“Nice Room/amenities, poor service.”
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #92 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice Room/amenities, poor service.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Lack of HIlton'ness.

Check in took about 15-20 minutes at 8:00pm is very unacceptable.

No apology or any consideration from the front desk was given or shown.

Room was clean, nice size.

Room service though seems to be the afterthought of the hotel.

Ordered room service, asked a few simple questions about items on the menu, and the person on the phone (older lady) didn't seem to be knowledgeable about the menu.
When asking about recommendations on the menu, or some local flare, the employee told me to refer to the menu. Again, being my first time to the hotel, I was hoping for some assistance with ordering my dinner.
Was quoted up to 30 minutes for delivery of my dinner.
I called down about 40 minutes later to find out the status of my order.
Was told that Musa was already on his way up.
5 minutes later dinner arrived.
Musa seemed very annoyed and irritated by what seems to be his job.
Again, no sense of customer service or a simple apology shown by Musa for being late.
Would've been nice to get a phone call about the status of my dinner instead of me having to contact Room Service.
No accountability at this hotel, maybe lack of management at night or simply lack of leadership.

For future consideration, maybe consider adding decaffeinated teas for the 27th floor lounge.

Long day of traveling, and I simply wanted to check in, relax, have dinner and get some sleep for another busy day, but the hotel failed at that.

Stayed one night, October 2, 2012

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you endured. We will make the necessary corrections to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I decided on a last minute road trip to Atlanta last weekend. We found a great "unpublished hotel name" rate on a popular travel website which we thought we'd take a chance on given we knew it was a 4-star hotel in downtown Atlanta. We certainly weren't dissapointed when it came through that it was the Hilton Downtown. The view from our room on the 21st floor was great (I am a sucker for a good view). The room itself was so so. I'm not a big fan of large hotel chains who cater for the masses (I much prefer smaller boutique type hotels) but I certainly couldn't complain with the rate that we got. On the last day of our trip we visited a suburb called Buckhead...If I were to visit again this is where I would stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mark-english1
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding at Park Tavern and it was overall a nice stay. The whole look is modern and clean. The price is pretty standard for the location..it is close to everything! The lobby is huge and the rooms size is just right. Parking stinks..the garage was pretty much full so it took forever to find a spot and of course it still costs $21..I should've listened to previous reviews recommending to valet! When I got there everything was closed except for a snack bar which also sells beer and wine. Their food was pretty limited..but that is to be expected as it is 24/7. Also be prepared to pay Disney world prices. I paid about 25 for a 6-pack of sam adams. I am not complaining about it though bc it saved me a trip to a bar :) Their bedding and pillows are actually pretty comfortable I just felt the bed was shorter than normal. Besides that the place was great and I loved the location!

Room Tip: Valet..the parking was no fun.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great stay with the family. Hotels have a lot of activites such as tennis, basketball, and a track. I can not wait to plan a romantic night here with just my husband no kids and enjoy the bars.There are several dinning choices through out the hotel.

Room Tip: Valet park its easier than self parking
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Nice hotel on the outside and inside, even the rooms are modern. I like they way it looks but not worth paying full price for a room here. Staff is friendly and vetted, food is good and location is also good too. Room size is standard for the most part and since the building is not too tall, it doesn't take too long to get to your floor.

Room Tip: All depends on what kind of budget you are willing to work with.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times, location is grand, you can walk to Hard Rock for a drink late at night with no problems, or catch a cab to several other great places. Valets are always ever so nice as is the rest of the staff. Lobby bar is good. Always clean, this time we spent 4 nights there on the executive floor for an awesome rate, thanks Hilton, see you next time!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I'm excited to hear you enjoyed your staycation with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is a bit dated overall but my room was clean and there were no problems. My neighbors were noisy the last night and I called downstairs. In minutes security rectified the situation and management sent me a letter apologizing for the incident. I appreciated that very much.

As a Gold member I received breakfast in the restaurant in the lobby which was very good. The chef really takes pride in his omelets which is a pleasure.

The best part of the hotel for me was the sky bridge to the nearby Marriott where I was attending a conference.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business