All reviews the concierge lounge phipps plaza marta station self parking two blocks within walking distance directly across the street parking deck location is great front desk staff business trip upon check buckhead mall conference valet garage
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Our family stayed at this property for the Peachtree Road race and the July 4th fireworks at Lenox mall. The location was great for both. The bell staff out front and the van driver were great as was our waiter in the dining room.

The front desk failed to deliver good customer service twice as well as someone in accounting with whom I corresponded after we left provided poor service as well.

The hotel has been renovated but the structure is old and it shows.

In a nutshell we did not receive the package contents described in our written confirmation. We booked the AAA romance package that included self parking, a bottle of champagne and breakfast for two each day. To this day I still have never received the champagne. On our first morning at the hotel, we were not on the package list in the restaurant for a package and were referred to the front desk to resolve the issue. I stopped at the front desk and offered to show the clerk the email confirmation on my phone and she stated that it was now fixed and if I would stop back by the restaurant they would correct the omission. Despite being nearly floored at being asked to resolve their mistake I politely asked the clerk if she might handle and she agreed. As I learned several days later, the mistake was not corrected. On the second morning of our stay, our family was on the appropriate breakfast list in the restaurant.

Several days after departure, I was contacted via email about charges that were unpaid. The charges were for parking and breakfast that were part of the package! I responded that these items were included in our package and that I was disappointed and did not intend to pay for those items a second time. The person indicated she would resolve and share with the GM at the property. I have not heard from the hotel again now more than one month later.

I work in an industry where we strive to deliver good customer service and I expect good customer service from the Marriott brand but this property failed to deliver to even an accurate registration and failed more than one other customer service opportunity.

There are many lodging choices nearby, I will choose one next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank AthensGator
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I could have stayed at courtyard down the street for $20 less a day. But i thought maybe being a Marriott luxury class hotel, it would be better. Boy was i wrong. Travelling with lil kids, you need a microwave and fridge (at least the fridge for milk). Luckily they had one in housekeeping and provided us with the fridge, but they had no microwaves available. They has no marketplace that u can buy small food items, like milk and cereal bowls, etc. We were checked into a room with two beds. We were surprised they were able to fit two double beds in there (even though they were small beds). My family had to constantly jump over the bed to get to the other side if i was sitting on the chair at the desk. Also, few things were broken. the heater didnt work and the sink stopper was broken. but we didnt complain because it did not affect.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank maddogv6
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at the Altanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel. The hotel staff takes pride in insuring all guests are made to feel welcome and enjoy their stay. I realize that we do not offer in every room some of the amenities of the limited service hotels, but we do have all of these amenities upon request for our guest.

Thank you again for choosing the Altanta Marriott Buckhead and we hope that you include us in your future travel plans.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

I stayed here when it was being renovated two years ago. I loved the hotel back then even though the construction was not finished. The service was incredible and if we needed ANYTHING, the manager personally delivered it. Unfortunately, things have changed. I stay in a lot of Marriotts. I know they will be clean, renovated, and have great service. The hotel is nice. Like I said, it is newly renovated which is nice. The lobby area is clean and very nice looking. The restaurant Shula's is pretty good and the patio is nice out front if you want a drink at night. I was excited to stay at the same hotel as before..until I walked into the room. I remembered it much nicer. It smelled of mildew for some reason. Everything was clean but that was the last time it would be. The staff was wonderful. They delivered everything with quickness but then again, we had to ask. The maids were horrible. I am big on clean places. We stayed 4 nights and our sheets were never changed. You would think they would be changed at least ONCE. The bar soap in the bathroom was never replaced during our stay and we had to ask multiple times for more towels. We even walked back into our room with a dirty towel and our dirty glasses still in the room! One of my roommates commented that she never had to clean up so much after maids in her life. They really need to step up on the maid service. I know no one is perfect but with a hotel, cleanliness is key. Other than that, the staff was great. Another note is that parking is $18 a day. Our rate for the hotel seemed already too expensive to have a large fee for parking. They did have a shuttle for market which is nice. If you need to book another night, go to the front desk. The Marriott line won't give you the same rate as you had before, the front desk will. Overall, the place needs to tighten up on some aspects but it was ok.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank NashvilleTNgirl32

Thank you for your comments reagrad your staff and the kind words for our service staff. I do apologize for the lack of service you had with the housekeeping team. As a Marriott policy, we do only change the sheets every 4 days, unless requested by the guest. We also will not replace any towels that are hanging up, as this is all part of our "Preserve the Environment" action plan to limit the amount of water and detergent usage on a daily basis. We estimate saving over 150 gallons of water a day. With regards to the other issues, I will personally address with the housekeeping team.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forwrad to your next visit to the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

We left our camera battery and charger in the room and called about is soon after we got home. They informed us that they had found them and were promplty sending them to us in the mail. After about 10 days and not receiving our package we made multiple phone calls to multiple people and they all told us they had no record of anything being found in our room. THIEVES and LIARS! Spoke to every manager available and they can't seem to find our items. I will NEVER stay here or at another Marriott again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ilovevacations22
Reviewed July 8, 2010

This is a nice Marriott property, but the service does not live up to Marriott standards. The service from the front desk rates as one of our worst experiences. We were refused early check-in (the lady at the front desk did not even check her computer) only to watch another, better dressed couple check in no more than 10 minutes after we were told we had to wait. The next day, the front desk refused to validate our guests parking ticket. We knew they could do it, because we watched them do it for someone else earlier that day! The room was very small compared to other hotels in the area, but nice and quiet. The elevators are very slow, and good luck trying to find the stairs. This was an annoyance for many guests on the busy 4th of July weekend. If you do find the stairs and want to go up, chances are the door will be locked. Overall, the hotel was comfortable and clean, but we have received much better service at other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank ATL23
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your issues with the front desk. I have spoken with the entire front desk team to insure that all requests are looked into and handled on an as requested basis. I do apologize for these inconveniences and I want to assure you that we have addressed the issue with increased training and better guest communication with the front desk team.

I hope that you give us another opportunity to WOW you with our improved services.