All reviewsthe concierge loungephipps plazamarta stationself parkingtwo blockswithin walking distancedirectly across the streetparking decklocation is greatfront desk staffbusiness tripupon checkbuckheadmallconferencevaletgarage
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My room is located on the first floor with my windows facing the garage. As cars enter and leave the garage, I can hear them, particularly the loud 'sports cars' even though my windows are closed and curtains drawn. And as I write this review, I hear blaring music with the bass pounding right outside. The car appears to have decided to "hang out" in the garage and share wonderful music with everyone. It's bad enough when a car drives by with music blasting, it's much worse when it just won't go away. Plus, it is 12:10am on a Wednesday night.

I guess I am more upset about this than usual because:
(1) I am staying here for several nights. If it was a one-night stay, I would be less bothered.
(2) I paid a group rate, and others in my group were not assigned to a room in such a poor location. (In addition, I think such rooms should only be assigned to Priceline or Hotwire purchasers -- which I am myself sometimes).

Other than noise, the downside of facing the garage is that you can never draw your curtains and let natural light in unless you want whoever is in the garage to be able to stare right into your room. Basically someone could just lurk around the garage and sit in their car watching you all day.

I wonder if the front desk looks at each customer, determines if you look like someone who is likely to make a fuss and complain about a poor room or if you would just find changing rooms too troublesome and would hate to make a fuss. Since I fall in the latter category, I got a room I deserved.

On the good side, I thought room service food was pretty good, though it did take about an hour to arrive.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ccosmos
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

When our guests check-in we want each of them to receive the highest quality accommodations and service we can provide. It is disheartening to learn that your stay with us missed the mark because of the location of your accommodations. Anytime our guests have an issue, we encourage them to reach out so that we can resolve any concerns as quickly as possible; it is disappointing that we did not have this opportunity during your stay. Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope you'll consider a future stay with us.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Buckhead for two nights. Upon arrival you will be asked if you need help with your bags from the valet guys. If you reply no, you will be sent around the building to the parking garage connected to the hotel. Valet is $40/day and self parking is $20 and the daily rate is $10.

I arrived at 3:30 and check in isn't until 4. The room I requested (King with a refrigerator) wasn't quite ready. So we were then given a voucher for two appetizers from Shula's. Let me tell you I read the reviews on here and they were dead on as far as the quality of their food....NOT GOOD.... But I guess I can't complain to much with free food?

Our room was nice and clean, along with the bathroom. No complaints there. The shower head had great pressure and there were plenty towels as well. Housekeeping checked the next morning to see if we needed anything, or wanted the room cleaned, which I very much appreciated.

The location is perfect! You are directly across from Lenox. If you cross the street you walk through Macy's and enter the main part of the mall. I highly recommend Highland Bakery for breakfast. It's literally a 3 min drive. If you exit the hotel turn left then @ the light make a left on Peachtree its down the street on your left across from Maggianos! I ordered the French toast with a side of bacon and it comes with strawberries and blueberries drizzled in cream cheese. The half is more than enough so I'm pretty sure you could share the full with someone. I will post pics :)

I'm a Marriott member & I booked through the Marriott App on ky phone. I definitely enjoyed my visit & the awesome rate o received of $89.00/night, but I think I will check out another hotel in the vicinity next visit to ATL...

• Stayed: August 2012
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

It's wonderful to read that you described our location in the heart of Buckhead as perfect and that you got to explore so much of what the area has to offer. We're glad you enjoyed your accommodation and appreciate your kind words regarding our housekeeping team. We would like to clarify that our overnight parking rates are $30 for valet and $20 for self-parking and to apologize if your dining experience was not to your liking. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as is your continued loyalty as a Marriott Rewards member. We hope to welcome you back to Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center again in the near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The staff the hotel and in the lounge on the 8th floor are outstanding and unlike others the rooms are standard Marriott with nothing to complain about. Shulas on the other hand is a different story. Service is poor and both times I have eaten there I have had very average burgers. Nt sure how you mess up a burger. Lots of decent places to eat around the hotel so I would avoid the restaurant but the rest of the stay is always a good one

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

We’re glad your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center was a good one. It is great that you enjoyed our Concierge Level guest room and lounge; we hope you got to sample our delicious snacks and desserts! It’s disappointing to read about your dining experience and I will make sure your comments are shared with our dining staff. Thank you for providing your feedback. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The property was clean and tidy, as were the rooms. Service was average. Attention to the small details wasn't a priority. We had a package for my son's birthday that included a Lego welcome pack as well as tickets to Legoland. Since this was a birthday gift and a called a "welcome Packet" by the hotel, we assumed these things wold be in the room, as a surprise. We had to call down to have it delivered hours later. Sometimes the little things DO make a difference, especially if you are turning 7.

Breakfast service, however, was great. The guy that cooked breakfast was fabulous. He went out of his way to really make each guest feel like he was cooking just for them. He was a hard worker and did so with a great attitude.

sleep quality was rated a 2 only because the other guests were very loud. There was a wedding going on and many people in and out of rooms all night, which was very disruptive to sleep. The bedding was comfortable and clean, however, as was the room.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no parties on your floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

At the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, every detail of our guests’ stay is a priority to us. It’s great to hear that you took advantage of our LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta Experience Package and we hope your son had a memorable 7th birthday! We regret any confusion regarding how the packet was distributed, as we were not made aware of your wishes when you booked. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about our guest rooms and your dining experience. We appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon during your next trip to Buckhead.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Well, it's not that bad to be honest, just your average Marriot hotel. In terms of service it was excellent, every single person in the hotel from the front desk, the bar, etc but the rooms themselves were a bit dirty and dated. Room service food was reeeeallllyyyy bad but Sheila's, the restaurant downstairs was a very nice surprise. I guess I wouldn't stay there again... unless I got a pretty good price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

While we’re thrilled to learn that you experienced stellar service from members of our staff, we’re disappointed that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. Each of our guest rooms were a part of our recent, multi-million dollar renovation and include Revive by Marriott beds, Bath & Body Works products and more. We hope to have the opportunity to surpass all of your expectations during a future stay with us. Thank you for your review.