“Great Holiday Price”

Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #81 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our family of 10 (with 5 rooms) came to Atlanta on Christmas Day. The Marriott staff were so friendly and accommodating and were very helpful during our 4-day stay. The parking was free and easy, the breakfast was delicious with individually made omelets and waffles. The lobby had plenty of seating areas and the staff were happy to let us linger. Right across the street from Lenox Mall and one block from MARTA, the hotel was convenient but still very quiet.Everyone loved their spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Easy access to all rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

It was our pleasure to welcome you to the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center for the holidays, we’re glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We’re delighted you got to relax in our spacious, recently renovated lounge and had a delicious breakfast experience at The Lenox Grill. Your kind review and mention of our central location near great shopping and public transit is truly appreciated. We hope to welcome you and your family back next Christmas, if not sooner!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This Marriott property is a good value and especially convenient for business travel in Buckhead. Property highlights include an extremely courteous staff, free area shuttle, comfortable rooms and well stocked executive lounge. The furnishings have considerable wear and tear and the wifi signal is neither strong nor consistent.

If you are looking for affordable accommodations in the area, choose this Marriott. If you would like something more upscale, select the nearby JW Marriott.

Room Tip: If the concierge is not available, the valets and shuttle drivers are very knowledgeable about the a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We greatly appreciate that you took to the time to share feedback from your stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. Located in the heart of Buckhead, our hotel is an ideal place to stay whether you are in Atlanta for business or leisure. We’re glad you enjoyed helpful service, comfortable accommodation, our Concierge Lounge and complimentary amenities. We do regret, however, if any aspect of your stay was amiss and have asked our team to further investigate any potential connection issues to ensure our Wi-Fi is functioning optimally. Thank you for your review, please come back again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I would stay here again anytime I'm in the area and want to be close to the many places I enjoy. We did not have to leave the room to enjoy the New Years Eve football game, the TV is fantastic. I really enjoyed the parking arrangements and their service is quick!

• Stayed: December 2012
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

At the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center we provide everything you need for a cozy stay, from our Revive by Marriott bedding to our flat screen TVs with terrific HD quality, so we’re thrilled you did not have to leave the comfort of your guest room to enjoy the big game! We’re thrilled you appreciated our location and parking options in addition to experiencing helpful service during your visit. Thank you for sharing your story with us, please come back again soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This Hotel is a walking distance from the Lenox Mall and also close to subway (Marta)
The staff is very helpful.
There is a very special guy, who prepare the meals, named Joe. He prepare a perfect omelet for breakfast and he is also smiling.
The only negative point was a back pack that was stolen from my friend, from inside the hotel.
But anyway I would come back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Claudio-1967
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

At the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, we’re fortunate to be situated in the heart of the dining, entertainment and shopping district of Buckhead so we’re glad you enjoyed our location. Your warm compliments to our staff as well as your kind review are both greatly appreciated, we hope you’ll return for a future stay soon. Thank you.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had a very early flight into Atlanta from Louisville and arrived at the hotel at 900am. I had an interview starting at 1:30pm. Even though they were completely booked and checkout is at noon, they were able to get me into a room by 1030am so that I had time to shower and rest before my interview. I'll admit I was kind of frustrated that I had to wait and hour and a half for the room, but since normal check in time is 3 or 4, they really worked to get me a room early. They took my phone number and called when a room was available. The person at the front desk knew me by my first name after he had helped me one time which was a personal touch. The room was really nice. This hotel appears to have been renovated recently, but the lobby and rooms felt brand new. The bathroom was spotless and felt new and modern. The bed was very comfortable. I don't usually sleep well when I'm not in my own bed, but I slept really well in this bed. Also, to top things off, around 6pm someone stopped by with a plate of complementary snacks for me. This was perfect because I was feeling kind of hungry. In the morning I had business in the city and needed to check out and leave my luggage. There were people in the lobby attending to my luggage the moment I arrived, which was perfect because I was running late. The only downsides I will say about this hotel are parking, no free internet, and no free continental breakfast. Parking is 20 dollars per 24 hours. I only stayed one day, so I don't know if it is 20 dollars for each day or if you just pay the 20 dollars for parking during your whole stay. The internet is 12.95 for 24 hours. I'm not sure how much the breakfast buffet is, but it wasn't free. I don't think that is unusual though for an upscale hotel like this. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. I can't speak to the value of the room because my room was paid for by Emory as I was interviewing with them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the Garden level. Garden level is a fancy way of saying the basement...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank paradis09
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

