I do want to apologize for the TV situation, as we were converting to HDTV in the hotel, which did change several of the channels. I also want to apologize for the confusion with the wine service at dinner and the way it was set up. We will make sure that this does not happen in the future. Over the past year, the hotel banquet team has taken pride in serving our guests, and although we sometimes have a negative situation occur, we try to offer the utmost in service to all of our guests. We appreciate your feedback and know that we continue to improve on being the best.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This was the host hotel my college chose for its alumni during Labor Day weekend. Our school played a football game on Saturday. The stay was nice, good customer service, great shuttle driver who took us to great restaurants and a good breakfast buffett. WARNING!!! WARNING!!! They charged $50.00 per day for what they called "incidentals" and posted it to my credit card, in addition to the three day room charge, on the first day of my stay! When I checked out on Sunday, my bill only listed the room rates plus tax but when I got home and checked my visa the $150.00 extra was still posted to my card. I called the hotel and was told it would take 4-5 days for "my bank" to "credit" the $150.00 back to my credit card. Is this legal??? I have stayed in many Marriotts but never had this before. Do they do this only for large groups or for anyyne that stays there? I think it is a RIPOFF!! If they are holding $50.00 extra for every guest, for every night stayed for 4-5 days it would seem that they are making a little money off our money!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Thank you for your comments reagrding our hotel and our staff. It was a pleasure hosting you and your group for this College Football Saturday. I do apologize for the inconvenience of a hold being put on your credit card for incidentals. This is standard policy for all guests who would like the convenience to charge hotel services to thier room. After you check out, we immediately notify the card company electronically to remove the hold on the card. I will look into why this did not happen with you.

I am glad that you did enjoy your stay and we hope the next time that you come to the Atlanta, you will include us in your travel plans.