All reviewsthe concierge loungephipps plazamarta stationself parkingwithin walking distancetwo blocksdirectly across the streetparking decklocation is greatfront desk staffbusiness tripupon checkbuckheadmallconferencevaletgarage
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights with my kids. This is definitely a business hotel, not a family hotel. Convenient location to highways, MARTA and shopping malls and restaurants, with lots of conference space and a nice looking bar/restaurant. But not a particularly pretty location, a little off the main strip, with empty lots and strip mall as surroundings. The staff varied in helpfulness, with some very attentive and willing to assist, while others seemed less eager to answer questions. The room was clean, if a bit spartan. The price was very good (AAA rate), so there was definitely value here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

It is great to read that you felt your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center was a value. While we’re delighted to read that you appreciated our location and clean accommodations, we are so sorry if you experienced anything less than our absolute best service. We will be sure to share you feedback with our team and hope to welcome you and your kids back again in the future, thank you.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend (2 nights) while visiting friends. I got an awesome rate using AAA several weeks prior to my arrival. I arrived via train and walked the two blocks from the MARTA station to get there. Because I had used AAA to book, I thought that information would've been the system but was told by the young lady checking me in that I was still supposed to have my card with me. I offered for her to call AAA to verify my membership status. Instead she proceeded with my check-in. She offered me a room with two doubles, though I had requested a King bed. I nicely declined that room and she offered me a King that was available on another floor. I thought, "If the King was available in the first place, why would she offer me double room when that was not what I requested."

The hotel: Beautifully furnished, in walking distance to lots of shopping, great resturants. Shula's Grill was wonderful. The staff was friendly and I was lucky enough to be there when a band was playing on Saturday night. The breakfast buffet is a little pricey in the Lenox Resturant if you don't eat a lot but is very tasty.

The room: Furnished nicely, remodled bathrooms were wonderful, the room smelled like peaches (nice touch). Bed was super comfy.

My stay: URGH! NO! Beware of room #414. This room is steps from the elevator, across the hall from the housekeeping station, and at the entrance of the conference center. HORRIBLE room location. I was awakened early with the sound of a door constantly opening and slamming, conversations in Spanish, and someone singing while vacuuming. I figured that I would just get up and try to get a nap during the day. NO!! It was more of the same. Later that evening after a nice dinner with a friend, I returned to my room early as I was leaving the next morning. Next door I could not help but hear the sound of teenage girls laughing and talking through the paperthin walls. I was done and very cranky after hearing the noise. I called downstairs to report the noise only to have no one available at the front desk to take my call!

This could have received a Very Good or Excellent review but it was hard to enjoy the amenities with the noisy location of the room. I probably will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If someone tries to give you room 414 JUST SAY NO. If your room is anywhere close to the elevator or housekeeping closet, forget about rest.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

While it is great to read how much you enjoyed our location and our well-appointed guest rooms, we are truly disappointed that your stay was not more positive. We are so sorry if you were disrupted by any outside or neighboring noise during your stay and appreciate that you made an attempt to reach out to us. It is clear we missed an opportunity to resolve the issue properly and regret any inconvenience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared. It is our hope that you will reconsider a future stay with us, thank you.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am a Marriott Gold Elite member and I love this brand very much. I spent one night at this hotel recently as I was a speaker for a conference that was being held at this hotel. The hotel was immaculate, the bed extremely comfortable and the service top notch. The restaurant, Shula's, has a fantastic menu. I had a wonderful argula salad with grilled chicken. Very fresh and healthy. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Atlanta area on business or pleasure. There is great shopping right across the street which is helpful if you are traveling with family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

What a wonderful review! It is truly touching to read that your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center impressed you in a number of ways. Your kind mention of our recently updated guest accommodations in the heart of Buckhead as well as your acknowledgement of our on-site restaurant, Shula’s 347 Grill, are greatly appreciated! We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your continued loyalty to our brand as a Marriott rewards member and certainly hope you’ll return for a future stay soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

It’s a standard Marriott with an updated/modern look and feel in a great location. Below are some highlights:

Staff: The staff was friendly based on my brief interactions. I didn’t need much and so I didn’t engage with them as much.

Location: This Marriott is within walking distance of the mall and several other shops and dining options. You can also take the MARTA from the airport and walk about 3 blocks to the hotel.

Food: There’s a restaurant on the first floor of the hotel that has a nice outdoor seating area. The food was reasonably priced and tasted fine. Also, a live band or DJ played on the weekends which was a nice touch. You could also go to the mall or visit one of the restaurants a block or two away. Or just hop on the Marta and go somewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share the highlights of your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center! We are so glad that you enjoyed our modern hotel in the heart of Buckhead. In addition to being within walking distance of a number of attractions and public transit, we offer a complimentary local shuttle convenient for exploring the area. We are grateful for your acknowledgement of Shula’s 347 Grill, located in our lobby as well as your compliments to our staff. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've stayed at various properties in the Buckhead area for business and personal stays, and this one rates as a consistent leader in its class. I've stayed in this property four times altogether. Conveniently located across from the Lenox Mall with easy access to shopping, main transportation arteries, delicious comfort food, and attentive cheerful staff service. The arrival experience was upbeat and welcoming for my late night arrival. The restaurant satff was cheerful and efficient with service in the sports bar/restaurant. The hotel's breakfast service was friendly with a large variety of offerings and custom-made options (waffles, omelets, etc.) The room, restaurant, and common areas are exceptionally clean, well-lit, and properly maintained. The beds were highly comfortable and room amenities were adeqeuate. The AAA weekend rate (Included parking) was outstanding for this area! An overall nice get-away for couples and families wanting a pleasant Atlanta weekend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

It means a great deal to us that you find the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center to be a consistent choice where you can enjoy a quality stay at a value. Our dedicated staff strives to deliver top-notch, attentive service throughout all that they do and we’re delighted this was your experience. We appreciate your kind mention of our central location, on-site dining including Shula’s 347 Grill and the Lenox Grill as well as our special rates available to AAA members and more. Thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.