“Outstanding Value!”

Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria
Ranked #125 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I was very impressed with this hotel. Paying 60 dollars a night for 3 people, I was a bit sceptical as to what the accomodation would be like. I was pleasantly surprised.

We arrived and were greeted by fast & friendly service. Our room was well equipped with microwave, fridge, iron & ironing board, hairdrier & coffee making facilities. Free safety deposit boxes were also on offer. Breakfast had a wide range of foods.

Staff were very friendly & supplied us with extra towels, sewing kit & razors on request. Also did not hesitate when we asked could directions be printed out for the local parks.

My only complaint was the slight musty smell in the room, even when the air con was on & had been on for a while it didnt clear.

We stayed here for 3 nights. If travelling to atlanta, would return.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 12, 2008

I don't expect Days Inn to be the best place to stay, but this one greatly exceeded my expectations. It was clean, quiet, and a wonderful value. It seemed to be a family run motel and the limited staff worked very hard to make sure the entire facility was well taken care of. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2007

This hotel is OK (just) for an overnight stop but would not like to stay there for any longer. Clean enough but showing its age and needs money spent (fast) to tidy it up.

Location was easy enough to find.

At check out the staff did try to charge my credit card even though the hotel had been pre-booked and pre-paid through Hotwire. No apology when the mistake was pointed out to them- just a grunt and my receipt handed over.

All in all not high on my -'return list' , in fact do not think it is even on the list and am sure I could have done better at another hotel for the price I paid.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2007

My mother and I stayed at the Days Inn for a whole week (her office booked the room for a business trip). When we first checked into the room, it was clean enough for the price. However, there was a smell we never could quite place. Our room was a nonsmoking room, and yet the room had the fait scent of smoke along with cleaning products, and moldy flowers. The bathroom and even the beds were clean enough. Two nights while we were there there was apparently an Indian celebration going on, the music they were playing could be heard from quite a distance. I think the managers live in the hotel, because one day I smelled something that resembled like a burnt stove and a room on the first floor had a stove complete with an Indian woman cooking over it. The staff were great. I never had a problem with them, always very polite, one memember even let me have a late check out. The location is great, only about 5 minutes from Cumberland Mall and tons of resturants. I would, however, pay the extra money and stay at one of the hotels on the same street as the Days Inn. I've stayed at two of them, much nicer!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Denver
Reviewed May 31, 2006

We found this listing online and it said it was 5 miles from ATL - it wasn't it was across town. When we arrived the clerk said that the website we had booked through hadn't told them about our 3 children and that the price would be $25.00 more. When my husband asked to see the manager we were told that he was on vacation and that he only left lists of what to do for them. Turns out the "manager" was her husband. We had the invoice to prove that we had booked a room including them; so when we threatned to leave she said fine. While we were checking in she tried to do the sme thing to the next family.
When we got to the room the furniture looked like it was about 30 years old. It was falling apart, the bathroom was filthy and the beds were horrible. If it had not been such a long day and our children so tired we would have left.
The next morning while we were eating the "Continental Breakfast" we were watched every second like we were going to clean them out. I would reccomend spending a little more money and not staying here.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 8, 2006

I reserved a room here because the price compared to average Atlanta hotels is very appealing. The room was absolutely filthy. The beds were the worst with dirty linens and thin pillows. The bathroom tub and commode were gross with left-behind body hairs and partially used toilet paper. I tried to check back out immediately without using the room but the female Indian desk clerk refused to credit my credit card and gave me a ton of trouble even threatening to call the police - which I politely asked her to "Yes - Please do that". Thank goodness for her husband the "real" manager who insisted in whatever language they were speaking that she give me an immediate credit. Stay ANYWHERE else for your health!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank pittston
A TripAdvisor Member
Traverse City Mi
Reviewed April 1, 2006

My husband and I made reservations from the Georgia welcome station and figured it was a nice place to stay. First impression after opening the door was good, until I pulled down the bedspread. The sheets were all wrinkled and just put on the bed, one sheet covering the mattress then a very dirty blanket with all the ribbon torn and hanging and terribly pilled and then another sheet and then the spread. Didn't want the blanket touching us. So remade the bed minus the blanket. Very bad place and would not recommend it. Chairs were very dirty. Shower ok. I took the blanket and gave it to the desk clerk along with a note. Told them they should teach there people how to make a bed. Called the manager and he said everything was clean. WRONG.

Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#122 of 172 in Atlanta
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna

Been to Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria? Share your experiences!