“A Pretty Good Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive
Ranked #152 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Houston, Texas, United States
“A Pretty Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

A pretty good experience. The check in staff was courteous and helpful. It made it a great start. Unfortunately I left a few items behind and called back immediately. They pretended they didn't find it. Really irked me. Otherwise it was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ruth P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Warm wholesome atmosphere hospitality friendliness clean Was a asset with the staff and a great location.
I recommend them very highly, They were Always willing to lend a hand .
The Staff was also
And very much Considerate , Concerned and kind with all their guests

• Stayed July 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room well in advance earlier this year. February, to be exact. When we arrived, we were told that because they no longer had the room we requested available, they moved us to a new room.

When we checked out the room, there were cockroaches, the pull out bed from the sofa was stained and dirty, and the room didn't meet our expectations!

Thankfully, one of the customers was willing to trade rooms with us.

When we got the new room, we were so excited, only to be disappointed again. The room was not vacuumed. The curtains were super dusty. The stove didn't even work. The bathroom towels were dirty and had hair on them. The carpet was sticky. I broke out in hives twice. My mom woke up to itchy, tiny red spots on her body.

Overall, everything was just horrible! My family and I ended up canceling our last two nights there and we went to Hampton Inn right across the street. Not only was it cheaper, it had great complimentary warm breakfast & better quality.

This will definitely be our first and last stay!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Sweetanddandy
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is not a horrible review and i want to give a special shout-out to two of the property managers - Phyllis and Betty. You see, my experience was around 3am and unlike other hotel chains with round the clock staff and available open lobbies, Extended Stay/Homestead Suites have office hours for their lobby. And these two ladies were on-call at two of the properties I went to and helped me out tremendously. So thank you ladies! :-)

Now, let's talk about that part and why it made me a tad frustrated. I was traveling this weekend and ended up on the North side of Atlanta at about 3am and I didn't feel I could safely travel 30 minutes back to the SW side to my home. Extended Stay is one of the hotels that our company has listed as a preferred location for travelers. We have a lot of people that are heavy travelers so it's best to know what spots to lay one's head. I had a free night certificate so I decided to use it and used the one near my work location. Due to their 9 to 5p (ish) hours once you get there, there is an emergency phone bat phone (ha ha moment) that you have to use to call customer service on-call to find out if they have vacancies. I was familiar with the area I was in so I was kind of ok with the situation but I could just imagine a traveler not familiar in the area being extra upset. Of course, i'm sure that a traveler with a reservation would get all of the hours of operation information they needed to make sure they got there on time but things happen, planes get delayed and that would just be something extra to add to the list of extra things to do once you got there.

Inside the room was ok. It's a basic kitchenette setup with a bed, nice TV, adequate bath and one plus for me - great water pressure and very hot water! Loved it!

So as my title states, not a bad experience but I was not wowed. If i was staying somewhere for an extended period of time and I had a choice, I'm not sure I'd go running to their properties BUT if my company just happen to choose it for me I would mind it that much.

If you are looking for a clean place to lay your head for an extended out-of-town stay this place is ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nichiel
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed in Extended Stay hotels previously - some were satisfactory to good but some really crap. But I should say that the experience at this Extended Stay chain's Homestead Suites hotel was overall good with a pleasant surprise the new remake of the Extended Stay Brand.
This hotel is very close(walk-able distance) from Publix which was a plus point for me.
Room was good with new and comfortable bedding and the newly branded bath and hand soaps were really refreshing. The only thing I felt that was lacking was a good or at least decent kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Rest was simply good at the price. Not a bad value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank jamping
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Motel area was clean and well maintained. Front Desk very helpful, Cab company on call was prompt, clean.

For an kitchenette room, supplies were lacking. I had to ask for glasses and cups. No cooking supplies. No Kleenex in room. Bathtub was stained but very clean.

from the parking lot, the motel was pretty full, but nice and quiet. I like soft beds, so I'm not the one to rate, but this was moderately comfortable.

Room Tip: Three buildings - I was in the back. Nice & quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank maryg98
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Atlanta - Perimeter. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

ontario, canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband was staying in this hotel for a bushiness trip. His work had selected it because its a "long term stay" setup. I found it clean and well located. There is a grocery store and restaurants within walking distance. The room had a small kitchenette and small eating area. The hotel is not overly fancy and does not have a lot of perks like a gym or pool. But its clean and located near the Perimeter mall. The area was also great for walking around and seemed pretty safe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Taralynne
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Atlanta - Perimeter. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody
Comfort Suites Perimeter Center
Comfort Suites Perimeter Center
#10 of 10 in Sandy Springs
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive? Share your experiences!