“It was fine. Not great, but fine”

Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #84 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“It was fine. Not great, but fine”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked a conferece for this location because they gave us a GREAT price. There are 2 Marriott Properties right across the street from one another. The JW Marriott is decidedly more upscale but the rooms seemed small in the pictures. I LOVE a spacious hotel rooms and so I opted for the conference center.

The lobby was beautiful. Check in was smooth. The staff was attentive and helpful with anything I could think of. I work in NYC so the Atlanta hospitality was a bit disarming. All that "how are you" and mindless chit chat certainly takes some getting used to, but i'm willing to go with the flow.

When I asked if there was a Target near by the bellmen grabbed his keys and drove me there. (It was only 2 blocks away). Now that's service! It probably didn't hurt that i'm a cute middle ages woman and he was an attractive middle aged man. Later he offered to drive me across the street to the mall. The idea seemed ridiculous until I realized that this is NOT a walkers city. Driving across the street is probably the best way to stay alive when visiting this location.

I stayed on the 8th floor where the concierge lounge is located. The concierge lounge had snacks and drinks available at all hours of the day and night. I particularly enjoyed the late night appetizers and dessert. Not having to fight the crowd in the main dining room for breakfast was also a treat.

Now for the things I didn't really like:
My room was fine. Not great, but fine. I had a concrete balcony that looked like something out of a prison movie. When I entered the room all of the lights and the tv where on. I thought i'd gone into the wrong room and called out "hello" to make sure that no killers where hiding out of sight. I turned off all the lights and the tv to begin to unpack. Later when I went to turn the tv back on it wouldn't come on. I called the front desk for help and the phone rang and rang. Eventually someone picked up and promised to help someone right away.

Half an hour later someone showed up to fix the tv. By that time I got it to work. The next time I turned it off and back on the picture came on but no sound.

Co workers of mine told me that they had similar problems with their tv's. There was a short power outtage during our stay. The power was out for maybe 10 seconds. For several of my co-workers the tv was out for the rest of the night.

The bathroom was clean but the shower head leaked and sprayed water all over the entire bathroom.

The bed was VERY soft [not in a good way] and squeeked every time I turned over.

There were very loud people in the hallway pretty late at night. Just as I was about to call the front desk they seemed to quiet down.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed on the concierge floor (the 8th floor).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
All guest feedback we receive, positive or otherwise, is greatly appreciated so thank you for taking the time to detail your experience. We are glad to read that you enjoyed courteous service, our recently updated lobby and our concierge lounge. It is truly disappointed, however, that your stay was not completely positive and that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. We regret any inconvenience you may have experience in regard to your television and appreciated your patience as we tried to resolve the issue. Your comments will be further investigated by our team to ensure our rooms are at their best. We hope you'll consider a future stay with us so that we may have the opportunity to impress you at every turn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Tifton
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in rooms 116 and 118. On the great side of things, it is a clean facility, with great staff and service. Location is excellent and pricing was good with rooms booked through Priceline. Hotel has been recently renovated so, everything in good working order and up to date appearing. On the bad side, I would recommend travelers avoid rooms on this floor close to elevator and parking garage exit. We stayed on a weekend, and the hall noise in the middle of the night from parties coming and going was awful. I would stay here again, only if I could get quieter rooms.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
While we are thrilled you enjoyed our facilities as well as the service you received, we regret if you were disturbed in any way by outside noise or other guests. We encourage all guests to reach out to us with issues preventing them for having the most pleasant experience possible. We regret not having the opportunity to resolve your concerns on site, but thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.
Rising Sun, Indiana
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We traveled overnight to get to Atlanta and arrived early in the morning desperately needing some sleep. Called the hotel at 9 am hoping they would let us check in early and they said come on in. Very brief check in, rooms were very nice and clean. We stayed on the 5th floor. The room was relatively quiet both nights. Beds, linens, and bathrooms were first rate. Hot water with good pressure and nice shower head. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and would stay there again without hesitation. Marta station is a short walk away and from there you can get to anywhere in Atlanta much faster than you could drive there. We did have a charge for Shula's restaurant on our check out bill and we hadn't even set foot in the restaurant. At check out, I explained to front desk person the situation and he removed it from the bill and politely apologized. 1st class operation there.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, our friends had a nice spacious walk in shower in their room. Ours had a...
1 Thank bluto_74
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
After a night spent traveling there are few things more relaxing than a nice hot shower and a cozy bed! We're thrilled to be able to provide you with these creature comforts and that the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center was your home away from home during your two-night stay in Atlanta. It is great that you enjoyed your accommodations and that our convenient location and proximity to MARTA made exploring the city easy. We appreciate your kind mention of our helpful staff as well as your patience as we resolved the issue with your bill. We are touched by your review and recommendation and truly hope to see you again during your next trip to the area.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The best part about the hotel is the location...it is literally directly across the street from Lenox mall, and a block away from the Marta. The hotel was average to good. The lobby and restaurant area (Shula's) is nice and looks newer than other parts of the hotel. Shula's had great happy hour specials. The hotel overall was clean. Not too much else worth mentioning. We were on a last minute trip over Labor Day weekend, so we didn't have a lot of options, so given the lack of planning it was a satisfactory option.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, which is below the main floor/lobby. It's not as bad as it sounds be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for spending your Labor Day weekend at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. We love reading that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Buckhead as well as your dining experience at Shula's 347 Grill. We appreciate your review and hope that if there is anything we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable that you'll let us know. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Nice location and easy to get too for a weekend getaway. Did order room service and took them 45 minutes to bring the food, then it was wrong. But they made it right and what was missing was in the room within 10 minutes. Bed was good but pillows were way to soft. Overall would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
The Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center is a great place for a couple’s escape, girls getaway or weekend retreat. We're glad you enjoyed a getaway of your own and appreciate your kind mention of our Revive by Marriott beds. We're thankful that our staff was ultimately able to provide the in-room dining experience you desired; your patience was greatly appreciated. It is our hope that your recent stay will inspire a return visit to our hotel soon, thank you.
Temecula, California
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip...one of many Marriotts I have stayed in. A few thoughts:

The place wasn't very clean. For example there was a bucket at the end of the hallway to my room where water was dripping in. At $200 a night, not something you expect nor builds confidence. The rooms were mediocre at best and not the cleanest I have seen. It lacks basic amenities like a room fridge and such.

The layout is awkward and if you don't know where you are going its not intuitive. I can't say I recommend another hotel as I haven't stayed anywhere else in the area so all of the hotels might be like that, but of probably 20-30 Marriott hotels I have stayed in, its in the bottom 25% based on my experience.

The upside was the staff, who were for the most part friendly and helpful.

Not one I would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Sbain76
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
It is truly disappointing to read that your time with us did not exceed your expectations. If there was anything that we could have done that would have made your stay with us a more enjoyable experience, we hope you will reach and let us know. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are working with our housekeeping maintenance teams to ensure everything is at its best for our guests. Thank you.
Hiawassee, Georgia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed for a recent conference at this hotel. The service was great! The room was clean. The conference facilities were great too. Only suggestion would be to have trash cans available at the conference center. We had several breakout sessions with snacks and drinks but there was nowhere to throw away your trash. I personally do not like to have someone clean up after me if I can just throw it away myself. Other than that, everything was wonderful. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Your kind review and recommendation are both greatly appreciated! We're glad you enjoyed your time with us during the conference and will take your note about trash receptacles under advisement. The compliments you extended regarding the service you received are touching and will be shared with the team. Thank you and we hope to see you back at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center soon.