“Excellent Customer Service”
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #85 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I am working in Atlanta for a long term project, each week changing hotels to find the home away from home. While all hotels have different amenities to offer the number one thing I search for is customer service. This Hilton was excellent from the second that I entered. I was greeted at the door, offered assistance with my bags and then the check in staff was very very helpful. During my week it was the same with every single hotel staff that I came in contact with.

The rooms are comfortable and offer a welcome feeling with the amenities they offer. The on,y complaint I have is the noise you can hear from the hallway because of the space under the door. I solved that mostly the second night with a towel. I also had someone close to me that insisted on slamming their door every time they came in or left.

The restaurant choices were acceptable and the price was in line with the value. For me I prefer a room with a mini refrigerator and will request one next time. This hotel is on my favorites list and I will stay here often.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted to be your home away from during your stay here in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while attending a national conference. Very helpful staff that went out of their way to help me. I had been in a car accident on the way there. They arranged for the bellhop to help with moving my heavy suitcases so that I would not have to lift them. The executive conciege helped me obtain food at late hours, plan my day to have the least amount of walking and helped me to checkout quickly and get my belongings down to my car. The room was very clean and the turn down service was a nice touch. Very pleased with my stay!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 28th floor. Great views and very quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased that we were able to assist you during your stay and it was certainly our pleasure. We work to ensure that all of our guests receive this same exceptional guest experience. We hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

This Hilton is most definitely the king if hospitality! What service, I will never forget about this nice hotel! Nothing was to much....such an eager to please! The rooms were modern and very clean. Frontdesk offered us free complimentary movies and a welcome dinner! The only issue is the lounge they better close it or improve. But for me this was not a big issue while all of the employees were do extremely friendly! Thank you again for everything!

• Stayed: October 2012

We would like to thank you for this exceptional compliment! 'King of hospitality' is certainly a title that we love to hear. We're happy that we were able to deliver an experience that you will not soon forget. We hope that your travels bring you back with us again soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

First let me say when you walk into the hotel it definitely looks like a giant conference hotel, but that said it was clean, lots of seating areas in the lobby and friendly bell boys when you walk in. I arrived the day before thanksgiving and was greeted by an extremely nice and efficient man at the front desk. I am a Hilton Honors member and asked if there was any availability for an upgrade and he looked and upgraded me to the Executive Floor... it was great! A really nice room on the top floor, 37 inch flat screen and a super comfy bed. I suggest you ALWAYS ask for them to check if upgrades are available if you go, well worth it! The parking is self for $21 or valet for $28.. I would say self park as it is very easy access from the hotel lobby to the garage below the hotel. The area is not bad. You can walk across a glass walkway to the Marriott next door and then through another glass walkway to a "mall" which is really just a glorified food court, but it has Chik Fil A and some other little fast food types foods that you can pick up and walk back to the room. Other than that there is not much in the area of the Hilton downtown. We did walk to the Georgia Aquarium and it took about 15 minutes or so there are attractions in walking distance (Coca Cola is right next to the Aquarium as well as Centennial Park).
All in all a great stay (very reasonable room prices on the weekend as they aren't busy). Well done Hilton, you exceeded my expectations...

Room Tip: If you are Hilton Honors always ask if executive level upgrade is available.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are honored that you chose to spend your Thanksgiving weekend with us and happy that you enjoyed our guest rooms and convenient downtown location. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit with us.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We got a great rate, and when we arrived at the hotel, I asked for an received an upgrade (nice). The stay was comfortable, the hotel was nicely furnished, and the location & access to surrounding shops was unbeatable. We walked to the Georgia Dome to watch the Falcons go 6-0....live! We had great drinks at the bar. We took the Marta to the Underground. All in all, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade and our convenient downtown location. Please come back and visit us again and Go Falcons!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton downtown the day before Thanksgiving. We booked it through hotwire.com, and if you know hotwire, then you know that you don't know what hotel you booked until after you paid for it. We ended up paying about 74 dollars for the room (minus parking). We ended up getting a Hilton, which I was pleased with, but knowing their reputation and past experiences with umpteen incremental fees, I planned ahead. We drove around the building where it said "Hilton Self-Park", which I assumed was free, because typically you can park at a hotel for free if you are paying for a room. Nope. 21 dollars. Or you can get someone else to park your car for you at Valet and pay 28 dollars. The rooms were nice and clean, although the satellite tv was really slow and the tv wasn't that nice. Also, someone had jammed our shower and we had to call a maintenance man to come up and fix it. The location was great, we actually stayed there for the Atlanta Half marathon which starts at Turner field and we were about 3 miles (driving) away. I actually ran by the hotel during the course route. If it hadn't been for hotwire though I would have stayed at a different place. If you are going to spend the money, the Marriott Marquis Atlanta is REALLY nice and new compared to the Hilton.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lue742

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. This fee is standard for full service Hilton properties and comparable downtown hotels. We hope that you will give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

When we went to our non-smoking room (all rooms are supposed to be non-smoking) it reeked of cigarette smoke. We called the desk and they immediately gave us another room and told us to meet our luggage on the new floor and they would be there with the new key. They were and it was all so simple. You do have to pay for parking here, but if you leave and come back it is still one fee per night and that goes for valet too. Be sure to tip each time though. Everyone was very nice, the room was clean and it was a very quiet hotel. Would visit again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay and are happy to hear that we were able to quickly resolve the problem. Most importantly we are pleased that your overall experience with us was enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back soon.