I stayed at the Hilton one night for a couple of business meetings. The room was very good. Everything was clean, the bed was quite comfortable, the pillows were excellent. A couple of times I had to take the lid off the toilet tank and jiggle the flush valve to get it to shut off all the way and not make a dribbling noise (means toilet needs new flush valve). Probably 95% of guests would not have even noticed the water dripping noise, but for some reason that is a noise which can bug me when I am going to sleep. A minor maintenance issue.
There were a couple of other things that kept me from giving an "Excellent" rating:
1. The guest room hallways and central atrium area are really gloomy at night. Part of this is lighting and part is design. The atrium has some lounge areas projecting out from certain intermediate floors. But on a Sunday evening in the 8-10 PM range, no one was using those midlevel "landings," and they block the view down to (and sound up from) the ground floor. So it feels walking around like the place is totally empty and it's kind of foreboding.
2. The Trader Vic's and Nikolai's restaurants are not open 7 days a week. Seemed odd to me for an allegedly full service 4 star hotel.
3. Two of the elevators run up the outside of the building. That's cute, and gives you a skyline view, but they are very chilly when the temperature goes down.
I booked via an opaque site and for the price I would not mind if they sent me there again. It's a good hotel but there's nothing really spectacular about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Atlanta hotel in downtown Atlanta is within walking distance of the city's best attractions and venues including Centennial Olympic Park, College Football Hall of Fame, Georgia Aquarium, Georgia World Congress Center, Inside CNN, and World of Coca-Cola. This property is located at the 75/85 connector and is approximately 12 miles from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Enjoy stylish and modern guestrooms and award-winning restaurants on-site including Nikolai's Roof and Trader Vic's. Hilton Atlanta provides a complete recreational menu including a fitness center with cutting-edge equipment, outdoor swimming pool, outdoor running track, and tennis and basketball courts. This convention hotel offers 129,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space designed to maximize meeting and events productivity and success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Cancelon and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Atlanta