“Frequent guest”
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #82 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 2, 2010

With recent top to bottom remodel, as nice as any hotel in downtown Atlanta. Multiple restaurant choices with sky bridge connecting to other major hotels and Peachtree Center. I have stayed at all major downtown hotels in the past year and aside from maybe more dramatic atriums, they do not beat the Hilton. The staff competency and friendliness rival the Ritz, which is far less conveniently located.

1  Thank a9mp11
Write a ReviewReviews (3,767)

Reviewed August 1, 2010

The bell staff did not help me with my bags and stood around looking at each other! The valet was very quick and very polite. The staff overall was pretty good. The rooms are nicely decorated and smelt clean. The bathroom was also clean but the water was cold whenever I took a shower! The water in the tub also took a long time to drain and the water was up to my ankles by the time I was done showering...UGHH!!!
Like I said... nothing spectacular but, it was an ok stay for a middle of the room hotel.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

Hotel, more like ROACH Motel. You tell me how does this hotel have roaches on the 25th floor. They do and I saw it for myself crawling on the door of my room. Stayed at the Hilton 7/25-7/29 and I have had better service at a Super 8 motel. After reseach we did not get a group rate for the amount of rooms our conference occupied. There were guest who checked in a day or so later paying $30-$40 less than we did. Whenever there was a reception for us they ran out of food and refused to replenish. No refrigerator or microwave in the rooms after we were told there was. There was one day that I and my other colleagues did not receive our meals at our luncheon because they said they were out, we were ignored by the waitstaff and the supervisor. When asked for something as simple as more bread and fruit we were told NO. You have to buy a package for internet when you can go to McDonald's and get free WiFi. I expected more from the Hilton, but they were the WORST.

1  Thank kimicoco
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The good thing to say about Hilton Atlanta is that if you're familiar with the Hilton chain of hotels, you know exactly what you'll get; this is the typical, middle of the road, Hilton-thing. Perhaps slighty off the road, as some of the interiors of the hotel seem a little dated compared to some of their other properties around the world.

The staff is friendly, and the rooms are clean and nice. Nothing to fault there. Room service works brilliantly and they actually do a decent burger. Noise from the street can be a bit of the nuisance, if you get one of the lower floor rooms facing the street as I did, but this can be solved by applying ear plugs used for plane travel. If you use those though, you'll sleep like an absolutely beauty in the spacious well-polstered beds.

As for location the hotel is conviniently located in downtown Atlanta about a 15 minute walk from the Convention Center.

1  Thank vadnu
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Sure it's a little older, but you can tell there have been serious upgrades. The rooms were clean ans smoke-free. The Trader Vic's restaurant downstairs was a nice touch. The wireless isn't free, which was my biggest disappointment. The walls are solid - I always bring my earplugs when traveling but didn't need them here. The staff was friendly and accommodating and I would stay there again.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

There are so many different categories for this I had trouble deciding which to pick. First, the valet was full. I had to park and carry my bags myself, and when I got to the actual hotel, there was no bell-person for assistance. My boyfriend, who arrived later than I did, was forced to park in another parking garage and walk with his bags, he was not offered assistance from a bell-person upon arrival at the actual hotel either. When I arrived, they gave me the wrong room. I once again had to carry my bags to and from the front desk myself, even after requesting assistance. When I got to the new room, I subsequently unpacked and prepared to take a shower; when I was stepping in however, I looked down and noticed pubic hairs COVERING the bathtub floor and on the surrounding tile. I immediately took pictures and called the front desk and was told to come back down, and that I had to carry my bags myself once again (after I repacked). When I got back down, they simply offered to send housekeeping. I asked to speak to the manager, and informed him that I had just driven six and a half hours, had already been forced to carry my bags myself five times now even after requesting assistance, and that I had taken pictures of the NUMEROUS pubic hairs, all of which I still have. He offered to give me a new room after I indicated that housekeeping alone was insufficient (his first offer as well as the front desk attendant), but did nothing to remedy other than that. I was given a new room and once again forced to carry my luggage myself even after just complaining yet again about the lack of bell-person, there was not even a cart. When I got to the new room, there were remnants of feces in the toilet and it stank. I didn't even bother to deal with the unresponsive staff. I simply flushed it and sprayed perfume and called my boyfriend to inform him of what to expect upon his arrival. Later when we called the concierge for dining recommendations, she said she "wasn't familiar with the area." We requested housekeeping the next day and they simply knocked on the door and handed us a stack of sheets and towels and left. We had to call the front desk back and request that housekeeping actually clean our room themselves. This was the worst experience in a hotel I have ever had. No one should have to deal with this lack of both cleanliness and service.
Note: I have uploaded three pictures of the pubic hairs. There were no fewer than 14, all of which I took pictures of. Before I even got the camera some had washed down the drain since I had already turned the shower on. I accidentally stepped on one. It was foul.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bcbrowne128
hiltonatl, Resident Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

We regret that you had such a difficult experience at our hotel. We take your comments very seriously and will work to resolve this issue. A member of our guest services team will be contacting you directly to help further resolve the matter.

We thank you for your patronage and appreciate the opportunity to rebuild your faith and trust in our services.

Regards,

Michael Frits
Resident Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Excellent hotel with great service and conference space.

For the minority that still use tobacco products this hotel has a smoking floor.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business