We have stayed at this property five times in the last year. We've always enjoyed staying here. Nice location, nice staff, nice rooms, etc.
I'm not sure what's happened in the two months but the wheels have fallen off. We are loyal Marriott clients, but for the first time EVER, we were told we did not have access to the concierge lounge - that Marriott was "cracking down" on access. Now, when I became a silver level member years ago, that was one of the perks. No one could explain when or why this was apparently changed. I spoke with the manager upon check out. He was thoroughly bored and obviously annoyed at having to address my compliant. When I asked him if he felt the price of a "free" cup of coffee was worth losing repeat clients, he gave me a non-committal "that's something to consider" before walking away without so much as a thank you, hope you enjoyed your stay, or kiss my foot. Perhaps, he just wanted to get to his office before the other woman who was also complaining about her stay could corner him.
Additionally, our room keys didn't always work. Rarely worked for the garage.
We ate at Shula's - not for the first time. The food was unremarkable. One server was covering at least 7 tables and doing all the refills and delivery all the food. Of course, that meant food delivery was slow, we went without refills, etc. The manager offered to pay the tab but with no apology or explanation. Again, with the arrogant attitude that we as clients were bothersome and that he was bored with having to deal with us.
Awesome housekeeping service. We had our do not disturb sign in the door so they left a note and a voicemail to call if we needed towels, etc.
Security - The gentleman on security detail (I wish I had gotten his name!), also carried my bags and delivered towels to us. He was incredibly nice. I'm not sure where the bellman or the nighttime housekeepers were, but he was an absolute pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center is located in the heart of Buckhead, the shopping, dining and entertainment district of Atlanta, walking distance to Lenox Square Mall, Phipps Plaza and MARTA- Lenox Station. The Atlanta Buckhead Hotel just completed a multimillion dollar renovation, offering upscale amenities. Enjoy fine dining in our signature restaurant, Shula's 347 Grill and the latest sporting events in Shula's 347 Lounge. The hotel has covered self parking and valet parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Atlanta