“Great Conference Stay”

Ranked #92 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Brevard, North Carolina
“Great Conference Stay”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton because that's where our conference was being held. Our room reservation got messed up somehow, and the manager on duty, Kelly, was very kind and resolved the issue like a pro. I was a little concerned due to other reviews on TripAdvisor but our stay was very enjoyable. The rooms were comfortable, clean and up to date. The staff as a whole was very helpful and welcoming in whatever we needed. My only complaint is that the hotels restaurants all served subpar food and at a very steep price, so I would suggest finding other eateries close by which should be easy to do. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, just not the restaurants...

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Overall okay - pleasant experience.

PROS: central location (pedestrian bridges to the Marriott, Hyatt and Peachtree Center (MARTA), and close to freeways), on site dining options including well stocked grab and go cafe with excellent and friendly staff, clean room (nice linens).

CONS: self parking is a little of a pain (not very well marked and random elevator that leads to area outside of lobby) room service was just okay and little bit pricey (even for room service).

Room Tip: It may be less noisy on the side that does not face the freeway
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Just spent 4 nights at this hotel. The positives were the comfortable bed and the outdoor running track. The wifi is terribly slow and wasn't able to use my iPad for anything. Had a homeless person hit me up for money in the lobby. Thought security would filter that out but not in this case.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We appreciate your feedback regarding the speed of our wireless internet service. We apologize that it did not work well during your stay. We are currently updating the wireless system and hope to have a faster interest experience soon. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed here 02/27/14-03/01/14. We stayed in room 2308. While the hotel has the hotel name it certainly did not meet the standards one would expect from Hilton. Before arriving I called to confirm my reservations and also to ask about my parking options. When asking questions, the lady on the phone was very short and seemed irritated with my questions. When I arriving, I had no problem finding the self parking. Once I parked and checked in it seemed everything was going great.... until later. The room smelled musty and old like it had been closed up a long time. The carpets were stained clearly from where someones pet had soiled the carpets. I truly thought the beds were hard and uncomfortable however I heard no complaints from my daughter. The windows were very dirty. It was very noticeable when overlooking the city from our room.
Now about the shower.....
I did not expect to feel like I was going to be propelled across the room by the shower. It felt like someone was pelting me with a firehose!!! It was so forceful that it splashed through the entire bathroom. Yes I had the curtain closed. Maybe they overcorrected the water pressure.
The different hotel areas were a little hard to navigate. I had trouble locating areas by the signs. Seems things in the Marriott next door were much easier to find when I stayed there before. I just really felt like this hotel was old and outdated. When checking out there were several people with German Shepherds checking out also. I feel they should have some pet free rooms. This gives people who may be allergic to pets a clean room to stay in. Overall, this place was just okay but I will look into other options next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Crystal3282013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I wouldn't call this a 4 star hotel, as the bathroom was a bit worn, the tub definitely outdated ( I almost slipped and fell in the shower due to the lack of shower mat), a/c did not cool the room adequately, and no complimentary shampoo or conditioner. Although I am a Hilton Honors member and I only stayed at the hotel from 2am until 12pm the same day, I was required to pay the $22 parking fee. I am a 6' tall woman, and I requested a king bed. The front desk clerk informed me that the hotel only had double beds left, which I'm sure was not true because the hotel has to have like 1000 rooms. Anyway, i slept with my feet hanging off of the double bed. The good thing is there is a Starbucks in the lobby.

Room Tip: Self-parking is $22 and this hotel has a tendency to "run-out" of king bed rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 2, 2014

So I was stuck in this hotel during the first ice storm of Atlanta and I was impressed with the service of the staff. We were there for a conference and found the banquet staff to be EXCEPTIONAL. They were down to earth and accommodating. The prices of everything in the hotel are HIGH but that is to be expected for the location. I was pleased with my stay and if I had to revisit for a conference here.... I would be perfectly ok with it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chattanooga, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The plusses: The bed was comfortable and I slept very well. The room was quiet from outside noises. The HVAC fan ran all night long which provided good white noise. Everything looked clean and there was no odor. The negatives: The room was small, the bathroom was small. The HVAC fan ran all night long which kept my room mate awake. You could really tell the age of the hotel by the bathroom. And I woke up with bites on my ankle, and later found them other places - bed bugs? The food in the restaurant was expensive and of average to below average quality. The steak had a lot of grizzle and the potato wedges were dried out. Overall, I have had much better rooms and meals for much less money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business