WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #94 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hilton With Limited Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed last weekend at the Atlanta Hilton. Excellent rate but hotel limited some services. For example, the hotel did not offer the breakfast buffet either day of my visit. There was no notification of this until I went to order the buffet. I will credit the front for providing a voucher to enjoy something off the menu. Room was clean and good sized for a downtown property though - mattress was on the hard side. I am a Hilton Honors member but would try out a different hotel is staying in the area again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Korean first
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Next time I'm in Atlanta, this is where I will stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were also very informative regarding any questions you may have. The hotel itself is very nice, clean, and welcoming. I had no complaints the entire weekend I stayed there. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

Room Tip: End room next to stairwell was perfect... we barely heard any outside noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Warner Robins, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed at the Atlanta Hilton for a birthday getaway and to attend a concert in the park. I was welcomed at check-in in the special Hilton Honors line at the desk. I received a room on the top floor of the hotel because I requested an upgrade ($5 more) when I made the online reservation. Spectacular view of downtown Atlanta. The staff gave me good directions to the MARTA (easier to get to the concert) and upon return, they gave decent recommendations to nearby resturants & bars. Downside - the housekeeper comes by early & often the next morning use the "Do not disturb" sign- although she still disregarded it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Checked in before 3pm to find my room ready. Front desk was great to put my traveling companions near me. 500 women descended into the Hilton for a convention, but the staff was always friendly and helpful. Our meals were served promptly in the ballroom. They even temporarily changed the men's room into a second women's room for us on the second floor. Concierge was helpful in choosing a lunch venue within walking distance. My only complaint was trying to get a taxi. Seems like in a convention hotel, there would be a plethora of taxis available; however, one night, we waited 25 minutes for a taxi to dinner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I can not say how great the Hilton Atlanta is. This was my second time staying here and we really enjoyed it a lot! I can not thank the staff and house house keeping enough for all there help. We ran out of coffee one morning and the service woman on our floor, #24 on 4/13/13, was more than willing to give me more. I booked on priceline.com and got a wonderful deal for Friday and Saturday night. Thanks again Hilton Atlanta I'll definitely be back.

Oh yeah your in Downtown and locatd near everything. We even found the Sky Walks connecting the hotel to the Mall at Peachtree so even on a rain day you can still have an adventure here!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank J-R. C
Charlotte, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a great hotel but there are some serious problems with housekeeping. My room had not been cleaned as evidenced by the uncleaned toilet lid, urine streaked toiled bowl, dog kibble left on the floor and the dust left on every surface that wasn't at waist level. Even when brought to the hotel's attention, the "extra cleaning" that I requested only warranted a clean toilet lid and a cursory pass with the vacuum. The hotel is well located, well apportioned and the front desk is friendly and welcoming but the poor housekeeping kills this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know our guests deserve better. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.
Memphis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We got this place through one of the discount travel sites, mainly because of its location, we needed to be at Georgia Tech early the next morning.

Parking was a challenge for us, we decided to park at the Hotel Parking Garage and it was expensive. They have a low clearance there to get into the garage. We have a minivan and cleared it by about 3 inches. We later found there was $15 parking across the street.

Our room was nice, but small - typical for a downtown hotel in a major city. No free Wi-fi. We had two double beds. We were on the 26th floor and our view was okay, there's another hotel across the street that was blocking some of the view.

We felt safe enough to venture out to the restaurants that were a few blocks away.

I felt this Hotel was a little impersonal, it has the Grand entrance way .... something seemed to be missing; not what I was expecting for the total price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we again apologize for all of the inconveniences you experienced. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.