“Great stay at the Hilton Atlanta”
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #83 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 12, 2008

I decided to go to Atlanta after visiting my parents in Florida. used my Hilton points for the 1st night there and got a very good rate for the 2nd night.

Pros
Location - right near Georgia Aquarium, Olympic Centenial Park, World of Coke. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Staff was great. Always willing to help.

Quick checkin/checkout.

Nikolai's bar (top floor) had a good beer selection. Not cheap but thats typical for any hotel.

Cons
Parking was difficult. Make sure to have a small car if you intend on using their self park. Garage is low and very tight. $17 / day is not too bad for a major city.

Lot of homeless people walking around at all times - as soon as you leave the hotel

TV in room needs to be replaced. Small and a fuzzy picture.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (3,997)

Reviewed July 11, 2008

Ah, the eighties...this hotel seems caught right in that decade and deperately needs a makeover. The best part about the hotel is that it does have a lovely pool and exercise room. Its location isn't bad for visiting the aquarium and other attractions. But the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling, the hairdryer was a pain to get working, and they nickel and dime you with parking fees, internet fees and the like. I'd say skip this hotel unless you get a super cheap deal and factor in the 18.00/day parking

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We could not have been more pleased with every aspect of our stay, from our arrival to departure. Of the hotels we have stayed at downtown, this one stands out as the best.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I just recently returned from my stay at the Hilton Atlanta. I was attending a conference there and was there with hundreds of other attendees.

I loved: the maid service- Ruby is a wonderful staff member. She always made my day and greeted me with a smile and some catchy phrase to start everyday! She is an excellent staff person. The other person I have to mention by name is David- The concierge...David runs that desk and handles the phone and greets customers with skill. He never got frustrated if you asked a billion questions and he didn't rush you through the process ever.

Now for the property itself. Everything was clean and very comfortable. The pillows are to die for!

I only had dessert there, I expected my dessert to arrive with a plate and fork- they brought a beautiful tray with flowers and the whole nine.

The only negative thing I observed was the lack of low flowing toilets. They have a placard in the room about conserving water because of the drought but their toilets fill up with so much water. I haven't seen that much water used in years!!! But, I digress, minor point but just a thought.....

Elevator use is at its peak when conventions converge, as they did when I was there....so be forewarned.

The outdoor track was nice, the gym was extremelly small- when you have that many guests, one would think it'd be a tad larger.

The staff that work the doors and navigate the traffic through the front entrance were always gracious and really knew how to get people in and out of the front circle area.

It was an ok hotel. Join the frequent stay program and you will be glad you did- smooth check in and check out!

Atlanta itself was ok.....the King Museum was cool. That was the only place I really wanted to see there. I took a cab for 8 dollars to get there and I ended up walking back.....

If you are a vegan or vegetarian, be forewarned, downtown atlanta is limited in foods you may eat. It took me forever to find a salad that didn't have meat on it. The food court at Peach Tree Center has some healthier selections for food. I was also guided to the Metro Diner which is a coupla blocks away. Great food for a great price. I went there twice during my stay. Fast service and good food.

I would write a longer more flowy review but the hotel was average at best. Good price for the room. Food is pricey. Showers were good ( nothing fancy), I don't care about the tv size as others have mentioned, and a comfortable bed.

Enjoy your stay! I did.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank peasnlov
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Hilton Atlanta is a nice place to stay downtown. There is valet and self parking. Parking is expensive, but convenient. There is a large lobby with resturants. The rooms are in need of an update, but are still nice rooms with great views of the city. The wireless Internet is expensive at $15.00 for 24 hours.

Once we parked the car, we did not go back until we left. Everything we wanted to see and go was with in walking distance. If not, there is always a cab out front waiting or the subway a few blocks away.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2008

Stayed for 5 nights in April, 2008 for a conference. Rooms were average size but bathrooms a little small. Rooms were pleasant and clean. Wireless access was pricey at about $20 for a day's use. Parking expensive as is the case with most downtown hotels I guess. I was on an upper floor and had AWESOME views of the city. Just wonderful views. Check-in was fast and staff very friendly. Located within 20 minutes from the airport.

It has several restaurants and a coffee shop. Located within a couple miles of MLK Historic Site and Jimmy Carter Presidential Library. Lots of restaurants within walking distance nearby. Aquarium within 6 blocks.

Overall, a pleasant stay and affordable rate for a downtown property but could use a little updating in rooms and common areas.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Maybe we were tagged with "Hotwire" and given the worst room in the place - but this hotel is awful. Even though we only paid $75 with tax for the room, I still expected a whole lot more than what we got. The room had a LOUD water pipe running through the ceiling and it ran constantly. I don't know if it was the heating and cooling system or if the person above us took a 24-hour shower, but the noise was loud enough and annoying enough to keep me from getting a decent sleep. We thought about calling to get another room, but when we walked around the floor to get ice, we could hear the noise coming from all directions.The TV was tiny and got bad reception, and the bathroom was a bit dirty and the sink drain plug was broken. The room itself was small and outdated, but at least the bed was comfortable. We had little interaction with the staff, as we checked in with the self-service kiosk. Which was great - we could choose from a few rooms and pick our own and we had our room keys in a few minutes....until it ran out of paper and we ended up waiting in the long line anyway so we could find out which room we had been assigned. Parking was expensive, but I guess that is expected in any big city. The parking deck is low, so don't drive anything bigger than a sedan unless you want to walk a few blocks to the secondary deck.

Of course, if you want to spend $18.95 for one English Muffin to be delivered to your door in the morning by all means stay here (I'm not joking). Otherwise, avoid it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple