Buckhead has a large list of very nice hotels in the area. This recently converted Marriott is not one of them, and it's the little things that make a hotel "great" versus "okay".
First off, when getting your room, avoid the odd numbered rooms. I awoke to the beep-beep-beep of delivery trucks at 5am. This was so loud it woke me out of a sleep and lasted about 5 or so minutes, a very long time in the early morning. Second, bring ear plus generally. When your neighbor flushes his/her toilet, you'll wake up. For floor recs, avoid the 4th floor. It's a crossover floor to the convention area of the hotel, and our first night was on this floor. Apparently several people had a great time all night long. The second room on the 7th floor appeared quieter, until people decided to flush their toilet or get deliveries at 5am.
As for the convention part of the hotel, facilities were nice and well done. One complaint as a consumer is the replenishing of the snacks. Apparently bringing lids for cups is something that's only done once/day. Cups are a bonus, too. Chips? Grab them early.
One of the biggest annoyance for me was the "poser Starbucks". If you think you're getting a real Starbucks, think again. No food, and coffee was very weak. I can assure you it's not a "real" Starbucks, and tasted nothing like it.
Do you need help sightseeing? Good luck finding help. There was a wall with some brochures, but I never saw a concierge or anything like that. I suppose you could ask the staff at the front desk.
Shula's? Although I didn't personally eat there, I heard rave reviews about how great it was.
Lenox dining room? Buffet style dining. If you like really runny scrambled eggs, you'll love the place. The best part are the homemade omelettes and waffles. OJ is great as well. Dinner buffet was actually pretty decent. Great vegetable soup, but their seafood was something thawed out and gummy/chewy.
Bring a car? Parking in the garage is self-park $18/day. That's actually quite reasonable for Buckhead.
Staff? The staff were very nice. One of the higlights were how genuinely nice and helpful they were, even when calling for a pillow or a late checkout. I was very pleased.
Overall, this hotel was just okay. I almost gave it 3 stars, but felt generous. I would not stay here again, though, as for the same price you could find a far superior hotel with a real Starbucks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center is located in the heart of Buckhead, the shopping, dining and entertainment district of Atlanta, walking distance to Lenox Square Mall, Phipps Plaza and MARTA- Lenox Station. The Atlanta Buckhead Hotel just completed a multimillion dollar renovation, offering upscale amenities. Enjoy fine dining in our signature restaurant, Shula's 347 Grill and the latest sporting events in Shula's 347 Lounge. The hotel has covered self parking and valet parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Atlanta