Bodies... the Exhibition Atlanta at the Premier Exhibition Center
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was wanting to go to the Bodies Exhibit on a number of occasions but not got a chance to go.
But a couple of weeks ago i got another chance to go so i did.
It was a very moving experience looking at all those bodies, skin,and bones and also seeing how the body functions. It was such a great experience, go and see this for yourself. It was amazing.
Also we went to see the Titanic exhibition, take the opportunity while you can. It was very AMAZING!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jaimati P

Suches
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Interesting!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We went to see the bodies exhibit at Atlantic Station. All four of us were pretty fascinated and entertained by the exhibit. It took us about 90 minutes to complete.

Positives - The bodies were impressive with the polymer preservation. It was not upsetting to see the bodies (except maybe the skin.) A guide walked through to point out examples on the full scale models. It was not super crowded.

Negatives - I thought it would be larger. A stationary guide in each room would have been nice. I was not a fan of the "sliced and sectioned" bodies which were used to read MRIs.

Also, the staff didn't maintain a presence at the front. Our group debated going in to the Titanic exhibit because no one was watching but I was the only interested one.

Houston, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Explore, Experience and Celeberate The Wonder of The Human Form”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

BODIES... Using an innovative preservation process, the exhibition provides an intimate and informative view into the our body's inner beauty in ways we never dreamed possible. Over 200 actual human bodies and specimens, meticulously dissected and respectfully displayed, offer an unprecedented and wholly unique look into our amazing body.

There's something about seeing actual preserved body parts in front of you that makes the subject much more real and awe-inspiring than a science book or classroom skeleton ever can.

The set up might not be for everyone, though me n wifey were cool with it, but if you're the type of person that likes to just peruse and take everything in, you'd feel like there's not much there. The stuff they have is really intricate, but there isn't a ton of it, and there are massive blocks of text attached to each one. So you kind of have to be in the mood to sit there and really study a specimen carefully and read a few paragraphs to get the full effect.

That said, I'd suggest the audio tour. Yeah, they're always pricey and say pretty much the same things as the text, but it's nice to have to break up some of the reading, and gives you a chance to look as you listen instead of constantly going back and forth.

Many of the displays were tucked behind glass but several were freestanding. We found it too clinical for it to be gross, but there were definitely moments where we felt simultaneously detached and attached to our body. We didn't care for the still-attached eyeballs on several of the displays but it wasn't as disconcerting as the reattached lips and uh, eyebrows.

We found the circulatory segment the most compelling and strangely beautiful. There's definitely an artistry in filling veins with polymer and scraping away the rest. The fetal development portion was also interesting.

Just that locating the venue in Atlantic Station proved a little cumbersome. It is located on the 2nd floor of stairwell number 5, near the Publix.

Overall, "Bodies: The Exhibition" gets 4 stars from me. I am subtracting 1 star for the ridiculous admission cost for an exhibit that could be seen in less than an hour, it is NOT worth $24.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank ManasSingh
Lille, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Pissed by false advertisement and bad customer service”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am giving a bad review based on my bad experience caused by the false advertisement in 'Where: Atlanta' Jan 2014 publication and the bad customer service form the exhibitor's box office and not based on the actual content of the exhibition. For my review about the actual content, please skip to the last paragraph.

There is a QR code in the full page ad of the mag stating '25% OFF' with a claim stating 'No coupons required' sitting right next to it. Using any QR code reader app to read the code would bring up a URL linking to a JPG file that shows the coupon content electronically. With the wide spread of QR code usage and electronic coupon nowadays, most people nowadays are comfortable with e-coupons and merchants are widely accepting them; hence, I didn't expect any confusion to rise through the usage of the e-coupon.

Therefore we showed up at the ticketing counter of the exhibition and asked for a pair of adult ticket while mentioning about this offer and showing the sales rep the JPG e-coupon. To our surprise, the rep indicated to us that this offer we are asking for has expired and zoomed into the JPG picture using his fingers focusing on the bottom fine prints which ends with words "Exp: 10/31/13". At the time I thought that I must've grabbed an old issue of the mag without reading the fine prints carefully and paid the full adult ticket price of $22 each person.

Later when I reviewed the mag and found out it is actually the current issue of the publication, I called the exhibition box office to request for a refund of the discount. To my surprise, the sales rep who claimed that she is also the supervisor of the box office told me that no refund or reimbursement is possible and this is simply a 'marketing error' of their parent company 'Premier Exhibitions, Inc.'. I requested her to contact her superior and follow up with me for a resolution. So far, I have not receive any follow ups and the error is still persistent in the JPG e-coupon.

The actual exhibition itself would be interesting for people who have never visited any similar types of exhibition where human body specimens are purposely positioned, arranged and displayed along relevant explanations. However the visit would only last about 1~1.5 hours for average person with average interests to human anatomy and to 2.5 hours max for people who are really interested in human anatomy. I personally feel that paying $24 including tax for this tour is not really worth the money but I could've been influenced by my bad experience above.

Visited January 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This was my second visit to a Bodies exhibit. My first visit was about 3 years ago in Charlotte, NC and I was quite impressed with the scope and presentation.
This trip was for my teenage grandsons and I was very, very let down. The exhibition area seems depressingly dark and dingy, the bodies themselves and small with not very developed muscles and, worst of all, the exhibit is very small.
I had talked up what my grandsons would see, and we didn't see most of it.
I would give this exhibit a miss and try to see one in a bigger/better venue if such things actually exist.

Visited December 2013

Travelers who viewed Bodies... the Exhibition Atlanta at the Premier Exhibition Center also viewed

Been to Bodies... the Exhibition Atlanta at the Premier Exhibition Center? Share your experiences!