“Great value, clean, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #92 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Tucker, Georgia, United States
“Great value, clean, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Ok, this hotel is not overly fancy with waterfalls and crazy stuff that means nothing to your overall comfort, but generally you can find a great rate for this hotel that is competitive with the 3 or 2 star hotels. It is an older building, but has a beautiful view, the rooms are super clean, the staff is really friendly but don't park there unless you are prepared to pay 30 a night extra. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are fairly big, the location is the best and there are walkways that are elevated above the street to take you to Peachtree center (fast food and shopping), adjacent hotels, etc. Making it perfect for conventions and meetings. Overall, it's one of the two or three places I'd recommend in downtown.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again, Scott! We are so glad you enjoyed all that our hotel had to offer and used our prime location to its fullest extent. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were in town for MODEX and the hotel was booked to capacity. However, everytime we went to the lobby bar to get a drink, 20 or 30 minutes would go by with noone coming to get our order. In addition, the breakfast option was a mini convenience store just off the lobby. After waiting in line and ordering a "breakfast burrito" I literally got a tiny wrapped object that had just come out of the microwave; hot on 1 side and still frozen on the other. This was literally something you would see at a gas station, not a Hilton Hotel.

And as for the rooms, I and my fellow travelers had the same issue. Every time the heat kicked on or off, which was every 20 minutes or so, it made an extremely loud "thunk" noise. If you are a light sleeper, this is definitely not the hotel for you. And in the afternoon when I was in my room, I clearly heard an entire conversation going on in the room next to mine.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cleveland_Holly
Rock Hill, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

In town for the Modex show and stayed here for one night.

Everything about the hotel was large, especially the common areas. The lobby has a lot going on and it took a while to orient myself to what was happening around me.

Excellent suggestion from the front desk staff about a restaurant to visit on Wednesday evening, "Ray's in the City", about two blocks on foot. Well worth the walk!

Rooms were average. Beds were nice, pillows were plentiful. Walls must have been well soundproofed as I didn't hear a thing outside my door or from my neighbors.
Property starting to show its age by way of the carpet, furnishings and trim. Screamed "1980's" to me.

Room was clean, TV was good with many channel options. Didn't like the charge for internet access.

Breakfast was not free and quite expensive, but welcome to downtown Atlanta.

Check in and out was easy enough.Parking was expensive and the garage was not well lit.

I would stay again for another event at the Georgia World Congress Center.

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your review! We’re glad that we were able to offer you a great restaurant recommendation. Come back soon and enjoy more that Atlanta has to offer!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I'm eleven years old, and I love this hotel. The location is great and it's just a short walk to get to all the great activities your kids will love like the Georgia Aquarium , Coca-Cola Museum, and a tour of CNN. The check-in was great and they delivered our luggage right to our room. It has a load of tennis courts and basketball courts and there is a swimming pool. There are also glass elevators that are fascinating and run on the out and inside of the building. There is also two great restaurants, Trader Vic's and Nikolai.(I hope I spelled that right!) The food manager Mr. Kevin O'Leary was so nice and very generous. Over all it was the best vacation experience at a Hilton.

• Stayed March 2014
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Chandler thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for writing this review! We are so glad to hear that you had such a great vacation. Kevin also wanted to share his gratitude for your kind words and we hope you come back soon!
Westport, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Saying this hotel was a large featureless concrete block is like saying an elephant is big and grey - they almost all are. Or at least thats what downtown Atlanta feels like.

Not such a good check in experience - I purchased my 4 night stay via a reseller website as it was way better value than going directly to Hilton (can anyone be bothered with the 'refund the difference guarantee'?) and was brusquely told that my Hilton Honors Gold membership meant nothing as I hadnt bought the room via Hilton. The hotel is huge and impersonal and beware the glass lifts if you have vertigo (I dont but a colleague does). The room was ok - smelled a little damp and was cold most of the time. Bed was fine. I ate at the bar on the first night which was ok but starter and main course arrived at the same time - too hungry to care. A bit expensive but then you might expect that.

Saving graces were the gym and the ever friendly / helpful door staff.

Wont be coming back to this one!

Room Tip: somewhere else ...
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful and that you were able to utilize our fitness center. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve throughout your stay with us. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was recently in town for the MODEX conference and this proved to be a great location to stay. There was a shuttle pickup about 100 yards away that was the first for pickup and drop off, so no problem getting a seat. I found a number of good restaurants within easy walking distance. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The Hilton Honors lounge was very busy during breakfast and the evening happy hour. This was probably due to the fact that the hotel was sold out. I would say that the breakfast selections were a little more limited thsn I expected. There was not much in the way of hot food that morning.

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are so glad that our location proved to be helpful to you for your conference! We hope to see you the next time you are in Atlanta.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Check in was not handled well. They did not ask me was if I was a Hilton Honors member or say thanks for being one. It was not until I was conversing with two very helpful gentleman at the bellman stand did I find out about the parking in and out privileges. The young lady who checked us in did not even ask if we drove, needed parking, etc. Got to the room and there were no towels. Water pressure in bathroom toilet very low. Thanks Keith and Bryant for your help on the parking situation and recommending restaurants you guys were great. When we told manager about the problem, kind of dismissive, and then handed me a card to right a review. Never addresses the bathroom.

We came down to go on college tours with my son. It is centrally located if you are going to do that, but the amenities are not good if bad or cold weather. Everything is outside even the pool. Fitness center nice.

Left out at 8:00 AM and did not return until after 10 PM that night. Walked in and room had never been cleaned. Went to front desk to get resolved. manager that night said 20 minutes. We were tired. They were not done until almost midnight. To spend the time the we went to the Southern Elements Bar and Grill in the hotel. Fred Collier and Ernest Oliver were great. They apologized for our experience and provided us with a complimentary beverage while we waited on our room.

Long story short, they have a few really awesome employees that I mentioned above that get the concept of customer service. I would not recommend the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LaDonna R
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for recognizing Keith, Bryant, Fred and Ernest, we know that they will be delighted that they made such a positive impact on your stay. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.