“USED CONDOM ON FLOOR”

Ranked #126 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Charleston, South Carolina
“USED CONDOM ON FLOOR”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Yup, a lovely surprise: a used condom on the floor of my hotel room. I spent one night this craphole, woke up in a hurry to get out of the room that was already disgusting to begin with, I just took a quick peek under the bed to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything and what did I see??.......a used condom!! Honestly, how slack is that?? How just straight up disgusting is that???? Get a grip Days Inn! nasty nasty nasty. Oh and the receptionist didn't even apologize after I told her.....SLACK!

Room Tip: Don't Go
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank CCCait

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 27, 2011

First, we had a couple quiet nights to rest while visiting Atlanta on our way to Florida (from Minnesota). Maybe because we stayed on the 3rd (highest) floor?

Everything else is below par compare to other motel. I felt they had too many people just sitting around to watch us or something. The environment fell "stuffy", the stair entrance is stiff and almost impossible to open if you don't know how. Elevator is slow and the stairway is very hot! They cut open holes and put fan running noisily at high speed, and it's still hot and stuffy.

We left early to head down to Florida. I was hoping to get a mug of hot coffee, only to find cold coffee inside. Must be left over from the previous day(?). When asked for hot coffee, the attendant told me to microwave it up!

With many choices available, I probably don't stay there again.

Room Tip: If you must stay, at least ask for the top most floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I checked into this motel in atlanta and wished i had not ,when i arrived at atlanta it took me more than 2 hours to even find the place,when i did find it i wished i had not,the room was very dark and dingy,with basin plug broken and hair drier not working,i did complain only to ignorance from reception.
I booked online from the uk and they took the money straight away which i had never seen b4.
I would not reccommend anyone staying at this place as there are loads of good quality motels in Atlanta

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank musikana
south of atlanta, ga
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I'm not cheap, but I don't like to spend money either, so 50/night for a room with free breakfast and heated indoor pool sounded like a good deal. It was an average experience with some highs and lows, but there was nothing to bring me back. I wasn't about to pay 100+ to stay at the Renaissance Waverly where my seminar was. This Days Inn is a middle eastern family run place like most of them are these days.

Pros: -- very friendly staff
-- nice free breakfast; some people complain, but it is free so I don't understand it; there were waffles, cereal, OJ, apple juice, bagels, muffins, bagels, and toast
-- fast check in/out
-- they quickly made a pot of coffee for me to fill my cup when I checked out
-- nice room decor with flat screen tv, but not HD; bathroom was so-so
-- free wifi

Cons: -- bathroom smelled of B.O. - I bought a can of Lysol at Publix to combat it
-- Awful pillows, but the bed was comfortable
-- Hallway sounds exist as if there was no door to the room, but there wasn't much going on so it didn't bother me
-- frequent creaks and noises from surrounding rooms

There is an indoor heated pool, but I didn't use it. I checked the water and it was warm (the outside temp was 40 degrees). The pool is in a glass solarium that seems to be an addition sometime after the hotel was built. The pool area was dark and very foggy (probably because of the cold outside temp and all that glass). No one used the pool that I saw, but there weren't many kids around.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank mikolito
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This hotel was clean and the front desk staff was especially friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and very nice. The only thing wrong was that there was a sign on our microwave that said "broken, use the one in the lobby." It really wasn't a big deal, and they provided a solution.

The front desk mgr printed out directions for me of my destination in Atlanta. The breakfast was good; the area clean and there were many choices. The pool was small but clean and refreshing.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vpoore
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed May 1, 2010

We were in Atlanta for the baseball games and wanted a place out of the city. It is tucked away just off the highway. The staff was very friendly and effiencient when we checked in. We asked for a non smoking room and received it. We could not hear our neighbors, the room was nice sized with a microwave and little fridge. It was a clean room and bathroom. Free wireless internet is a plus. The pool area was off the lobby and appeared to be kept up. We did not have time to go swimming but there were guests enjoying the pool. The fitness room was very small. It held one of each of the standard equipment. The continental breakfast was as expected. The bagels were fresh, and the handmade waffles were a plus. You get a lot for the small price you pay per night. It's a top rate hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We were told upon arrival they were out of refrigerators's, but someone would bring one to us the following morning. Before lunch, we spoke with the front desk and once again were told they were out of refrigerators. The man at the front desk said he thought someone brought us one. My family works out avidly. When we tried to make use of the fitness center, we were severely disappointed. There were two exercise bikes and two treadmills. Only one bike was electric and the chord had been cut from the machine, therefore making it completely unusable. Only one of the treadmills would turn on. However, most of the functions (incline, speed control, distance, calories burnt, etc) did not work. The area surrounding the indoor pool has only 6 chairs and one table. It also supposedly closes at ten. The first night we were there it closed at nine because "they thought everyone was done using it". The next day it did not open until late afternoon because they were cleaning it. After it did open, we could not use it. There was so much chlorine in the pool it would burn your eyes to walk into the room. We had to purchase towels at Target in order for everyone to be able to shower. We were given two towels for four people. There was also mold around the ceiling in the shower. The room had thick mattresses with regular sheets. This caused the sheets to pull loose throughout the night. They do offer wireless high speed internet however it only works if you sit by the window. Making it hard for me to stay up to date with work at the same time my teenage daughter chatted with friends. There was trash (paper plates and candy wrappers) scattered on the floor in the stairwell. They say they offer continental breakfast... we arrived around nine and were told they were out. They did have coffee available though. This hotel is not family friendly. I do understand that you cannot expect a resort for the price we paid. However, I do expect cleanliness. I do expect to be provided basic neccesities for the number of people in my party. I do not expect any hotel, regardless of price to claim to offer ammenities that just do not exist. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#107 of 173 in Atlanta
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Ballpark at Cobb Galleria

Been to Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria? Share your experiences!