“WOW not same hotel as advertised” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive
Ranked #152 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Mooresville, North Carolina
“WOW not same hotel as advertised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Hotel after what was told to my by staff 2 years, is still called Homestead suites, not Extended Stay. False advertising at its best. Non smoking, my azzzz, bathroom stunk of old smokers. Old outdated bedding and decor. Time for a serious remodel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Snap1218
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I apologize that the smell and condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at per@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have had a bad experience with another Extended Stay hotel in the past, so I was a little hesitant when Priceline revealed that I would be staying at this hotel. The experience was much better than I expected.

Front office staff was extremely polite and helpful and made me feel welcome. The location is peaceful and I felt safe in the area. The layout is like a small apartment complex. Parking spots are limited along the front of the buildings but there are plenty of spots around the compound.

The room/bathroom were pretty standard and clean. Bed and pillows were clean and very comfortable. The kitchen has a full-sized fridge, stove-top, toaster, coffee-maker and plates/utensils etc. There is a Publix within walking distance, so you can save on meal costs by doing groceries and cooking yourself. The grab-and-go breakfast was acceptable (coffee, oatmeal, granola bars and muffins).

Overall an excellent value for the money. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank DrAlamS
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This Extended Stay was surprisingly clean. The hotel staff was very cordial. There was no formal housekeeping, but you can just take your dirty towels down to the office and get new ones. There was room service available.
The kitchen area was very clean with appliances and dishes. The bathroom was clean and so were the towels.
Very Hot water for showers and washing hands!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Eric H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Eric - The team and I appreciate your courteous remarks. I am so glad that our staff provided you with such great service and that you enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen and bathroom. It is also great to hear that we were able to provide you with additional towels and linens as needed during your stay.

Maitland, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you are looking for a low cost alternative with a good location this place is great. It is convenient to the mall, grocery and drug stores, as well as public transportation (MARTA). This hotel is also very close to the interstate. The rooms are average and is what to be expected of an extended stay property. The grounds were well kept up and the noise level was fairly low.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dynamitetravel
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an informative review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the lucrative extent of accommodations provided.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this location...area is nice ..rooms are efficient and super comfortable ...especially the pillows :)...Asst Mgr Fauquan Alston is very professional, caring towards guest and staff ..and always makes you feel at home . Also special recognition to Simone on the front desk..very professional and I believe represents extendedstay America to the fullest!!.. She great!!...good job 1050 Hammond dr !!!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Brian2013p
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Brian - Thank you for posting such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable room and great service. As well, it is great to know that you liked our hotel's location. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team, especially Fauquan and Simone.

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

First, it was hard to find. Electronic maps put this hotel 1/2 a mile from where it actually is, based on the address. Looked at satellite photos online and found it behind a grocery store with almost no signage. Not viewable from street. DON'T STAY WITH FAMILY. This place is meant for poor business people, traveling sales people, or recently divorced people without custody of kids. There were 0 kids channels on TV, not even nickolodeon. The paper channel lineup had CartoonNetwork, but the cable provider had changed that channel to Spike. There were barely 25 total TV channels, most of them sports. It was my wife, my 9 yr old, my 1 yr old, and me on this road trip sleep-and-go stay. Pretty small room, but clean and modern/updated.
We asked the front desk if there was a room with 2 beds and they said they could only give us what we booked, which was 1 queen. I tried repeatedly to explain that we didn't actually book the room, that it was a blind name-my-own-cost system that wouldn't allow me to choose a bed/room size. She said she could charge us $20 more for either a king bed, OR a queen and sleeper sofa room. I explained that I've never had a problem or upgrade fee before just to get more sleeping space after naming my own price many times. It didn't matter to her. She was very nice and calm, but couldn't help. The manager wasn't on site, but we got a business card. I didn't call because at most, they could wave a fee, maybe, but it's not like they could produce more beds in a room. This hotel didn't offer roll-away beds or cribs at all. She lied to me by saying the hotel didn't have any rooms with 2 beds, as I found out later. Ultimately, we were only going to be there 1 night, so 3 of us shared the bed and our toddler slept on the small sofa chair in our room. Bidding sites should seriously reconsider their contracts with this particular chain and/or location if there's barely a chance for multiple beds in 1 room. What if there were 2 friends traveling? Family of 5? Family with teens? It just wouldn't work unless you pay the upgrade fee or book 2 rooms or hope that one of their other rooms were available. That's really sketchy.

Room Tip: Call the hotel before booking and make sure they have what you're looking for in advance.