“Average hotel in Atlanta”
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #87 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had high expectations for this hotel and they were not met. A lot of the crowd staying there was "wild" and traveling with my family, that was not what we were looking for. It took forever to check in and we got charged twice on the credit card for the room. Due to the large size of the hotel, lines are always long and it is always super crowded everywhere. The room, particularly the bathroom was not very clean. It is also not in an area of town I would recommend. On the plus side, the room service breakfast was great and convenient. Elevators were fast and available. The starbucks was convenient as well. It was not terrible, but I would stay somewhere else next time.

2  Thank maddie m
There are newer reviews for Hilton Atlanta

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stay at this hotel every time we are in Atlanta (which is about 3 times a year). We love the location and it is very easy to grab a cab if you need to go somewhere that is not walking distance. The hotel can get very busy at times and with that means you have to do deal with big crowds, waiting for elevators, etc. but that is expected in any big hotel in a big city. Ask for upgrades if your an HHonors Gold or Diamond member and you are more than likely to get an executive suite at no extra charge and those rooms are very spacious and nice.

Room Tip: If your an HHonors member, ask for upgrades!
1  Thank Jasperdawgfan
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you so much for your loyalty! We are so glad you were able to take advantage of our location and enjoy the city with your family. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

party of four, Fred took great care of us, drinks, meal etc; great attitude, friendly, always on point. Great Server! Party of three having dinner with our Brother Doug, Senior Pilot for Delta Airlines.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words. We have made sure to pass along your message to our Team. We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy another of our restaurants on your next visit!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton, Atlanta downtown and was not feeling very well. I was hoping to have something light for dinner and I spoke to John Clayton the host at Southern Elements. Southern Elements is one of the many restaurants at the hotel. John was fantastic and worked with the chefs to create a personalized meal for me that was very much appreciated. His attitude and the hotel's ability to accomodate my order went above and beyond my expecations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank ray k

Thank you for your review, Ray! Our employees are truly the heart of our hotel so we are glad John was able to exceed your expectations. We will make sure our Director of Food and Beverage sees this and we wish you safe travels to your next destination!

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

If you are staying at this hotel to party and never sleep, this is the place for you. Otherwise, run and run very fast to the Marriott Marquis or the Hyatt connected by the skywalk. First off, I spent one hour and a half holding for front desk. No one ever answered. I can hear a conversation going on in the room across the hall. I travel frequently for business and this experience has been so Godawful that I will never stay in another Hilton despite my being a Hilton Honors member. This hotel is a nightclub not worthy of the Hilton name. How can the front desk put you on hold for over an hour. I called back and held for another 30 min. I will be moving from this hotel tomorrow am and letting the conference I am attending know of the less than acceptable service at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank brigette621LA
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about noise. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Ok, this hotel is not overly fancy with waterfalls and crazy stuff that means nothing to your overall comfort, but generally you can find a great rate for this hotel that is competitive with the 3 or 2 star hotels. It is an older building, but has a beautiful view, the rooms are super clean, the staff is really friendly but don't park there unless you are prepared to pay 30 a night extra. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are fairly big, the location is the best and there are walkways that are elevated above the street to take you to Peachtree center (fast food and shopping), adjacent hotels, etc. Making it perfect for conventions and meetings. Overall, it's one of the two or three places I'd recommend in downtown.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us again, Scott! We are so glad you enjoyed all that our hotel had to offer and used our prime location to its fullest extent. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were in town for MODEX and the hotel was booked to capacity. However, everytime we went to the lobby bar to get a drink, 20 or 30 minutes would go by with noone coming to get our order. In addition, the breakfast option was a mini convenience store just off the lobby. After waiting in line and ordering a "breakfast burrito" I literally got a tiny wrapped object that had just come out of the microwave; hot on 1 side and still frozen on the other. This was literally something you would see at a gas station, not a Hilton Hotel.

And as for the rooms, I and my fellow travelers had the same issue. Every time the heat kicked on or off, which was every 20 minutes or so, it made an extremely loud "thunk" noise. If you are a light sleeper, this is definitely not the hotel for you. And in the afternoon when I was in my room, I clearly heard an entire conversation going on in the room next to mine.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business