“AWFUL”

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #91 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
“AWFUL”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had a diamond ring stolen, the toilet overflowed all into the floor a MESS had to get it fixed TWICE and had the air conditioner leaking into the floor from the ceiling. If you plan on staying here hide your valuables because some of the employees are THIEVES

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Cheermom101
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I sincerely apologize for your issue at our property and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. Please contact me directly so I can speak directly with you about this issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I checked in on February 20th, 2013 and was given a room on the 18th floor. My keys didn't work so I went back down to get them activated. No problem and I'm sorry for the inconvenience they said. So I go back to my room, open the door and it was occupied. So I drag all my luggage back down and they said sorry again. So they sent me to the 15th floor and my keys don't work again. By this time I'm upset, but they activate my keys and I finally get to my room. I'm unpacking and a guy walks into my room and they had tried to give my room to another person, keep in kind the room they gave me was not what I reserved. I go down again and all the staff said was sorry for the inconvenience again, turned around and walked away. NEVER stay here. I just ordered dinner to go from one of the restaurants and they messed that up to. I brought it back and the manager said sorry and walked off. Very upset that they've made no effort to rectify this. Room 1524 if anyone of authority cares. My dates were February 20-22.

Very unhappy customer!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Pender1978
Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and poor level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned have been addressed and we appreciate you sharing your feedback and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is a little tired and screams of large conventions. The people however were great and management has done a nice job training. Parking is a real pain and I recommend using the lot next door...its closer, cheaper ($8 versus $21) and easier to find your car. The resaurant downstairs is kinda cool but it did not have much traffic.

I was dissapointed in downtown Atlanta...somewhat dead with more homeless than NY or Chicago and few if any good restaurant options.

Room Tip: Park next door in outside lot...easier and cheaper.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Airstrip1
Hampton, Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

llooovveee!!!!! Comfortable, clean, modern, spacious, attentive staff, great for anything! whether is business, quick stay, family, couple retreat..You name it THAT'S IT! :) The staff is amazing, the service is awesome; the price is very very good and it's worth every penny! amazing views of downtown Atlanta and very conveniently located near the highway. I made a roadtrip stop and I did not want to leave! LOVE IT! Will def. be back. The parking could be cheaper. They charge you 21 dollars and I got there at 10PM and left at 9AM the following day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Atlanta for Cheersport. I always try to stay at Hilton brand hotels whenever I travel and I'm usually never disappointed, up until now. Check in was very easy, the room was nice, the bathroom was very small. Upon checking in my daughter wanted to take a shower. She got in the shower and I heard her yelling to come help her. The water pressure was so hard and no matter how we tired to adjust the shower head it just made it worse. The water sprayed all over the bathroom, what a mess. Next the walls are so thin, we heard everything the people in the next room had to say, not good. After returning from the competition around 10p.m., we were going to order room service, since it is advertised room service is available until 11:30p.m. But we heard people in the lobby commenting that room service was refusing to answer their calls. I find this totally unacceptable and just wrong. If you cannot handle the large amount of guest for such an event, perhaps you shouldn't be listed as one of the host hotels for this event.
If you're planning on staying in this hotel, make sure you do your research.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dataitt
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise and we want you to know that we have addressed our entire staff in regards to your review. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again, I apologize for the poor service and we want you to know that we will address all issues mentioned. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed on the 18th floor and had noise echoing from the lobby and adjacent sitting areas till the early morning followed by the traffic noises at dawn that awakened me. For a 4 star hotel there should be better noise proofing. Also the indoor self parking garage was water logged with leaky ceilings and large puddles? The weirdness continued with the men's restroom in the conference area having steaming HOT water in the toilets??? On the upside, the staff were knowledgeable and courteous though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. Again, I apologize for all of the inconveniences you endured and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you for your comments.
kpgadawg
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently stayed here with my family (wife and two young kids) for a zoo/aquarium getaway. We generally use Priceline to find a hotel near that aquarium, and there are a number of good 4-star choices in the downtown Atlanta area. The room here was the cheapest I've ever gotten, so I was a little worried.

The hotel is huge, although it is dwarfed by a couple of other monster hotels in the vicinity. A number of reviews have stated that the hotel feels old. This is more a product of the architecture than the decor or the appointments. The hotel does have the outdated, concrete look on the outside, but inside it has been recently updated.

The elevators were a hit with my three year old. I believe I probably cost Hilton several hundred dollars in electricity just riding up and down. The room was very comfortable, with two great beds, a nice TV, and the coolest little footlight nightlight built into the bedside table. The bathroom is on the small side, but the shower was great!

One of the neat features of this hotel is that it is connected via walkways to several other buildings. If you don't like the feel of the Hilton lobby bar, then just take the walkway over to the Marriott Marquis. If you want a great breakfast, go through the Marquis to Peachtree Center Mall and hit up Cafe Momo, a buffet that is done by weight. Their link sausage is awesome.

The one downside is the cost of parking ($32 for valet), but for the price I paid for the room, I can deal with it. I definitely wouldn't be disappointed if this hotel came up on Priceline again!

Room Tip: Great views from the higher floors, and a little less street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family