We hope you had a great interview and were happy to do all what we could to accommodate your needs so that you were rested and prepared for your meeting. Thank you for sharing all that you enjoyed at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, like your acknowledgement of the attentive service from our staff and our Revive by Marriott bedding. We would like to clarify that our Internet and parking fees are daily rates. For the convenience of our guests we offer both valet and self-parking options and complimentary Wi-Fi in our lobby, we also have a number of specials on our website that include many of these amenities. We hope that should your travels bring you back to Atlanta, that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I'm a frequent Marriott traveler and I rarely am told I have reserved a King bed and show up at the hotel and get a double. I got here at the Marriott Buckhead and am told I have a double and the front desk person seemed to have no interest in fixing this despite my Marriott status or that I was told I would have a King Bed when I made the reservation.

My advice is if you want a King make sure you have it guaranteed in writing in your reservation. My guess is this hotel does not guarantee anything and you are taking your chances.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We’re truly sorry that you did not receive your desired preference of bedding. We certainly value you as our guest and a Marriott Rewards member and hope you’ll accept our apology. Our staff makes every attempt to accommodation guest requests when we have the availability. We hope you’ll consider another stay in the future so that we may show you a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Right when we pulled up, we could tell this was an older hotel that had been renovated. It was only 8 levels, with 2 of the levels below the main street level. We had a room on the terrace level, which was one of the rooms below the lobby level. We had a view of the pool and a parking lot, nothing to brag about. The renovations were very nice, with that being said, you can still tell it was an older hotel. The room was a decent size, nothing too big, but not tiny. However, the bathroom in our room was SMALL. Me and my husband could barely fit in there at the same time. We hardly received any complimentary soaps and body wash and other kinds that we've received from other Marriott hotels. I had to call housekeeping and request them and then they brought them down to us. The doors to the rooms at this hotel are thin and while walking in the hall you can hear what is going on in the rooms & vice versa. The bed and the bedding were great, very comfortable. The room felt clean and we had no issues with that. They promote having a Starbucks onsite with little Starbucks signs around the hotel, but when I went to ask them where the Starbucks was located at 11am, they informed me that Starbucks was only there between 6am-10am. That is a little misleading to me. Now I must mention the fees they don't tell you about until you check-in. We were informed of the hotel taxes when we booked our reservation, but they mentioned nothing about having to pay a $50 deposit for incidentals nor did they mention we'd have to pay $20-$30 for onsite parking. One good thing about this hotel is the location. It is right across the street from Lenox Mall and right around the corner from Phipps Plaza. If I had to pick another hotel in Buckhead, with all of the options around that area, I do not think I'd choose this Marriott again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

While we’re glad you took the time to share what you enjoyed about your visit, it always saddens us to read when a guest isn’t fully satisfied with their stay. Our hotel, as you mentioned, recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation, so it’s disappointing that our accommodations did not exceed your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any lack of clarity or inconvenience you may have experienced though we’re glad that our staff was able to quickly respond to your requests. Information regarding our parking rates, which we do find to be comparable to others in the area, and hours of operation of our on-site Starbucks are available on our website. There is a $50 refundable deposit for incidental charges which is refunded at check-out. Thank you for your valued feedback, we hope you’ll reconsider returning to our hotel in the future.