“Reliable BBQ, close to Interstate 75, Buckhead, and Downtown”
Review of Shane's Rib Shack

Shane's Rib Shack
Ranked #1,007 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I will agree with the other reviewers here that this is not exceptional, gourmet BBQ. The ribs are tender, fall-off-the-bone, but the amount of meat on the ribs can be scant. The portions for the sides are generous, but the only truly terrific sides are the super-crispy fried okra and the soul-food-style green beans (note: seasoned with pork; not vegeterian). The real benefit of this location is the fast service and the convenient location - 1 minute from Interstate 75; 5 minutes from downtown; 3 minutes from Buckhead.

Call ahead and they'll have your order ready for you to pick up. Or eat in the restaurant and enjoy watching a baseball game on one of the many flat screen TVs around the dining room. Kid friendly. Easy parking. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Reasonably priced and the food was good, The ribs were good as well as the bbq sandwiches on the bun. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Tasted bland, nothing extra ordinary about this place..

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I ate at Shane's while I was down in Atlanta for training, and enjoyed our meal. We both had pork ribs and shared a few of the sides, all of which were very good. Prices were reasonable, and the food came out extremely quickly. We'll be stopping back here the next time we're in Atlanta.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

I was told this was an expanding chain in the area, not my usual thing, but the location suited me. On their web site I noticed that the pulled pork was served 'slathered' in sauce. That was a turn off. But I ordered mine dry with sauce on the side. I think this meant two positive things: 1) it tasted like pork instead of sauce, and 2) it was fresh. It was not at all dry, and had good flavor. However, the sauce was rather nondescript - so if they had slathered on, the sandwich would have been not so good. Fries were above average. Sorry, I did not get any sides.