“Not a typical 4 star hotel.”
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #93 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Not a typical 4 star hotel.”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This hotel is nice but not 4 star nice. 3.5 at best. A lot of the decor needs updating and the staff could take a few hospitality lessons. I think it's over priced and the top floor restaurant is also over priced. We went to the neighboring hotel, Weston and it was only a 3.5 star but much nicer. The view was incredible. We wish we would have booked there instead. Parking is super expensive too. Be aware.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank FloridaGirl80
hiltonatl, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The restaurant on the top floor of the hotel is Nikolai's Roof. It is a fine dining AAA Four Diamond establishment, so the cost of the experience is going to be slightly higher in comparison to our other dining options. However, we have several other dining options in the hotel as well. We also have city views from our guest rooms. We hope you'll allow us the opportunity to provide your accomodations again. We will be happy to accomodate any preference request you have.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Douglas, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I had an overnight layover on our way home from our honeymoon. We booked a room for the night at this hotel. The staff was so friendly and accomodating. Upon learning we were on our honeymoon the concierge was so kind to upgrade our room to a suite. The room was very nice and clean and the bed was so comfortable. I only wish we had more time to stay longer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Having lived in Atlanta long ago I knew most of the hotels downtown are older. When my broker dealer hosted their national conference there I wasn't expecting much. I was surprised that the Hilton was completely updated and the rooms were well appointed and odor free. The bed was sooooo comfy and the thing I was most shocked by is I didn't have to break out the "brought from home pillow". The bell man was so nice to share all the local attractions and tell me about the restaurants in the building. If I came within 10 ft of any staff member or made eye contact with one I was greeted without fail.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I happened to stay on my business trip last month. the king size bed provided by them wasen't comfortable at all. i had to stay for a week and i requested them to change my room as i got a back pain because of the very uncomfortable bed. otherwise the service was good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Hotel room was VERY clean. However BA did not have a fan (no big deal). Beds very comfy, but pillows a bit overstuffed for me. Mostly quiet but sometimes when I was in the BA I could hear the next-door TV. Nice chest of drawers, desk, and closet. Very spacious room. Very helpful front desk people and bellmen. Good value but received group rate (conference); "regular" rates are higher. Food for meals good, but not super. Continental breakfast very good. Visited the "club room" once--OK food there; rather crowded at 5-6 p.m. on a Sat. Conference mtg rooms = good.

Room Tip: Nice view but on west side, but I think almost all the rooms on the upper floors have good views.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This Hotel was pretty standard fare. the lobby / restaurants were great; however it did't look like the updating had been carried through the room levels. I made a critical mistake when booking and didn't ask for a non-smoking room. The front desk was very helpful and offered me a change very quickly. Beds were comfortable, I echo what others had stated about the shower;it was fine for me, but I don't think my kids would have been able to withstand the high pressure. Elevators were fast and the gym was nice. Easy walk to downtown restaurants / olympic park and museums. Great views from higher levels. I'd stay here again

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed here after a concert at the Phillips arena. This was really close and after the concert, after one turn off of Spring St; I was way from the traffic! The staff and the room at this hotel were great! I enjoyed the 24hour market in the hotel!

There are several places in this hotel to eat and this is a huge hotel. Keep in mind that you are in downtown Atlanta, so the restaurants are expensive in the hotel and outside of the hotel. I was able to get my Starbucks at 3am (The prices were comparable to any other star bucks)!! The beds were very comfortable!! The only thing that I didn’t like was the $21 parking fee, but you have to pay to park everywhere in downtown Atlanta.

1st stay May 2010 and 2nd stay October 2011