“Clean, Bright and Inviting”

Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #75 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed all week and I was pleased with the grand entrance and the smiles on the staff's face!

On the 2nd floor my room seemed to be missing a mini fridge and a microwave would have been nice but I didn't mind because I had a room by the stairs and it was quiet and peaceful which gave me a good nites sleep.

The ice maker was broken on the 2nd floor and I did feel a notice should've been on the door so I didn't waste my time to hurry over there to get ice, only to be disappointed.

The bed was amazingly comfortable and the pillows were super soft! I slept like a baby every night!

The parking garage was annoying because my room key didn't work all the time and I even traded in the key and kept it only in the car to use in the garage but it still didn't work. The worse part was I had to press a button to alert the hotel I couldn't get in, then over a loud speaker they would ask me my name and room number while the cars behind me with windows down could all hear this. I felt that was not professional and it made me uncomfortable that my info was being broadcasted.

The location is excellent and I will definitely stay there again when I return to visit my family and friends!

Room Tip: Second floor was perfect by the stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

We were delighted to welcome you for a week-long stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. Our central location puts guests in the midst of fantastic shopping and dining as well as near public transit. Compact refrigerators can be placed in guest rooms upon request, so please don’t hesitate to reach out during your next visit. We are so sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and appreciate that it did not detract from your stay. Thank you for sharing your valued input, we look forward to the next time we can greet you with smiling faces!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean hotel room was beautiful very modern food was prepared fast and taste great located 10 from shopping and entertainment staff was pleasant at all hours of the day or night nice stay will return again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we are delighted you enjoyed a pleasant stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. Our staff strives to deliver friendly service to our valued guests at every turn and appreciate that this was your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your return stay soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here recently for three nights - A good location close to shopping malls and MARTA station. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and very clean, bed was very comfy. Shula's Grill served wonderful food and not overly expensive. We enjoyed the pool area which we had all to ourselves. This hotel has all you could want for a short stay - I would certainly reccommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sashaontour
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

How wonderful to read that your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead & Conference Center provided everything you needed for a comfortable stay in Atlanta! Located just one block from MARTA and steps from fantastic shopping, our hotel is centrally situated to enjoy the best of what Buckhead has to offer. Thank you for sharing highlights from your visit, including our spacious guest rooms and helpful staff. We are so happy to read your feedback and recommendation, please come back again soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights with my kids. This is definitely a business hotel, not a family hotel. Convenient location to highways, MARTA and shopping malls and restaurants, with lots of conference space and a nice looking bar/restaurant. But not a particularly pretty location, a little off the main strip, with empty lots and strip mall as surroundings. The staff varied in helpfulness, with some very attentive and willing to assist, while others seemed less eager to answer questions. The room was clean, if a bit spartan. The price was very good (AAA rate), so there was definitely value here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

It is great to read that you felt your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center was a value. While we’re delighted to read that you appreciated our location and clean accommodations, we are so sorry if you experienced anything less than our absolute best service. We will be sure to share you feedback with our team and hope to welcome you and your kids back again in the future, thank you.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend (2 nights) while visiting friends. I got an awesome rate using AAA several weeks prior to my arrival. I arrived via train and walked the two blocks from the MARTA station to get there. Because I had used AAA to book, I thought that information would've been the system but was told by the young lady checking me in that I was still supposed to have my card with me. I offered for her to call AAA to verify my membership status. Instead she proceeded with my check-in. She offered me a room with two doubles, though I had requested a King bed. I nicely declined that room and she offered me a King that was available on another floor. I thought, "If the King was available in the first place, why would she offer me double room when that was not what I requested."

The hotel: Beautifully furnished, in walking distance to lots of shopping, great resturants. Shula's Grill was wonderful. The staff was friendly and I was lucky enough to be there when a band was playing on Saturday night. The breakfast buffet is a little pricey in the Lenox Resturant if you don't eat a lot but is very tasty.

The room: Furnished nicely, remodled bathrooms were wonderful, the room smelled like peaches (nice touch). Bed was super comfy.

My stay: URGH! NO! Beware of room #414. This room is steps from the elevator, across the hall from the housekeeping station, and at the entrance of the conference center. HORRIBLE room location. I was awakened early with the sound of a door constantly opening and slamming, conversations in Spanish, and someone singing while vacuuming. I figured that I would just get up and try to get a nap during the day. NO!! It was more of the same. Later that evening after a nice dinner with a friend, I returned to my room early as I was leaving the next morning. Next door I could not help but hear the sound of teenage girls laughing and talking through the paperthin walls. I was done and very cranky after hearing the noise. I called downstairs to report the noise only to have no one available at the front desk to take my call!

This could have received a Very Good or Excellent review but it was hard to enjoy the amenities with the noisy location of the room. I probably will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If someone tries to give you room 414 JUST SAY NO. If your room is anywhere close to the elevator or...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

While it is great to read how much you enjoyed our location and our well-appointed guest rooms, we are truly disappointed that your stay was not more positive. We are so sorry if you were disrupted by any outside or neighboring noise during your stay and appreciate that you made an attempt to reach out to us. It is clear we missed an opportunity to resolve the issue properly and regret any inconvenience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared. It is our hope that you will reconsider a future stay with us, thank you.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am a Marriott Gold Elite member and I love this brand very much. I spent one night at this hotel recently as I was a speaker for a conference that was being held at this hotel. The hotel was immaculate, the bed extremely comfortable and the service top notch. The restaurant, Shula's, has a fantastic menu. I had a wonderful argula salad with grilled chicken. Very fresh and healthy. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Atlanta area on business or pleasure. There is great shopping right across the street which is helpful if you are traveling with family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

What a wonderful review! It is truly touching to read that your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center impressed you in a number of ways. Your kind mention of our recently updated guest accommodations in the heart of Buckhead as well as your acknowledgement of our on-site restaurant, Shula’s 347 Grill, are greatly appreciated! We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your continued loyalty to our brand as a Marriott rewards member and certainly hope you’ll return for a future stay soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

It’s a standard Marriott with an updated/modern look and feel in a great location. Below are some highlights:

Staff: The staff was friendly based on my brief interactions. I didn’t need much and so I didn’t engage with them as much.

Location: This Marriott is within walking distance of the mall and several other shops and dining options. You can also take the MARTA from the airport and walk about 3 blocks to the hotel.

Food: There’s a restaurant on the first floor of the hotel that has a nice outdoor seating area. The food was reasonably priced and tasted fine. Also, a live band or DJ played on the weekends which was a nice touch. You could also go to the mall or visit one of the restaurants a block or two away. Or just hop on the Marta and go somewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share the highlights of your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center! We are so glad that you enjoyed our modern hotel in the heart of Buckhead. In addition to being within walking distance of a number of attractions and public transit, we offer a complimentary local shuttle convenient for exploring the area. We are grateful for your acknowledgement of Shula’s 347 Grill, located in our lobby as well as your compliments to our staff. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon.