“Hire me and fire the idiots at your front desk...”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive
Ranked #148 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The manager on duty was horrible to work with. I got better service from the support staff than I did him! We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Atlanta - Perimeter. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive

Reviewed January 19, 2012

First, when we walked in, the rep was on a personal call. Also, she showed him another price online that was less $30 less than what he quoted. He wouldn't honor it. Then, when we walked in the room, it was fine. But, one hour later, the bathroom was flooded with water leaking from the toilet. When I called, he offered to give me another room, but I had to come to the office to get the key. When I went down to get it, it was raining cats and dogs. He gave me a room on the other side of the property. So, I had to pack back up and move in the rain. I asked if I could stay anywhere more convenient due to the weather, but he said nothing else was available. Mind you, as I walked in the rain, I saw 3 vacant rooms. Finally I settled in the other room and went to sleep. The bed was ok, but the bedding is rough and had crumbs in between the sheets. The next morning, I called to request late check out, and the Jamaican lady said they didn't honor late checkout and I had to be out in 30 minutes, which was 11:30am. I asked could I leave at noon, but was not allowed. For $89 dollars, I'll be at the Westin next time.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Ciaranamow
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The hotel is good.. more of an inn.. the rooms are big and a family of 4 can easily stay.. got 2 bathrooms to suit 4 people .. TV .. Internet etc. You could cook your food which helps save a lot of money.. a little far off from downtown so a Car is must. Was there for 3 days and at the price could stay there for months.

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best and peaceful
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Pulkit_saxena
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I stayed here for seven months in 2010 and 2011; the value is quite good but the service staff is very busy (with something else). Location convenient for walking, room spacious but I had one flood (upstairs toilet trouble):

"Give us all the receipts for your spoiled food and damaged goods, we will see what we can do". NOTHING

I had a bag of dry-cleaning misplaced by the office staff. They dodged this for months, then refused to issue the already-approved settlement made with the headquarters staff.

"Give us all the receipts for your old clothes and we will see what we can do".
NOTHING. Would not rewind the security tape to view that day. Would not believe clothing had any value.

Oh well stay here if you expect NOTHING from the help.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank cashepp
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We checked in Mar 30 and stayed for a week. The front desk clerk was efficient, check in lasted about 10 mins! The room was clean and quiet, we couldnt believe there were pets on the premises. The area was great also, all the major shops were nearby. The only hiccup was they were suppose to clean our dishes when they cleaned the room, but THAT didnt happen. They should have provided dish liquid in the rooms so that you could do it yourself, but we had to ask for it.

It wasnt a five star but it sure was worth the stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank anislandgirl
Reviewed March 17, 2010

The hotel grounds were acceptable, but the room itself was terrible. The room smelled like stale cigarettes and bleach. The bathroom floor was wet from a leaky toilet, I suppose. The shower was dirty, and the water was luke warm-not hot. They do not provide shampoo and coonditioner, just soap and linens. Also, no hair dryer. The bed was not comfortable, and there were only two small pillows. No extra pillows or blankets were available. I did not sleep a wink. Worst of all, I have had an allergic reaction to the conditions of the room. I have a stuffy/runny nose, sneezing, and watery/itchy eyes....Probably from inhaling the smoke, bleach, and mildew all night.
The reviews that I read before booking this hotel rated this place 7/10!!!!! This is outrageous!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BellaToni
Reviewed April 2, 2009

The service and location were excellent. The staff was very friendly and informative. We had to ask a lot of questions about where to eat and get directions to our destinations, they were very helpful even printing out maps for us to follow. I had left 2 personal pillows at the motel and they even shipped them to me. If I ever have to stay at a hotel again, I will be sure it is one of this chain of motels. We only stayed one night but would be excellent for an extended stay. Our room had a kitchen where you had a fridge, stove and microwave. There were even dishes and silverware available. There was a small dining area which would seat 2 people. I was very impressed with the hotel and the staff.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank drkhorse42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Perimeter Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area
Comfort Suites Perimeter Center
Comfort Suites Perimeter Center
#10 of 10 in Sandy Springs

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive? Share your experiences!