Hilton Atlanta
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$169
$159
$223
$127
3,861 results
All reviewsexecutive levelsouthern elementstrader vicstennis courtspeachtree centerdowntown areafood courtgeorgia aquariumworld of coca colaolympic parkfitness centerconferenceskybridgeconciergestarbucksmartameeting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2012

There is a lot I can say about this hotel because I must say it was one of the most interesting hotels I've ever stayed at.

The first thing I must say is the hotel is absolutely beautiful, even though it is older and seems to lack renovation. The amenities are kind of unusual for most hotels. It does have an outdoor swimming pool, which itself is a cool experience since it feels like I'm in a private swimming pool in the middle of a metropolis, however the other amenities include tennis courts, a basketball court, and a jogging track. Geez, was that hotel built for pro athletes or something?

The room was very clean and comfortable, although the bathroom was kind of dated. Amenities are a bit lacking (no fridge, no microwave), but I personally was fine with that. The hotel does charge an arm and a leg for parking and internet, which seems ridiculous but when I compared these prices with other hotels in the downtown area, this hotel remained the best deal for the amenities I wanted.

The coolest thing I experienced in that hotel was when a severe thunderstorm blew through downtown on the second night. I actually rode the outside glass elevators up and down, and saw the building right in front of me get struck by lightning! The wind was so strong that it blew through the gaps in the elevator doors and created a really loud whistling noise (which I thought was the smoke alarm at first).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our outdoor pool, an amenity that we are proud to offer to our guests. Thank you also for sharing your elevator experience. Our glass elevators offer spectacular views and we can only imagine how interesting it must have been to witness a lightning strike in the distance! Please come back and visit with us again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is not four star. We pricelined a four star in Atlanta. We were pumped when we saw that we "negotiated" a stay at the Hilton. When we walked in the lobby it was beautiful and the restaurant was hopping! We checked into our room and it was dirty, the tub was stopped up, and the room was missing basic amenities that a motel 6 could boast.

They charge for EVERYTHING. Even things you do not want. You must OPT out of USA Today to avoid being charged. (which they did not communicate) They charge for LOCAL calls. They charge for Internet. They charge to park.

It's 2012. Earlier this year I watched the NCAA National Championship Game while driving (I was riding) down the road on my phone. Yet, Hilton charges for internet and phone. I am surprised that they didn't charge me for turning on the tv.

Simply this hotel is not four star. It is missing basic amenities. No fridge, no microwave, no Internet, just very basic and very boring. Stay at a Holiday Inn Express ;)

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 132RobertR132

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It appears as if we fell short in meeting your expectations and for this, we sincerely apologize. We’re sorry that you were not aware of our internet fee as this is standard for a full-service Hilton. We do offer free internet access in areas of our lobby and have 24-hour internet access in our business center for guest convenience. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience and hope that you visit us again.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Good quality hotel. I stayed on the concierge level. Take a lower floor because the atrium makes it unbearably hot up there.

The room was great. Pillows perfect.

This a great dependable hotel offering easy access to everything in the city.

• Stayed: July 2012

We appreciate your comments and we’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you return in the near future!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Room was not cleaned properly "dusty" the bathroom had mold on shower curtain and the shower head was rusted and dirty the bathtub and shower wall could use a good scrubbing with Tilex! The hallway in front of the elevator had the shells of sunflower seeds that one of the other guests had spit out all over the floor the day of checkin upon our check out this morning they were still there. Also, there were silver fish running around the room so extermination also would help.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please accept our sincerest apology as it appears that we fell short in meeting your expectations during your visit. We have shared your comments with management and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your trust at the Hilton Atlanta and provide the exceptional service you expect when choosing Hilton.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

A friend and I recently stayed one night at the Hilton Atlanta as a quick pitstop before a vacation in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The hotel parking is located underground, and was $21 per day for self-parking ($28 for valet). Upon taking the elevator up from the garage to the lobby, we were very pleased with the very spacious floor plan. Check-in was painless and quick, and we were pleased to find our room on the 13th floor (lucky number 13?) was spotlessly clean. The room and bathroom had plentiful space and didn't feel cramped at all. We didn't dine at any of the on-site restaurants, so I cannot comment on them. However, the marketplace is open 24 hours a day and seemed like a good place for a quick snack or beverage. We both slept very well, and found the mattresses and bedding to be exceptionally nice.

Overall, I would definitely reccommend the Hilton Atlanta. We were able to get an excellent deal through Hotwire.com. I would say that made the decision for us to stay here make perfect sense.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends