“Very Nice Hotel, but dishonest cleaning staff”
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #87 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My wife and I stayed here last month for a National Conference at the GWCC, and overall our experience was a pleasant one, with one exception. The rooms were very nice, the staff was very friendly, and the food was great. However, I happened to leave my porcelain handled razor in the shower on our checkout day and it subsequently disappeared that same day. I called on that day to ask if I could come get it in lost and found and security said no one ever dropped it off. The only other people with access to the room was cleaning staff, so my advice is: Stay here for sure, but DO NOT leave anything or it may just disappear..

There are newer reviews for Hilton Atlanta

Reviewed November 8, 2010

Out of hours service was completely unacceptable. My room was not serviced, and remained so even after I complained. General service was just too laid back. Ordering a taxi for the next morning involved speaking to four staff and eventually being told that 'one would probably be there anyway'. This is not acceptable when my room cost over 200USD per night. The only good thing was the Gym

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
hiltonatl, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at our hotel. We do value your feedback and continue to strive to improve our servcie. We apologize for the disappointing experience you had while staying with us. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Last night of stay, someone else had a key to my room and was able to open the door in the middle of the night. The metal flip latch kept them from coming in. Then I checked out and bill was what it was supposed to be based on my e-mail confirmation. But got my Mastercard bill today and they had charged my card twice. Once for the correct amount and the second entry they said was because I left before the day of departure per my reservation. This is not true. I had the e-mail confirmation which I have now had to send to them. When I just called the hotel about this overcharge, they are giving me the run around. I had to talk to 3 people and send them the e-mail they sent me and now they have to get someone else to review this extra charge before it will be taken off and I'm told that might take 48 hours. This place is NOT safe and NOT trustworthy to do business with.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I booked a business trip in July 2010, for two rooms, requesting king beds in each as my colleagues and I were traveling with spouses. I received an e-mail from the hotel management four days prior to my trip in October asking if I did indeed plan to use both rooms. (Um, yes.) They asked for the names of those staying in the rooms (both couples had the same last name, so not rocket science deducing that we might have our spouses along) and thanked me for getting back to them.

When we arrived at the hotel registration desk, we had to wait for 15 minutes while we were assigned a room number. Upon arriving at our rooms, we discovered two double beds in each. When I called to correct the mistake, I was told the hotel was full and that my request for king beds was only that -- a request, and could not be honored. I asked if there was any chance of getting a discount, as I made the reservation months ago and the room was not cheap. I was told no, that they don't always honor room "requests," and to call back in the morning.

Unacceptable -- I will not be staying at a Hilton again, and unless you're already in their pocket as Gold member (ex., free wireless if you are, $15/day otherwise), I recommend going with another hotel.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

The hotel is poorly lit and beige - low ceilings and dark and depressing lighting.

The guest service is horrible - the gent who checked me in mumbled so badly that I could not understand what he was saying. I asked specifically for a nonsmoking room and lo and behold, I get a smoking room on a smoking floor.

I immediately called front desk and was told to come down to change my room to a nonsmoking room. I promptly come downstairs and lo and behold, I was told that there were no more nonsmoking rooms and that someone will come promptly to get rid of the smoking odors (why did they waste my time to wait in line so that there is no room change). Well, it has been more than 15-20 mintues later and no cleaning service....

This place sucks and the front desk sucks.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

A very good example of the Hilton chain. Comfortable. Well organized. Staff helpful. All round good experience

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Hilton Atlanta was actually better than I expected, given the outside. It's an older hotel, but most of them in downtown Atlanta are, so don't expect it to be super updated.

That said, the rooms are better than the hallways.

Was here for a tradeshow, so was staying on-site for business for four days. Room, on the concierge level floor, was nice, with a big TV with HD.

Bed was pretty comfortable. Bathroom a bit small and the bath amenities are all Hilton (i.e. kinda cruddy). Nice desk and desk chair.

Concierge lounge is fairly nice. It's great to be able to go get a free coffee or tea when you need it. Breakfast had a nice variety of stuff. Missed the evening spread, but nice to know it was there. The lounge floors are 3 floors, though, so you may have to go up one or down one to get something.

Location is a bit suck if you have to go out for something. You can hike it down a couple of blocks to Peachtree, but it's not right there.

My room was pretty loud. On 27th floor, near the area overlooking the lounge, it could be quite loud. But again, hotel was full for this tradeshow, so I expected it and packed earplugs.

Overall, not bad, but I wish all these hotels didn't feel the need to jack you for internet. It's offensive for a hotel catering to business travelers. Definitely makes you want to step down to a Hilton Garden Inn--still get a big TV and a comfy bed, but you pay less AND get free internet.