I stayed at the Hilton one night for a couple of business meetings. The room was very good. Everything was clean, the bed was quite comfortable, the pillows were excellent. A couple of times I had to take the lid off the toilet tank and jiggle the flush valve to get it to shut off all the way and not make a dribbling noise (means toilet needs new flush valve). Probably 95% of guests would not have even noticed the water dripping noise, but for some reason that is a noise which can bug me when I am going to sleep. A minor maintenance issue.
There were a couple of other things that kept me from giving an "Excellent" rating:
1. The guest room hallways and central atrium area are really gloomy at night. Part of this is lighting and part is design. The atrium has some lounge areas projecting out from certain intermediate floors. But on a Sunday evening in the 8-10 PM range, no one was using those midlevel "landings," and they block the view down to (and sound up from) the ground floor. So it feels walking around like the place is totally empty and it's kind of foreboding.
2. The Trader Vic's and Nikolai's restaurants are not open 7 days a week. Seemed odd to me for an allegedly full service 4 star hotel.
3. Two of the elevators run up the outside of the building. That's cute, and gives you a skyline view, but they are very chilly when the temperature goes down.
I booked via an opaque site and for the price I would not mind if they sent me there again. It's a good hotel but there's nothing really spectacular about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern convention hotel, the Hilton Atlanta defies typical and embraces extraordinary in an ideal setting for business or pleasure. Positioned in the heart of downtown Atlanta, Hilton Atlanta is conveniently location near renowned attractions and premier venues and only 15 minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. 1,249 guest rooms provide a comfortable home-base to recharge and rejuvenate, and a full range of amenities are offered to conduct business, stay fit and unwind. Known for delectable culinary delights, Hilton Atlanta features a variety of dining options including the award-winning Nikolai’s Roof and Trader Vic’s restaurants. Hilton Atlanta boasts 65 individual meetings rooms and approximately 129,000 square feet of SMART-FLO™ flexible space designed to maximize meetings and events for productivity and success. In summer, 2017 Hilton Atlanta will complete a multi-million dollar renovation consisting of enhancements to public areas, guestrooms, suites and meeting spaces. Meeting planners can expect increased flexibility and functionality with the transformation of ballroom space, as well as increased internet bandwidth to fulfill demands and expectations. A revamped Lobby will provide a captivating sense of arrival with a new front desk location and vibrant lighting. The second floor will be completely transformed as the ceiling height is raised and pillars are removed in the Grand Salon for increased flexibility and functionality. The 38,000 square-foot Galleria Exhibit Hall will be reconfigured to include breakouts, and all meeting space will feature increased internet bandwidth to fulfill meeting planners’ demands and expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Atlanta