“Don't expect Hilton Quality”
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #83 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I booked ths hotel for three nights in November for a January stay. Five days before I was to arrive, I received a call from the management staff that they had overbooked and ask me to move to an Embassy Suites at the airport for my first nights stay. In recognition of that, they comped me two nights and also provided $100 cash for traveling expenses. I accepted, but I should have asked to book my entire stay at the Embassy Suites. After several emails and voice mails to this manager without being answered, I finally had to call and ask to speak to someone else when I had questions that I needed answered before my stay. The front desk person I spoke to(Michelle) quickly had someone come to the phone when I explained to her my dilemma. Upon arrival, I had a short wait to leave my bags to attend a gift show. When I returned, they quickly retrieved my bags. When we got to the room, they had left a tray of old bruised fruit and mineral water for any inconvenience that I experienced with having to change hotels. I paid for executive level room, but they did not have any when I arrived....however, I was given access to the executive floor. The room was small but clean. The view of the city was lovely. I dined in the hotel restaurant downstairs in the lobby. Acceptable food, outrageous prices. When I charged the bill to my room, I was told that I could not as the hotel did not have a credit card on file. I went to the front desk with the manager of the restaurant to find that the credit card authorization that I faxed two weeks prior had been misplaced. I was accompanied to my room by one of the front desk personnel to retrieve the credit card auth from my company with the name of the person I faxed it to and the fax comfirmation. I became ill while I was there, so I went down to the store inside the hotel to get some medicine and what would normally cost me $5.99 cost $13.99 in this store. When I went to the concierge desk to ask if they could print my boarding pass for my trip home, the fellow behind the desk offered to go buy the medicine for me at his cost and bring it to my room. I never saw him. We had access to the executive floor so I went there for breakfast, I guess I expected more than cereal and toast. When I stay in Atlanta again, it will definitely not be at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cacki77

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was there the days following New Years. Things to know up front- Valet Parking is $28, Self Parking is $21. I selfed parked the entire time and honestly you should to, it will take you to the same place and I parked in places that were close to the elevator. I got my room through priceline at $58 a night, not bad in my book and I paid for what I got. They do ask for a card placed on file for incidentals, so for my cheap travelers like me, hold off on $100 on your card. I did not have hilton honors so I got a regular deal king room and it was a pretty good size, furniture was up to date and very clean. Carpet was dated but it did not smell or feel icky.The BATHROOM however was a completely different story, the vanity and toliet were fine, but the shower was completely outdated. I dont know how much it would be to replace one of those things but they should invest. I got a pretty good view and I was able to get to my car and in and out fairly easily. Location was perfect, the highway was literally out the entrance and I didnt hear it at all when i was sleeping. The hotel staff were nice, place was well kept- only issue was the big crowd of "Passion" folks there for a conference, dont get me started on them. But other than that...Ill be back

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Shauna H
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Expected more from a Hilton...staff not very helpful, lots of noise on my floor--overall poor xperience.

If you are a business traveler, they do not have a wing to put you in that will be quieter.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Davispj81
Reviewed January 10, 2012

If I hadn't attended a conference on the property, I would not have stayed here. It is a sterile chain hotel with zero ambiance; disappointing for the price. The executive lounge charged for drinks unlike many of their competitors; better to go to the bar on the top floor which at least has a view (assuming it was not hosting a private event.) The neighborhood has little to commend it either except that one can walk to Centennial Park and the Aquarium but it appears that very few people do - unlike most metropolitan/ business areas there is no one on the sidewalks at any hour. Apparently there were a few establishments worth visiting in the neighborhood but the hotel, rather unnecessarily I learned, discouraged leaving the property ostensibly for reasons of "safety". In truth it appeared to relate more to maintaining a captive market. There has to be a better place to stay when visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This Hotel is convenient for the airport and only a short taxi ride to downtown Atlanta, but that is it. It needed a bit of a refurbishment. There was a charge for wine in the executive lounge which I am not used to in Europe and I don't feel it lived up to some of the reviews I had read. There is nothing wrong with it, but there is nothing that would entice me back again either.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaz187
Reviewed January 7, 2012

To begin, this is not a 4-STAR hotel. Perhaps 3. The hotel receptionist told me it was "sold out" and gave me a smoking room. My guess is because we were a low-priority Hotwire customer. When I asked the other receptionist, she found me a king, non-smoking room. What we learned after checking out was "emergency water repairs" going on between the 5th and 12th floors. The room I got had a huge wet spot on the carpet, and the room smelled like mold. Even the bathroom door was rotted (see pic). The service was poor and took over a half hour to deliver toothpaste to my room after two calls. They then called and woke me up to ask if I got it. Lastly, I got home and found a mystery $50 charge to my room not on my invoice. I do not recommend this Hilton. It was not a good experience and will never go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wrldtrvlr16
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Great view, beautiful design of rooms including materials used (granite ect),comfortable beds,clean rooms and showers wonderful. Staff was friendly. Great location. Only thing was food is very pricey.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family